HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
Tami

Clean scans!!!

Hi all - I have been off line for a bit with computer problems and then started lurking mostly with elevated CA125 levels. I was wrestling with the decision to scan or not when I got the word that my Ca125 (ovarian cancer) marker was elevated for the past 2 blood draws. I ended herception a year ago after 4 ac, 4 taxotere, 35 rads and 1 year herceptin so before I removed my port last September we did brain MRI, bone scan and CT of abdomen and pelvis. All good. I had decided that I didn't want to do scans annually although my onc was up for it. So when the CA125 popped up we decided to do bone and CT scan and ultrasound of ovaries because 2 years ago I had an ovarian cyst that we all thought was nothing and we wanted to make sure that that was still the case. Then I started thinking of all the odd pains I had lately and was convinced I now had mets to the ribs. My mind went into major overdrive and I quickly became a wreck. I have never been more freaked out since all this started 2-1/2 years ago.

I was so relieved to find out today that all the scans were fine. Now I am trying to regain a sense of trust in my own intuition...fear just completely swept me away this time. I don't want to put my head in the sand but also don't want to go crazy on the fear path either..how do we strike a balance - live fully but remain vigilant advocates? Just needed to talk.
Tami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
tousled1

Glad to hear that all your scans are fine. I know it's a terrible thing living in fear of a recurrence. It amazing how our minds go into over-drive with every ache and pain we have. But, now that you got a clean bill of health enjoy!
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
Vanessa

Hi Tami,

I am very glad to hear that your scans are clear. That is really great news. I am also wondering how to balance not sticking my head in the sand and yet not freaking out at every little symptom. I will be doing a couple of more months of chemo and maintaining on Herceptin for a while. Here is hoping that all of your future scans are clear. Best wishes.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
geraldine

Hi Tami,

Excellent news on your scans, they dont come any better..

It's natural to feel worried when we get aches and pains. I was convinced it was in my stomach but it turned out to be trapped wind... Laughed so much it cleared..

I live life to the full but I am allways checking and if it does come back again...Well,
I've beaten this twice and I will beat it a third time

Remember, we are the lucky ones, to have this type of cancer, if you know what I mean!!!!

Don't worry too much!

God Bless
Geraldine

I
geraldine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
lindaw

Dear Tami

Clean scans are such a relieve aren't they. So happy for you.

love
Linda
lindaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:28 AM   #6
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Thumbs down kat in the delta

So glad to see your scans were good......I also wonder with every ache and pain....I ache everyday,especially in the morning....I have to stretch alot to get going and sometimes take something for the pain in my joints and bones.....anyone else like this....??kat in the delta
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote