HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-15-2004, 09:35 PM   #1
Kristen

Lyn, As I said, I do agree with you, as I wrote my post I was referring back to the posts that brought this all to a head. I was not referring to you, as in the post, it said You, it was referring to the other posts and the person who wrote them as in lauren.
lauren posted the studies, took to heart that her drug of choice was being attacked and it was blown out of proportion in my opinion. You finalize everything, "it's a stupid study that's all I am saying." lauren, you asked the question if given the choice who wouldn't take adria over a taxane? I did, so are you attacking my drug of choice? Am I suppose to feel bad because I didn't use your gold stnd? I think not. I got on a great study that says it showed a good response, how good, how large of study, I don't know, I know I am NED right now and thats good enough for me. What I meant about how things change is as, research continues, how do you know that a taxane isn't better, how large of study do you want? You have been NED what 2-3 years now? I hope you stay NED forever. We all make choices about our tx and we shouldn't be made to feel like it was wrong. I feel good about mine and if I recur, I don't think I would blame it on the drug combo, I would blame it on this evil, sneaky disease. Ladies who took A/C in an adjunct setting have recurred, I don't think it was becasue of the drug, its the HER2 factor. Aren't you glad you haven't had a reocurrance? Saying the study is stupid is your opinion. That's fine, but don't make these other women feel stupid because they brought it up ok? Like I said you have spirit and heart, sometimes it just goes to far and if other people aren't posting because of fear of being put down or feeling stupid, well that is just wrong. In my opinion.
You can say, well don't read my posts, lauren I could do that, but you do have some good info, so I would like to read them with out the negativity side lines. One thing this board has taught us along with our doctors is to stay positive and not to be around negative people, when you said you didn't have an agenda and had no idea what Lyn was talking about, she explained how you twist things around and make it seem neg. We are not here for that. Sandy asked a question, asked if anyone had heard that. That was it. I am not here to blast you, I want you to know that. When I read these posts and others and your comments, I could see why some women are not posting. This post is for you. I know you have said that you are passionate about things and sensitive, that is great and I believe that, but look back on what you have written and try and put yourself in there shoes and see if you can see why these women feel the way they do. That's all I am saying. I am done with this and want to move on to more positive and enlightening posts that will improve my understanding of this disease and treatment options and being supportive to other women who have alot more going on other than myself.