HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2007, 11:21 PM   #21
StephN

Wink To BUY or not to BUY ...

I did NOT buy in to the negatives when I was first diagnosed with Her2+++/hormone neg cancer.

I had three opinions and did get some numbers from those with different treatment options. The one I chose was the man who was less intent on those numbers and said that with the newer drugs and pacing of doses that there were better chances for most of us. I liked this approach and have not looked back since - just take a look at my "signature" and that should speak for itself.

I think a few of us should go on The View or one of the other shows to tell it like it REALLY is. There are many prospects and many ways to deal with ourselves once this disease is found out.

Seems many of us are dealing with family illness or our own relapses. Don't forget what Scarlet said, "tomorrow IS another day!"

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #22
hutchibk

I vote for going on Oprah instead of The View... At least she might give it a little more serious attention than the seemingly schizophrenic group on The View...

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:58 AM   #23
Roz

Sherri, I agree with you. sometimes I get down and wonder "what's the use". I think it's natural to feel like that from time to time. It can be exhausting being upbeat all the time. We need to feel the reality of our situation occasionally, as well as the joy of living. That doesn't mean that we don't all hope for as much life as we can have, but it's also not being Pollyanna.
Roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:56 AM   #24
StephN

Oprah, better audience

Don't get me wrong. Continually fighting my way through over SIX years of cancer treatments from head to toe has not been easy, but getting through it meant keeping a forward-looking perspective while enduring those clinic visits.
Looking forward does not mean we have to be upbeat all the time, just keep in mind that there IS more to life than our cancer, even though we now have some limitations that were not there before.

The beauty of our bodies is that we are able to "forget" severe pain and traumas to our body as time goes by. Otherwise, what woman would want to have more than one child, if the pain was the main issue? What happens after the birth wipes that out for most of us.

The ability to heal is a wonderful thing, and "the negative crap" is a hindrance in my opinion.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #25
hutchibk

You are a true inspiration, too Steph! Your words really resonate with me and I needed to read them today. Thanks for posting.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #26
Vanessa

I really needed to hear those words, also. Thanks Steph.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #27
caya

Ditto for me Steph. Thanks for the positive words.

Caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:01 PM   #28
Annemarie

I would too would say that cancer has been a hardship for not just me but my entire family. I was 32 at diagnosis. I have one child and would have loved to have more. A lot of dreams are crushed or cut short due to cancer. There are a few blessings along the way like most things in life.

My take on The View are a bit different than those who posted. I am not familar with bc and bone mets. I saw the episode and I believe Rosie said what the stats are for survival with that diagnosis. From reading the posts I see that that was inferred as a loss of hope. I think the stats are what they are and each case is a bit different. That being said anecdotal stats are not real numbers they can't be reproduced stastically. So knowing someone who beat the odds does not make Rosies information wrong.

I have had brain mets three times in six years. My neurosurgeon told me that my prognosis was not very good. He did tell me that when CA pts. get only brain mets they seem to do well. Knowing the stats was very sobering. I actually think that by knowing my stats has given me the opportunity to live my life differently. Like many who have posted I see my time very valueable now. I no longer take good health for granted and I think I am less concerned about things that don't really matter. My oncologist once said to me,"If I think you are going to die I owe it to you to tell you. Would you really want to go to work if you only had two more weeks to live?" We both chuckled but there was a lot of truth to that. So for me the truth helped me in the fight.
Annemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #29
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Thumbs down kat in the delta

What was that famous French ONC's name?????
just curious ---------------------------kat in the delta

Last edited by kat in the delta; 03-28-2007 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: left out
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #30
Jean

Hi Annmarie,

I watched the view and did so very closely as anything to do with bc
just pushes out everything else. It is not so much what Rosie said
re: stats....she and Barbara Walter both said that it was "Terminal"
that once you have bone cancer you can expect 5-10 yrs.
survival...those were their words.

This to me was annoying...since that is a very scary thing to announce
on National TV especially to newly dx. women who may or may not think
they not only have bc, but will they get or have bone cancer from their
bc. It is just my belief it was way over the top to say and totally not
necessary. I don't think I am over sensitive just senseable...If one of the
woman had bc or was fighting the fight for a loved one they would know
better. Shame that they who have the Media Power do not do a bit
more research before they speak...I just hate the word Terminal....

Going one more step for poor Elizabeth Edwards, it is bad enough she is
being dragged through the Media but to have them say she
is Terminal was not necessary. I paid close attention to the show that
morning....the stats did not bother me at all, (Also I do not pay attention
to stats) since that is just a number for the bean counters. I am flesh
and blood so therefore I would rather just pay attention to the treatment.

That my story and I am sticking to it!

jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #31
Jean

Steph,

Well said, Bravo...

Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #32
chrisy

Boy am I torn on this thread!

First of all, I don't watch ANY daytime TV as I work (more than) full time. So I don't really know what I'm talking about on this thread, but the discussion has been great!

And EVERYONE who has commented on this thread is absolutely right. We're angry, sad, focused, positive, hopeful, all of it at different times.

I agree, you have to focus on the postive and as StephN said, be forward looking. And keep living your life.

The reality is, at this time metastatic disease is "not curable" but is treatable. This was Mrs. Edwards initial statement about her prognosis, and is exactly what I was told by my rockstar oncologist. At that point, hearing that they were beginning to look at Stage IV bc as a chronic condition that could be managed for a long time was the first HOPE we got. My other hope is that major breakthroughs are just around the corner.

On the other hand, although Rosie or whoever quoted stats was probably quoting accurate stats, they are historical and thus (hopefully!) improving every day. Furthermore, statistics are just that and not a specific prognosis for any individual. There are so many factors influencing this.

That said, I think that the media loves to use words like "terminal" because that makes it so much more dramatic. Like we NEED more drama in our lives! That does a disservice to those who are trying to maintain positive energy in the face of a difficult situation.

Anyway, I'm ramblin on aimlessly, you are all so awesome I thought maybe if I posted on this thread I could be awesome by association!

Chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #33
Soccermom

WOW Steph...you express yourself so clearly. Thank you for being so open,balanced and honest. I would guess this is just Steph, being Steph...what a blessing you are.

Marcia
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:24 PM   #34
fauxgypsy

Thumbs up life is terminal

Sherry,
I was recently diagnosed stage IV and it is frightening. I can't imagine going through this with young children. My girls are grown and I recently married the love of my life after many years in a bad marraige. Two years ago my baby brother went to sleep on his couch and didn't wake up. He was only 35. When he was a baby they told us he probably would not live much past his teens. He had two young children. Last year my stepfather passed away after fighting lung cancer for a year. He had lost two sons within six months the year before. And recently ( right after my diagnosis) my husband's stepson from his previous marraige was hit head on and killed by a driver that had a massive heart attack. Jason was 30 and the other driver was 40.
I guess where I am going with this is that we are going to die of something someday. When I start feeling sorry for myself and I do, I try to remember that I am not promised tomorrow. I have time to come to terms with this and to help my family prepare. With any luck and lots of prayer I hope to have many more years. I know that I have a lot yet to learn about and from this illness and I have had more "@#$% opportunities for growth" than I have ever wanted in my life. But I have found that I am paying a little more attention to the important things in my life and a little less to ambition. I am still very angry about it and when I am very tired I just want to cry.
My heart goes out to you and your family. I know that it is hard.

Leslie
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #35
Malena

The most important thing is not to give up.
When I discovered cancer I took a moment for me in my room: OK, I said, I will have to fight but I'm not afraid and I don't want the cancer to destroy my life.Every person has a different path on this earth and the path could be long or short: I'm like because, in any case, I know I can not lose my time.

Sandy: I definitely want to see your green shoes!
February 2006: mastectomy + 10 nodes

4 cm tumor
, 1 node micromets , ER-PR-, Her2 3+
June 2006: started Herceptin
July 2006: stopped Herceptin for high heart toxicity
January 2007: reconstruction

Malena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #36
Diane H

Chrisy I like what you wrote....

We are at one time another up or down, negative or positive and there really is no one right way to feel. I see my diagnosis as two sided, one of the worst things that ever happened to me, and yes, sometimes I feel it has given me opportunity for personal growth. I still would have wished not to go through it. Sherry my prayers go out to you and your family, I understand your sadness.
Diane H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #37
Patricia

Taking advantage of every day

Cancer has caused such a complex change in me personally and I do believe that it is very important to be as relaxed and positive as possible. In the time since my dx (july 05) there have been so many others in my life that have also been dx; ex-husband, sister in law, brother in law, best friend, best friend's husband, 2nd husband's ex-wife. I feel surrounded by it and forever changed. I dont think blessed is quite the way I think about it, reborn almost. I take everything (non cancer related) easier, I am more mellow and I am more careful about all of my choices (what to eat, how to spend my time, who to spend it with, how i save/spend my money, how i do my job, etc) I am fundamentally a different person. I also live with a level of fear that I often find difficult and have to focus on managing so that the dark clouds dont take over on those days that I know we all have.

Sherry, my thoughts and prayers are with you. My ex-husband also has melanoma (stage 3c).

Hugs,
Patricia
9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #38
Adriana Mangus

Thumbs up Right on!

I agree with everything you say Cathy. I do stay away from negativity and concentrate on the positiveness that Life has to offer.

People do not understand what a BLESSING this disease has been to me.
I appreciate every single moment of my life doing what really inspires me, taking time away from work, enjoying vacation time with my husband and my daughter, cooking -experimenting - for my family, etc.etc....(kinda of like to see the look on their faces - they think am crazy, ja ja ja).

I have always been close to my family, but this disease makes it so much more special when I get to visit them. I enjoy every single moment of my life.

I'm not happy...

I AM CONTENT. CONTENT WITH MY LIFE, CONTENT WITH MYSELF.

Thank you for your inspirational note..it's going to stay with me for a long long time...
2003- Recur to rt lung.July 16 ( B-Day!)
Her2+++ Er,Pr, Negative
2003 - Aug04--Navelbine + Herceptin
2004- 2007--
NED - Herceptin, only
2007 Feb-April Xeloda added to hereceptin
2007-May Back on Navelbine+Herceptin
2008-Feb-Mar 15 Ses Rad to Rt. Lung
2008- Oc 17 Add Tykerb to Herceptin
2009- June-- Discont Tykerb
2009 July 7--Current Taxol + Herceptin
2009 Dec--Discontinued treatment due to progression. Looking into cyberknife.
2010-Aug Accepted to TDM1, no SE, except liver count went up.
2010-2011 September got kicked out of the trial, due to a small spot found on lung.
2011- 2012 September thru early 2013 on Herceptin
2013- March Bone density shows small spot on 5th rib.
2013 - April 4th appt with onc. will post after discussing course of treatment.
2013-March-April Cyber knife to brain and radiation to rib. Chest --base line before chemo-CT-Scan stable for lung issue. CA2729 Normal.
2013 April Herceptin- TDMI
2013 Sept Herceptin + Perjeta . CA2729 within normal range. Brain and Pet scans October 31st. will post results.
2013 October Brain MRI- mixed response. Will see Onc/rad on Halloween.
2013 October/November Brain-MRI nothing new. Repeat MRI next year in May.

2013 December Continue Herceptin and Perjeta. Stable at the moment.
2014 February Brain MRI -clear!
2014 January Added Taxotere to Perjeta+Herceptin.
2014 March Stopped chemo-chest ct-scan next.

2014- March Scans shows tumor's larger, CA2729 higher. Discontinue Herceptin.
2014 April Perjeta+ Halaven
2014 April CA2729 went down 60 points after one cycle. Cough does not want to go away.
2014 June Continue on Perjeta + Halaven-- no more cough. Stable
2014 June Back on Herceptin + abraxane
Adriana Mangus is offline   Reply With Quote