HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-20-2005, 06:07 AM   #1
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

Sorry Joe but I have to agree regarding the new format.

I feel like the previous format was much easier to navigate (and Lord knows that we probably all need easy at this point) I don't mean to say that I can't get around, but I don't seem to want to as frequently as I used to since I feel that it takes me longer to look up anything.

Either way, I love the site and will continue checking in on it, but since it was brought up just thought I would put in my 2 cents.

Thanks for all that you do
Old 01-20-2005, 02:50 PM   #2
imported_Joe

To all,

In August 2004, we were notified by Dream-Tools.com, who had hosted our previous message boards, that they would no longer be providing their service after our contract ran out, which was mid-November.

This is the 2nd time that this has happned to our group since it started. With the help of another member who is a computer programmer we started searching for a viable substitute. The decision was made to purchase the new message boards and host them on our server.

Foremost in our minds was the need to preserve our archives, which dated back over 1 year. These archives contained a wealth of information that honestly, I did not want to lose. Because of technical reasons, the present message board published by Invision.com was the only one where we could convert our old database and integrate it into their system. At last count, there were over 20,000 posts.

As I see it we have several options:

1. To find a more user friendly message board, use that one for new posts and retain this one ONLY for the purpose of searching for info.

or

2. Don't worry about the archives and just get a new message board.

I am also displeased with the new message board and am open to ANY ideas. In short, I need your feedback. If you frequent other websites and feel that we should use their message board system , post the site address and we will investigate the possibilities.

Warmest Regards
Joe
Old 01-20-2005, 03:16 PM   #3
Patty D

I am for getting a new message board strictly for new posts and save this one for archives and everything else. We do appreciate your hard work at setting things up and hope you and Christine will continue. Hopefully the new board will make "linking" or replying to messages or a specific response to a post much easier. Thanks for your continued efforts! Patty D
Old 01-21-2005, 10:59 AM   #4
Lolly

I like the current board. Maybe I'm in the minority!

Love, Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:08 PM   #5
Cathy W

I agree about the format. It was much easier to use before. I rarely read or post here anymore because someone has made the navigation too complicated for our needs.
Cathy W is offline   Reply With Quote