HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
IrvineFriend

I'm all done - why depressed?

This may sound really odd, because my cancer journey was not without issue. Prior to diagnosis, athletic, doing well in career, etc. and finally feel like I've crossed the finish line. Implants exchanged a few weeks ago, and only thing left is nipple reconstruction. I should be ecstatic. Instead I feel so much pressure everywhere, from work to make up for lost time, to boyfriend for not helping enough with home projects and to myself, for not training for that 1/2 marathon. I feel like I "owe" everyone for all the assistance, but I worked all through treatment although I did call in sick when I couldn't make it in. I know I will need a vacation but used up that time for treatments and surgeries. I don't want to discourage those in treatment, but I still feel "tired" which I don't get. Even in the worst of chemo hell, I always put my running shoes on and went out, even if I couldn't go more than 5 minutes. It was the act of trying. I don't even try right now. I'm worried I was getting so much attention before and now I'm just a normal person, still struggling with words and complex thoughts and just tired of it all. Maybe this is normal, but I feel like I should be ecstatic and I'm not. Would love to hear from anyone else that felt like this; feel free to PM if too personal.

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Nurse4u2day

Re: I'm all done - why depressed?

IrvineFriend,
What is exactly feeling normal? . I imagine its different for everyone who has gone thru cancer/chemo. Both mentally and physically you and your body have been beating up.We have had body parts removed from us,drugs put into our bodies that no one should ever have in them! Some of us feel like we should be stronger and more tolerable of txs then we are or We should be thankful that we're not stage2,3 or 4 But the fact of the matter is all of us have our struggles during and after cancer wether it be guilt, fear or weakness or depression .The Dx of cancer and the endless txs as well as the unknown become very taxing on both our minds and our bodies ,so in my personal opinion what your feeling is normal (I at times feel the same way) Allow your self to feel what you need to feel and then pick yourself up off that floor and become the person you want to be .
Best of wishes. (There is nothing normal about cancer or the drugs used to cure it)
12/13 port placed
12/13 neoadjuvant DD AC xs 4 rounds started
02/14 taxol/herceptin started every week xs 12 rounds
Herceptin for 1 year
Ki67=23%
BRCA1&2 negative
5/06/14 last round taxol/herceptin. Chemo done!!!
5/07/14 clear CT scan
6/11/14 Bilateral Mastectomy Done
6/15/14 8mm tumor post chemo. Removed by bmx
6/15/14 lymph nodes 0/9
6/15/14 officially Cancer Free
7/11/14 emergency surgery to left breast . Wound refused to heal and broke open. New TE placed
7/28/14 emergency medical procedure now to right breast( post op 6 weeks mastectomy ) wound opens.
8/25/14 - 10/07/14 Radiation
11/24/14 CT of Brain clear
01/23/15 One year Herceptin Complete
02/04/15 Diep done
5/01/15 1 year Ct scan- mass in thymus
6/23/15 repeat CT mass in thymus still present
6/30/15 biopsy thymus 7/03/15 mass Benign! Diagnoses Thymic hyperplasia rebound ( chemo at fault, no long term health effects)
7/08/15 phase 2 diep
11/23/15 phase 2b ( reconstructive surgery with lipo)
03/05/18 Vinnie Myer 3 D nipple tattoos complete.
11/19/2018 5 years since Dx of IBC stage 3c remain NED.
11/19/21- 8 years today I officially remain NED and in 12 days I will be having a lymphnode transfer to help decrease some mild lymphedema! Still working, living life and soon to see a day I thought never would happen and that’s becoming a grandparent June 22nd.
11/19/2023 - 10 years since diagnosis and I remain NED
Nurse4u2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #3
Jackie07

A long one, but worth reading:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/c...reatment/page6

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:32 AM   #4
mjm

Hi Irvinefriend,
I'm not in your position, but you sound so much like me! So I can give you a little advice that I'd struggle to take on board myself. You sound like someone who works so hard and has put their all into a major battle and done brilliantly, and now you want to catch up on all the 'work' (in all areas of life) that you missed. But you have probably used up all your emotional and physical resources in this fight, and will still be affected physically by the treatments. Sooo, here's the advice I'd be so bad at taking: Break this new post-treatment phase into 3 stages - 1) try and take some kind of a holiday/rest/pamper to rebuild yourself - you really do deserve it! 2) Give yourself permission to build up slowly, maybe over 6 months or a year - you will just make yourself feel horrible if you set impossibly high goals while physically and emotionally you've got every reason not to be 100% better yet 3) When you do get back to feeling normal let yourself start on a clean slate instead of feeling you are a year "in debt". You will do well and get back to overachieving...don't push yourself too hard too soon.

If the depression continues too long, don't be afraid to seek help, but in the meantime, think about how you would treat your best friend in that situation, and try to do some really nice, gentle things for yourself. The time you spent being treated does not count as me-time

Hope you feel better soon, but keep posting either way xo
mjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
snolan

I felt the same way. Its another transition we have to go through. I was so mad at how all my appts etc were interfering with my life and then when they are gone I am like.. wait what about me. It feels like it has taken almost a year for me to get used to the new life without treatments and appts. Getting over the fear of not being watched so closely. Its part of our journey that seems to never end.
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
Debbie L.

Julie, what you're describing is SO normal. It's no fun, no matter what, to be in this phase of post-treatment doldrums -- but I've always thought that it would be a lot easier on us if we were warned ahead of time to be aware that it might happen.

You name all the contributing factors. For one, our public (usually including loved ones and definitely including acquaintances and workmates) so want us to be back to "normal". With the best of intentions, they encourage celebration and normalness, without any understanding of what's going on for us.

And there's so much going on. Most women, in order to get thru the rigors of treatment, put a lot of the emotional stuff on the back burner during that time. There's just so much to deal with during treatment that for most it becomes a day-by-day challenge (physical issues, next appointments, treatment choices, etc). So when treatment suddenly ends, most are left facing many of the deeper fears that come with a cancer diagnosis. It's as if those things see their opportunity (not much else is happening, finally) and they emerge demanding to be addressed.

Add to that the fact that it takes a LONG time to recover, physically, from breast cancer treatment. I've heard it said that one should allow twice the time of treatment, for our bodies to recover. And, as others have said, that "full" recovery will be to a new normal and (alas) probably not the same as it was before cancer.

Each person finds different ways to get thru this time. You WILL find what works for you. It will go most smoothly if you can be patient and gentle with yourself, and with those around you, too.

I think that when sitting down with a navigator or oncologist way back in the beginning, and again thruout treatment and certainly toward the end -- there should be discussion of this phenomenon that is SO common. In the course of our cancer education, we hear about other aspects of treatment -- side effects and how to manage them, cautions about lymphedema, etc. But rarely do our providers educate us about what to expect as treatment ends. It seems to me that knowing that these doldrums do happen to most women would make such a difference -- because we wouldn't be wondering what was wrong with us, and using our emotional energy trying to live up to the celebration going on around us.

Good luck to you. I hope that your starting this discussion will be of help to you, and to others who are nearing the end of treatment.

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #7
IrvineFriend

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your understanding all of this stupid emotional stuff. The hardest part for me is I don't feel like I think clearly like I used to. I struggle with sentences, names, words, etc. all the time. I know it takes time so I'll take everyone's advise and hopefully this will help someone else out as well. I was SOOOoooo happy when I finished radiation, they had balloons and a gift (earrings) and a certificate and the person I spent the most time with cried when she hugged me goodbye. It's just a new and different phase.
Thanks again!

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #8
JillaryJill

I think your emotions/mood are common. I experienced them also. You will see from some of my other posts...I had my stitches out from my exchange surgery on a Thursday morning and on Thursday afternoon my husband and I took off on a 1 1/2 week driving vacation out west. I just needed to clear my head. We went to Santa Fe, NM, Taos, Pheonix to visit friends, Grand Canyan, Flagstaff, Rocky Mountain National Park then back home to Chicago. It was alot of driving but I just needed to commune with nature to clear my head. It helped me so much. I was so vacation deprived because I was so strong through the surgery/treatment and too very little time off because I was scared of losing our health insurance etc. I suggest something to clear your head.
ER- PR- Her2+++, grade 3, 12 positive nodes out of 15
Stage IIIc
Started TCH/Chemo December 31, 2010
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year
33 rounds of TomoTube radiation, to chest wall, neck, skin and lymph area
September, 2011, MRI to lower spine, hips, DX bulging disk, L4 & L5, pain not from cancer
Expanders removed, implants in Dec 1, 2011
Finished Herceptin, December 21, 2011
August 2012, CT of chest and abdomen, all ok
Enrolled in MC1136 Phase I Peptide Vaccine Trial at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
March 2013, First Vaccine
April 2013, 2nd Vaccine
May 2013, 3rd Vaccine
June 2013, 4th Vaccine
July 2013, 5th Vaccine
August 2013, 6th Vaccine Done!
September 2013, Mayo visit, Echo results 68, vaccine did not effect my heart! Blood work normal.
January 31, 2013, Mayo visit, Echo normal
February 23, 2014, Numb lips on right side, Brain MRI, normal!
June, 2015, Finished the trial at Mayo Clinic. Feels good!
JillaryJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #9
carlatte7

I could have written this two years ago...please be kind to yourself and give it time. Good old time- it really does help. Yes, do something to clear your head...dh and i went to sanibel for a week and sat on the beach under an umbrella! I am one year out from last herceptin and am finally back to feeling normal. When you're in the middle of it you really don't know how bad you feel. Take care.
May1- first chemo.
May 5- I could no longer feel the mass. Really. Neither could my oncologist.
July 2- 4th TCH- Oncologist cancels last 2 tx due to "complete response"
August6- lumpectomy with axillary node dissection. No disease present in breast. 1 out of 14 nodes + (4mm)
MUGA #2- 72%
Finished 30 rads Oct '12. Mild lymphedema noticed when I had 2 rads left.
Continue Herceptin q3w until next May
April '13- first mammo since surgery- calcium deposits that are " not concerning." Well, they are concerning to ME! Turned loose from surgeon for 6 months! One more Vit H, will make plans then for port removal.
Oct '13- no change in calcium deposits. "See ya in 6 months!" Keeping port for now.
March '14- oncologist says return in 6 mo.
April '14- mammo unchanged. Surgeon will see me in 6 months but no mammo for a year unless something changes. Its getting easier, but oh, boydo i hate that scanxiety! Keeping port until 2 year anniversary of last Herceptin.
Sept'14- bloodwork good, return to onco in 8 months.
Oct'14- surgeon will see me in April '15. Moving on.
May '15- mammo unchanged, keeping same schedule. Tumor markers soon and if all is well port comes out.
July '15-tumor markers normal. See onco in a year. Appt. for port end of month. First grandchild born July 1st- for today, life is good.
carlatte7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #10
IrvineFriend

Thanks again for the PMs and posts. I don't think we talk about the lasting affects of chemo and treatments and the impact it has on those that HAVE to work through it all. I needed the insurance and my new job was upward. I want to let you know that I took everything you all said seriously. Told my boss (President) I need a break even though I don't have the time in May and said I would take it without pay. He responded they will pay for my vacation, not to worry. So instead of crying and worrying about my job, it's a bonus. I did not let anyone know at work know how bad treatments were or how it was affecting me. I wanted to be exactly the person I was before but I wasn't or couldn't be. The reality is, they know we're suffering, just not exactly how. By the way, I have been working in Oncology drug development for years, but switched to something else similar and didn't think they would understand. They did.

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
Old 04-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #11
IrvineFriend

By the way, I'm kayaking and camping in Olympic National Park in WA State with a friend in early May - Hoh forest. Can't wait. Would not have made this step/commitment w/o you all. Thank you!!!!!

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
Old 04-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #12
mjm

Oh, I'm so happy for you. Made me tear up a bit reading about having to work through chemo (here in Australia private health insurance is not tied to work and is reasonably affordable for many though not everyone, so it's more just about paying living costs through chemo), and not being able to take more leave, and then your boss's response.

Good on you and have a wonderful holiday!!!!!

Glad you raised this important issue too, as it sounds like so many women experience some post-treatment struggles.
mjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #13
JillaryJill

Good for you. Ahhhh back to nature. This will be so healing for you!!
Enjoy!
ER- PR- Her2+++, grade 3, 12 positive nodes out of 15
Stage IIIc
Started TCH/Chemo December 31, 2010
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin every 3 weeks for a year
33 rounds of TomoTube radiation, to chest wall, neck, skin and lymph area
September, 2011, MRI to lower spine, hips, DX bulging disk, L4 & L5, pain not from cancer
Expanders removed, implants in Dec 1, 2011
Finished Herceptin, December 21, 2011
August 2012, CT of chest and abdomen, all ok
Enrolled in MC1136 Phase I Peptide Vaccine Trial at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
March 2013, First Vaccine
April 2013, 2nd Vaccine
May 2013, 3rd Vaccine
June 2013, 4th Vaccine
July 2013, 5th Vaccine
August 2013, 6th Vaccine Done!
September 2013, Mayo visit, Echo results 68, vaccine did not effect my heart! Blood work normal.
January 31, 2013, Mayo visit, Echo normal
February 23, 2014, Numb lips on right side, Brain MRI, normal!
June, 2015, Finished the trial at Mayo Clinic. Feels good!
JillaryJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #14
starwishn2

Hey Julie~
I totally felt like you!! My doc even said it could be a little PTSD from cancer. It's leveling out for me finally. It feels like it's taken a long time. After 12 months and 18 chemo treatments it was weird to not have chemo/cancer the focus of my life and everyone else around me. Take it a day at a time - it will get easier and better! I'm to the point now where I'm ok that not everyone knows I had cancer and went through chemo. I'm starting to think about my life without think of chemo. My hair is looking fairly normal and I don't have the fuzzy wuzzy face hair as much. Things are feeling better. Hang in there!! Very exciting that you are doing something so fun in May!! Wahoooo!! Thinking of you~

Your friend~
Jeri
ITP playing nice
Diagnosed 3Jul2012 BC

2 cm - Grade 2 - Stage IIB
HER2+++

ER+/PR+
bilateral mastectomy 20Jul2012
Metastasized cancer found 1 lymph node
expanders placed during surgery
TCH chemo "cocktail" started 24Aug2012
every 3 weeks - 6 treatments
Herceptin - 18 treatments
LAST treatment Taxotere & Carboplatin 7Dec2012 -yay!
Continue with Herceptin 26Dec2012

Started Arimidex 01Jan2013 (for 5 years)
Surgery to remove expanders/reconstruction 18Jan2013
Infection in left breast from reconstruction/infection in most nails - SO many meds! 22Feb2013
Left implant not playing nice.... might need to remove and try again - blah! 04Apr2013
3Jul2013 - one year since diagnosis - booo cancer!

15Aug2013 LAST chemo infusion!! YIPPPEEE!!!
13Sep2013 2nd reconstructive surgery.. the FOOBs are looking good!

starwishn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:08 AM   #15
linn65

Julie,

I FEEL exactly the same way!! It is like okay you are done...snap, snap. And I think if I could just have ONE whole week off without pay and take a vacation and do nothing but relax.....Man, that would be I think so helpful. But it is like I feel like I have taken advantage of my work because with each part of treatment I could not be here full time. It is like you just want people to understand without telling anyone how you feel. Man it is so hard. I read your message again and I am sitting at work, and I just wanted to cry and cry hard.....But I am not. We do need to talk about all this after effects much more it would help me too!! After all, who can afford to take time off to go to counseling...This board is my counseling.
7/20/12 biopsy done. ER+ 30 PR -, HER+++,k167 80% Grade 2
9/2012 biopsy on lymph node - showed malignant

9/2012 Pre-adjunctive TCH chemo.

12/6/12 MRI after Pre-adj.
Results: Modest Decrease in size of left breast malignancy As well as the associated satellite lesions and auxiliary Adenopathy compared to prior study. Doctors hoped for better but good response it didn't grow.

12/18/2012 left masectomy with axillary nodes
Size 3.2 CM, Nottingham score 9/9
Grade 3, no evidence of in situ carcinoma
Areas of angiolymphatic are identified
Carcinoma is 0.5 cm from inked deep
Margin of excision
Attached axillary lymph nodes: metastatic
Carcinoma in 6 of 8 nodes.
Size of largest node 1.5 cm
Extracapsular
ER + 73%, PR+2%, HER2+

2/27/13 6 weeks of IMRT radiation finished

2/2013 Started on Tamoxifan 5 years.

8/2013 will take last Herceptin, 17 treatments total every 3 weeks.

BRCA1 & BRAC2 - Negative

August 28, 2013 DIEP flap on the left breast.
February 2014 Nip & Tuck
March 14, 2014 nipple reconstruction and removed port.
August 14, 2014 lump in lymph nodes under arm and above clavicle. Stage IV
August 28, 2014 herceptin And projeta starting and port put back in.

3/18/15 stopped arimidex.
3/18/15 progression....Tdm1
linn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #16
IrvineFriend

Thanks everyone for their replies. I'm gearing up for a really stressful week next week that involves travel to Mexico, etc. and I had two episodes that required me to take time off from work just last week. My cat got out and I live in Coyote land so I had to find her and then I tripped and had to have my elbow stitched back on and feel horrible taking time off that I don't have. So I wanted to report that people DO understand (at least some of them). My boss asked how many weekends I've worked lately (as he knows I have had to) so I have sick time back in my bank. I told him it's not necessary and then I remembered your kind words of wisdom that surgery, etc. was not "me" time. I was so grateful because I was feeling like they're going to fire me now that I'm cancer free but instead he wanted to make sure I felt comforted by not having a loss in wages should I be injured by something stupid. The elbow thing was quite gross actually! Thank you all for giving me strength. Like Linn, I don't have time for counseling or really anything else going on, so this really has kept me sane. I kind of lost it which prompted this email initially but you all brought me back to reality. So thank you.

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
Old 04-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #17
StephN

Ouch!
I am sure that elbow is painful. Hope it won't interfere with the trip up here to our misty woods! Just make sure you have lots of gear to stay dry in our rain forest!

And I do believe that you will feel better after this trip. A few days away in a different environment will do wonders.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:50 AM   #18
Lisalou

Julie Have a great trip to the northwoods! Good luck with the elbow healing should not take too long hopefully
Dx 1/2/2014 IDC ER/PR+
1/10/14 HER2 +
2/14/14 BRCA results negative
2/17/2014 skin & nipple sparing BMX with reconstruction Tissue expanders placed
IDC Stage 2A left breast. 9mm tumor no other CA 1/4 nodes positive
ER + PR + Her2 +(by FISH)
Right breast no cancer, sclerosing adenosis
3/13/14 Round 1 AC minimal side effects
3/27/14 Round 2 AC
4/10/14 Round 3 a little more nausea
4/24/14 round 4 hurray! Done with phase 1!
5/8/14 THP ( taxol weekly x12, Herceptin & perjeta every 3 weeks x 4)
7/24/14 done with chemo
Continue of Herceptin every 3 wks x 1 yr
5/14 start Tamoxifen x 5 years
8/18/14 removal of TEs silicone implants placed
9/14/14 Cellulitis Right Breast, suspect infected implant. Managed with Oral antibiotics, avoided surgery to remove implant. Whew!
12/17/14 nip & tuck revision of Left breast

We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face. The danger lies in refusing to face the fear, not in daring to come to grips with it. We must do that which we think we cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt
Lisalou is offline   Reply With Quote