HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2006, 04:08 AM   #1
Mary Jo

Thank you

Good Morning everyone AND Thank you all,

Just wanted to say thank you for you all "listening" to my whining and worrying as of late. I'm not sure what's up with me. I seemed to have had things in perspective for the most part of this journey and just lately worry assails me. I'm pretty sure that my coming to the end of my herceptin, Oct. 11th, is adding fuel to the fire.

I think we all come in here looking for just the thing we need for that day. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes not - as there are times we read the word "recurrence" or "prognosis poor" one too many times and that can cause worry in all of us.

I want to say thank you once again for putting up with my negative posts as of late. I don't like being that way and am bound and determined as of today to put things back in perspective. I will live my life to the fullest each day and take things as they come - whatever that may be.

God's in control and He knows what will be. All my fretting in the world will not change a thing.

So.............hugs to all..................and more positive posts a comin' :-)

marejo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:38 AM   #2
CherylS

Marejo - No need to apologize. We all struggle with this. As long as Romans 8:28 is your signature you are properly focused with the facts separated from the feelings.

I'm having the same problem myself right now. I finished Herceptin June 1. Two weeks ago my ca27.29 went from 30 to 37. Now I have to have it rechecked every 6 weeks for 4 times. I was doing so well up to this point. My remedy for fear is faith, as is yours. Done a good Beth Moore study lately? They do wonders.

Where do you live?
Old 10-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
deb-steph

Wink keep'em coming

you're not whinning. tell all of us exactly how you feel. it is what we all are here for. not everyone has someone who will be there for them on the bad days as well as the good days. we are here for you as you are for us. some of those bad days will take 2 - 3 weeks to get better. this journey carries a lot of emotion and we all on this site feel your pain because it is what we all go thru at one time or another. keep us posted and we will keep you in our thoughts.

Remember: God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb.
deb-steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
Vanessa

Please don't apologize. We are here to listen and give our support.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #5
suzan w

NO need to apologize! I know I feel worried more often than I care to admit! And I hate to pass off these fears onto my friends and family-who have been so supportive and upbeat. That's why I love this board...we can spill our guts to people who are going through the same experiences, fears of the unknown, etc. I just finished my last herceptin last Wednesday and feel rather like an astronaut who has just noticed her tether has come loose from the mother ship!!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #6
tousled1

Marejo,

No need for apologies. We are all in this together -- good days and bad. We all have times when we are feeling down and this is a great place to come for the encouragement needed to get through another day.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
al from Canada

Marejo, One thing that cancer does teach us all is just how fragile life is........"living each day to the fullest", is probably the best gem of information anyone could get from this whole experience. Without women like yourself willing to share their very personal experience, that message would never come across: so we all have to thank you for sharing your fears and reinforcing that message.

Good luck, Al
Old 10-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #8
mom22girlz

Don't worry about some down days. We all have them. I've always wanted to tell you that Romans 8:28 is my favorite Bible verse. Thanks for having it in your signature as I get to read it more often! sincerely, susan
mom22girlz is offline   Reply With Quote