HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-19-2005, 04:43 AM   #1
*_IRENE FROM TAMPA_*

Hi Gina -

and welcome on the board.

I found your comments very interesting and would like to discuss further.
What is a serum Her-2 marker. Is that the Bayer serum test they have mentioned on this board?

I have been battling recurrences since 1996, with mets to liver which for now have been taken care of. I have been on Herceptin since 1999 when we discovered that I am Her2 positive.

I am not sure of my dosage but I have been taking once a week since 1999. With this new recurrence, my doctors feel that it is no longer working on me. I am ER neg. and high Her2.

What dosage are you taking? I really hate to stop Hercepting but no one really knows what it's effect is on me anymore since I have had so many recurrences. I feel that maybe my recurrences could be worse if I had stopped. I don't know. We have been checking into Avastin but I understand it works somewhat different (not on the cells as in Herceptin)

I am very interested in all you had to offer. I am at work at present so will check board tonight and get back to you.

Thanks Gena
Old 08-11-2005, 01:06 AM   #2
Gina

So sorry, I JUST read this at 4am on August 11, 2005. Would love to discuss at LENGTH with you at my home email GPOPP@Comcast.net. First thing is DO NOT PANIC. Second thing: Do NOT listen to your onc in this case. BEST bet...just increase your herceptin dosage or frequency and beef up the nutrition. I could give you a LOT of pointers...sounds like we have both been in the same boat for about the same time...WOW...congrats...you surely know HOW RARE YOU ARE> AGAIN, it is my uneducated but experienced opinion that it is not the HERCEPTIN failing... Have you tried this: RESTART the protocol with 8mg per body weight first week...then 6 next week, then 4, then 2 every week out. Also, I have found taking a round of Levoquin ANTIBIOTICS prior to the BIG dose of herceptin or BETTER yet, a WHOLE z-pak just before you start...DOES WONDERS>>>>this is from unpublished research...so don't go hog wild...but before you do something REALLY HEAVY duty like serious chemo...please give herceptin with a different dosing cycle a chance. Probably, your tumor burder / load has just gotten out of hand (as mine has certainly done more than on one occasion as I have gone through this), perhaps you have been under more stress...blah, blah...AGAIN, do not underestimate the power of food to help you. Also immediately try the quaint but effective DESITIN (40% zinc oxide) remedy that you apply to your feet nightly to boost your body's ability to fight. Try some welch's Purple REGULAR grape juice in the mornings to jump start you...There is JUST so much that can be done...please do not give up on the HERCEPTIN...that will be your LAST mistake...sad smile...Best of luck, Gina GPOPP@COMCAST.net