HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
hubofchitu

Question False positive LN???

MY wife (32 yrs old) - stg IIA. primary tumor 5cm. extensive DCIS. 2mm (0.2cm) invasion. Initially ONC and Pathologist said 0/8 level1 nodes, 0/4 level2 and 0/2 level3. A week later they said 3 level 1 are +ve. so, 3/14 in total. Onc staged her as IIA.

Is there a chance that it could be a false positive. she is ER+ve, PR +ve & Her2 +++, high nuclear grade, <35 yrs etc. Is there chance that the pathologist changed the status in order to have vigorous treatment protocol as she is in high risk group.

I am terribly worried about her prognosis and my BP is soaring since her diagnosis.
hubofchitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
NanaJoni

Re: False positive LN???

So sorry that your wife has had this diagnosis - she is very blessed to have you at her side. I wouldn't think that the drs "changed" a path report to justify a more agressive treatment. It really isn't unusual for path reports to become more detailed or have some changes after surgery or additional testing is done, especially between an initial biopsy and after a surgery. It might be a good idea to get a second opinion if your health insurance will cover it and most will. You are going to be making a lot of decisions and need to have the best information. You probably can't stop worrying about her but get that BP checked and under control asap. Cancer is a disease that affects more than just the person who has it - it takes a toll on love ones, too. Take care and keep us posted.
3/24/10:sent.node biopsy clear
3/31/10:bi-lateral mx.;atypical ductal hyperplasia-lft side
4/21/10:wound revision-infection/scarring 4/28/10:seromas both sides
5/21/10:port installed,TCH chemo (6 x 3 wks); Herc,-1yr; 33 rad tx after chemo
07/2010: port not working-2nd port didnt'work;3rd port opposite side.
07/2010: 2 weeks after 3rd port surgery, threw 3 pulm. emboli-IVC filter installed; warfarin
08/2010: hospitalizations w/3 of chemos; decision to stop after 4th-on to radiation in Oct 2010;Herc cont.
12/03/2010 - finished 33 rads Hooray!! cont. Herc. every 3 wks
4/2011 - pneumonia ??? Nope-radiation pneumonitis. No more Herc.
5/2011 - NED!!! port out.
8/2011 - clean PET & CT scans.Still NED
7/2012 - Still NED/very blessed.
2/2013 - 6 mos checkup-all clear. CA2729 down frm 13 to 11.
NanaJoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
john

I understand how you feel . my wife was diagnosed almost 4 years ago with er-pr-her2+ stage 2a with node involvement. She is NED so far but constantly worry about recurrence. Feel comforted your not alone in your anxiety. Keep in mind there are many treatment options and according to this sight and the yearly Susan G. Komen race that we and our teen boys now gladly do , there are alot of survivors of this horrible disease. My advice is ask as many questions as you can and if you think you should have a second opinion get one . My wife's onc is the greatest and always has time for our questions and concerns. Good luck to your wife and yourself and God bless.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
Becky

No koctor would change the status. Lymph nodes are tricky and sometimes the cancer in them isn't obvious at surgery but upon more though inspection, it is found - especially if its just alittle bit. This happened to me.

Your wife will receive vigorous treatment because of her age and tumor size regardless of lymph node status.

We are here for you through your journey.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote