HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 11-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
aurey

Smile

Joan
I have had herceptin first with taxootere then on its own three weekly, I had an echocardiogram after the first five months I'd had no previous heart problems. But after ten months my ejection fraction went down from 70 to 45% so herceptin was stopped. after a rest it was restarted but again had to be stopped, and again. My heart is recovering again now and the heart doc says I can return to the herceptin but the onc has decided that it would be better to keep it in reserve to add to a chemotherapy treatment when it becomes necessary, that way it will be more efficacious - he says. I'm not even certain that Iwant any more chemotherapy but the herceptin is the only drug that keeps the 'wolf from the door' but this onc suggests that there is growing concern that herceptin becomesof less use the more you have of it, sorry can't think of the terminiology- the body becomes used to it.
aurey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:43 AM   #2
Anabel

Re: Herceptin questions

Hello everybody,

first of all, I would like to excuse my english ☺️!
My name is Anabel and I'm from Germany. I was diagnosed with Stage 2b her2 positive/ hr negative breast cancer last year and received neoadjuvant chemotherapy. The final pathological report showed, that the invasive Part of the tumor disappeared, but there was a DCIS left. Now I am still on Herceptin for the rest of one year (18 infusions).
Last week I spoke with my new MO and he would give me the Herceptin for another year. I am not sure, if I should do this.
The HERA Trial showed no benefit 2 vs 1 year... But is this the case for all subgroups?
How would you decide? I am a bist concerned and would be happy, if you had any advices.

Greetings from Germany.
Anabel
Anabel is offline   Reply With Quote