HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-11-2004, 10:55 AM   #1
eric

My wife has just finished the 3rd of 4 taxol treatments and is experiencing what she believes is terrible tingling, although it feels more like itching. It started after the 2nd treament and seems to come and go, mainly in her feet. Anyone have any recommendations? She's tried b6 and glutemine (? spelling). I'm also curious how long it goes on once treatment is completed.

Thanks...Eric
Old 03-11-2004, 04:54 PM   #2
Carlye

Hi Eric,
I had 6 rounds of Taxol and at times though out I felt like my skin was crawling. When I scratched it never seemed to help because it felt deep within my body, hard to explain it was such a weird feeling. I took naproxin and it seemed to relax me a bit until that feeling passed. Hope this helps!
Old 03-12-2004, 05:35 AM   #3
Lolly

I had very numb and at the same time aching feet, and legs ached badly. My onc prescribed Neurontin, it's actually an anti-seizure medication I believe, and that along with Tylenol helped greatly. If I remember right, I would take it the night before treatment, and then continue for several days, then the symptoms would abate and I was ok until the next time.
Foot rubs and heating pads helped also!
Lolly
Old 03-12-2004, 02:38 PM   #4
jessica

hi-
i did 41 weeks of weekly taxol and had some neuropathy in my fingers & toes..toes first, mostly the bottom of my toes...numbness, like i'd been sitting on my toes & they fell asleep.then the same in my fingers.what was more problematic is that my fingernails started to discolor & seperate/peel back from the nail bed.now THAT was painful.
my doc encouraged me to use glutamine powder mixed w/water and tea tree oil under my fingernails.it seemed to help quite a bit.
i also tried to keep my fingers in an ice batch during the taxol infusion (to constrict the blood vessels & decrease the flow of taxol), but that is cumbersome and pretty uncomfortable.
hope this info is helpful!