HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2004, 12:27 PM   #1
Debra Druther

Hi everyone!! --

My name is Debra Druther (daughter of Christine and Joe, founders of her2support.org). On November 7th I will be participating (along with my mother, Christine) in the San Diego Susan G Komen Race for the Cure.

This is a great event where 75% of the proceeds will go toward programs in breast cancer education, screening & etc. and 25% goes to the Susan G Komen grant program which provides funding for research and other programs nationwide.

I am asking all and any of you ladies, if possible, to donate and "pledge" money for my Race for the Cure. I am in management at Starbucks Coffee and for doing this event, Starbucks corporation will MATCH any donations that I am able to raise. So, for example, if I am able to raise $500, then Starbucks will match my $500 to bring a total of $1000 to the Komen foundation.

Here's how to donate:

If paying by check -- payble to "Komen San Diego Race for the Cure", then mail to my address.

If paying by credit card -- go to http://www.sdkomen.org/RaceForTheCure/kome...ditcardauth.pdf and print and fill out the "credit card authorization" form, then mail to my address.

My address is:

Debra Druther
4380 Texas Street #5
San Diego, CA 92104

I will then proudly hand in my raised funds to the Komen representatives with a smile and, again, Starbucks will match the total amount I raise.

Thankyou all SO much -- I promise tons of photo's during our 5K walk! We will be sporting homemade t-shirts and, of course, pink!
Old 10-16-2004, 12:38 PM   #2
Lolly

Debra, I'll be sending a check, it will be an honor to contribute to your effort and kudos to Starbucks!

Love, Lolly