HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2016, 12:06 AM   #1
rinaina

Been a while, been very busy medically

Not even sure where to begin but I will try and bring you up to date as to why I've been absent for quite a while other then a few peeks here and there.
My history is rich with medical issues ever since 1977 when I was diagnosed with Sjogrens Syndrome. As a result of that disease I have continued issues including kidney stones, renal tubular acidosis, arthritis, and the usual symptoms from this auto-immune disease which can be quite dibillatating at times. I have had a 4 level cervical fusion, a total right shoulder replacement, a partial parotidectomy, removal of a parathyroid gland, her2+ breast cancer in 2006, a double mastectomy with failed reconstruction due to radiation that left me with horrendous huge open wounds to heal over the course of a year. I have since had many reconstruction surgeries and one more coming up in early May which should be the last one. I am a walking testament that you can make it through just about anything with the right attitude and support. In June I will be having another shoulder replacement most likely on my other shoulder. I'm hoping for the same positive results I had with the first shoulder. If you add all this up, I believe I have had Just under 10 surgeries since 2002 and I'm not even counting my lumpedtomy, mohs surgery for a basal cell carcinoma and I'm sure I am forgetting something. I have finally had success with reconstruction and have an implant in my right breast following a latissius flap with an expander. My left breast needs one more surgery to reduce and lift as it lost its shape due to the wounds in 2014. In spite of all this, I feel blessed that my body has been able to handle and recuperate from all I've been handed in my life. I love life, family and friends too much so I choose to have a positive attitude and keep on pushing through the challenges, of which there have been many. It hasn't always been easy and I've had more then my share of pain, I've had my moments with tears and feeling down, but I'm fortunate to have great support from family and friends and I am thankful for the strength God has blessed me with to help me somehow push through my many challenges. So my her2+ sisters, you now can understand why I haven't been very active as I have been busier than I'd like with recoveries and a few more to go in the near future, but I want you all to know, I have never forgotten about this wonderful group and all the support I received in the past. Stay strong.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote