HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #11
R.B.

Mary mary

A powerful comment. We are all "frail" flawed and human it is part of our condition.

At the risk of being repetitive I note that many posts say I take threes or fish oil etc as part of their personal program, but few make reference to balancing the sixes.

Please excuse the "shout" but I wonder if I am managing to convey the other half of the omega 3/EPA DHA message which is

PLEASE BALANCE THE SIXES AND THREES.

Please do excuse me if you have already more than got that part of the message too.

Fish oil together with flaxseed or oil (personal preference see flax seed debate) according to reports is really beneficial at lots of levels, BUT the one that is at the root of the INFLAMMATORY PATHWAYS, and IN VAST excess in the average diet is OMEGA SIX family which includes the key player AA Arachidonic acid. Omega three six ratios in the US are reported as in some cases up to 1:50. The often suggested best average is 1:1. The pathways to make the longer chain omega threes are reported to go astray around one 1:7.

So for most it is necessary to look at your omega six intake, cut right down or out on vegetable, nut and seed oils except those exceptions that are high in three, moderate nut intake, and beware of processed food. (Me too - this is where this quest started when I realised how skewed my own intake was)

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you have been through a great deal.

RB

Last edited by R.B.; 10-24-2008 at 03:02 PM..
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote