HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-30-2004, 08:37 AM   #1
Vicki Z

Hi Rozebud,

Your message was good and I printed myself out a copy. I look forward to hearing what others have to say about this subject. First off, what is CCA? Not familiar with the acronym. As for me, I have improved my diet, although it was pretty darn good before bc. I now drink carrot juice mixed with almond milk in the a.m. along with hot cereal (oatmeal with an apple/apricots or buckwheat groats), 10 raw almonds a day and a few walnuts, If I have time, I'll blend in an apple with it. (I add the almond or rice milk to give the carrot juice a better taste). I have been steaming or eating raw broccoli most days. I eat salmon or tuna once or twice a week and I'll buy organic produce if it looks good and I have a choice when I can, but not always. You go have that cookie; I just had a piece of chocolate cake with white icing from someone's retirement party here at the college today! I still drink coffee in the a.m. and am interested in alternatives to that and as for supplements I've just added CoQ10, B-50 to my calcium-magnesium. I'm still looking for a good multi with no iron or copper (a cancer tape I listened to said to avoid copper, but I don't know any more than that). As you say, we have to let go and let God and know that we can't control some things and we can be grateful that God brings wonderful people into our lives to help us along the way.

Keep that beautiful spirit of yours shining, Rozebud,

Vicki Z
Old 09-30-2004, 08:52 AM   #2
Rozebud

Thanks Vicki! And sorry - CCA is cancer treatment centers of america. My mother's husband went through radiation for prostate cancer 2 years ago and his PSAs are rising so they are going there every 2 months. It's only of those places where they treat body, but also mind, nutrition, spirit, etc....