HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
Lani

possible mechanism of her2+ breast cancer's relative radiation resistance

1: J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2009 Jun;29(3):350-3. Epub 2009 Jun 10.

Induction of ERBB2 nuclear transport after radiation in breast cancer cells.

Luo B, Yu S, Zhuang L, Xia S, Zhao Z, Rong L.
Department of Oncology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China, luobotongji@yahoo.com.cn.
The ERBB2 nuclear transport in breast cancer cell lines after radiation and its possible role in radiation tolerance were observed. Confocal microscopy and Western blotting were applied to detect the nuclear ERBB2 expression after radiation in breast carcinomas cells. And the effects of Herceptin, AG825 and Cisplatin on the expression of nuclear ERBB2 were investigated. Survival fractions were also observed. After radiation, compared with control group, confocal microscopy and Western blot revealed that the expression of nuclear ERBB2 was increased in breast cancer cells time-dependently. Herceptin, and AG825 could significantly inhibit the radiation-induced nuclear ERBB2 expression, and decrease survival fractions. Cisplatin also induced the nuclear ERBB2 expression in breast cancer cells with high ERBB2 expression. It was concluded that radiation could induce ERBB2 nuclear transport, and nuclear ERBB2 may correlate with radiation resistance in breast cancer cells with high ERBB2 expression.
PMID: 19513620 [
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:58 AM   #2
Foge

Arrow Re: possible mechanism of her2+ breast cancer's relative radiation resistance

Once upon a time, I turned pages for Jamie when he performed the Kreutzer Sonata at a studio class. This was before I played it myself, so I was unfamiliar with the theme & variations movement. There's one particular variation which is 2 straight pages of 16th notes, and 2 repeats. I made the mistake of glancing away from the page for a second, and discovered to my horror when I looked back that I couldn't remember a) where we were, and b) whether we had done the repeats. I ended up half-standing & hovering for what seemed like an eternity, with Jamie kindly giving me subtle no shakes and finally a clear yes nod.Then there was the time that I turned for a friend playing in a vocal recital @ Scotiafest. He asked me at the last minute as a favour, so I accepted, forgetting that I was battling the remnants of a nasty cough. There's nothing like being on stage and NOT BEING ALLOWED TO COUGH that will make you want to cough up a lung. I managed to get through the entire thing without once coughing during a piece, but then had a friend in the audience comment on the odd expression on my face at various times.

buy auto insurance online ultram