HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

Hi everyone -

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are back from our Caribbean cruise and it was FANTASTIC. Have not felt this refreshed in a long time.
I recommend it to everyone if you can.

Our first stop was in GRAND CAYMAN which was still a bit torn up from last years Hurricane. We came back with rum cakes and lots of Mango Rum from the Tortuga Factory - yummy

Our second stop was COZUMEL - Here we SWAM WITH THE DOLPHINS - what an experience that was. Our dolphin Dory was a sweetheart. I am a big wimp so this was a biggy for me believe me. I was not afraid of Dory but I am not great in deep waters and snorkelling but it was great.

Our next stop was in COSTA MAYA - one of my favorite's- we did a lot of shopping there and since I speak spanish I was able to barter with them in their language which they loved - they got me - we came back loaded from this port. Truly enjoyed it.

Last stop was BELIZE - poor country but very nice people. We did the cave tubing there which started off on a 1 hour bus tour leading us to the river area where we were to embark on our journey.We all geared up with our head lamps and inner tubes in our bathing suits and water shoes (this was quite a funny site) up/down a rough path through an area which resembled a lost world to me. This lead us to a river where we lazily tubed for about a mile or more down a river. We tubed through dark caves and then out into open rain forrest areas. We really loved this excursion.
This really tested my strength as we did a lot of walking an paddling with our hands in the tubes when we had to move in areas where the water was not. IT FELT GREAT. We did not get to try the Tree Canopy Gliding which was on our list in Belize as the tubing took most of the day. But next time we will.

I can't say enough about the service we received on the Carnival "Miracle". Everyone was great and the food was non-stop and we found everything to be extremely fresh.

My significant other got a little bout of a 24 hours stomach thingy and I got it after 2 day's at home but other then that all was great. We really feel it was not from anything on the ship though and I am grateful I was home when it hit me.

Unfortunately now back to reality - I will be seeing my onc next week for results fo the rescanning I had done this week (we found a new spot on my PET before my cruise) so we will deal with that next week -

meantime I am still so relaxed I am at peace for now. Will keep you all advised as to results.

Talk to you soon

Irene
Old 06-03-2005, 05:34 PM   #2
Sheila

Irene
Your trip sounds fantastic....I took my son and his wife to the airport yesterday for their honeymoon trip....they went to Tahiti, Bora Bora and Morrea....I am so jealous, but I am watching their dog so with my 2 labs and their Welsh Corgi, I am busy.....but I will get my turn....I am going to Key West mid July with my girlfriend who is a nurse also...she needs a break from 2 little ones and I need a break from breast cancer so off to the Keys to the Hemingway festival for 4 days. I cant wait!!!
hugs
Sheila
Old 06-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #3
*_Irene from Tampa_*

Hi Sheila

I am envious of your son's trip too. That must be a beautiful area they are going into. Congrat's to you on your son's marriage.

You will truly enjoy Key West. It is very laid back and very tropical. I love it. Can you believe I have lived in Tampa all of my life and just made it there only a few years ago? I have never been to the Hemingway festival but it sounds like fun.

Have a wonderful time Sheila - you deserve it. Let us know what you did when you return.

Irene
Old 06-04-2005, 08:36 AM   #4
Sheila

Irene
I laughed when you said let us know what you did after the trip....we are staying at the Pier House on the Beach....they have a toplessbeach there....wouldn't i be a sightseeing attraction the way my chest looks!!!!Guess I am not that laid back, but I would think it might turn a few heads!!!

Hugs
Sheila
Old 06-04-2005, 12:14 PM   #5
StephN

So glad you ladies are getting a little breakaway - as Irene says, it does a person a lot of good to change your focus and surroundings for a little while. You come back home with some different perspective and some good memories.

We are having a string of visitors all summer so will not be going very far from home for a while. But, the summers are nice in Seattle, and not too hot.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #6
Esther

Irene, sounds like a lovely trip! So glad you had so much fun. The swim with the dolphins is the best, we have been able to swim with the dolphins twice now, in the Florida keys, and in Cancun, and it was absolutely fabulous.

We leave on July 2nd to fly to New Orleans, from there we will get on the cruise ship on the 3rd, and go to Grand Cayman, Jamaica, and Cozumel.

Chris is getting certified in scuba diving right now, so that we will be able to dive in Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

I'm following in your footsteps, just starting to get into the shopping mode for cruise wear!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #7
Lolly

Gosh Irene, after reading your account I almost feel like I was there too! Thanks for sharing it with us. I'll be waiting to hear about your scan results. Keeping fingers crossed :)

<3,
Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote