HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
anne

Any other vaccines besides Seatlle and Winber?

Hi everyone,
I would appreciate if anyone has come across any other vaccines besides these two. Mom is not HLA-A2 or A3 positive so I am looking for an alternative.
Michele U , I know that U. of Washington had numerous carriers for their vaccine, what did they test in your blood? I would appreciate if you have the contact person's phone number so I can talk to them further.

Thanks,
Anne
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
michele u

Anne,

I did not have to get tested for the HLA because it was a dna vaccine. What stage is your mom? I'm stage 3. I know for the one that i got you don't have to test for that. There is another vaccine trial starting at MD Anderson. Get on their website to check it. I will email you the contact numbers for Seattle. Good luck!!
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #3
michele u

Anne, the contact is Patty Fintak at www.paf3@u.washington.edu
Old 11-08-2005, 11:40 PM   #4
sherri

Hi Michele,

I miss you, we had a good time in San Diago. Michele do you know the difference between E75 Vaccine and the one you got at UW? Next week I have to send them some blood and then I think I have to go there soon for my vaccine.
Take care and say Hi to your mom for me.
Sherri
sherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:11 AM   #5
uma

Smile Hope for all HLA-A2 negetive but Her2+ vaccine seekers

Anne and All:
Dendreon’s breast cancer immunotherapy (APC8024). Note: I did research and found that there is no requirement for HLA-A2+
Dendreon Corp has announced that results of a phase I study indicate that APC8024, the company's investigational therapeutic vaccine for breast, ovarian and colon cancer appears to be safe and stimulates immunity, and is showing signs of clinical benefit in patients with advanced, metastatic, Her-2-positive. Go to the the link below for more details:

http://www.obgyn.net/newsheadlines/w...20030107-8.asp

Rama for Uma
uma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:41 AM   #6
Joe
Webmaster

Here's 27 of them:
http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/sea...ast%2C+vaccine

Regards
Joe
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
michele u

Sherri

I miss you too!! This is how i understand the difference. The E75 vaccine targets one protein as the DNA vaccine has alot of different proteins in it. Some that they don't even know that's in there. The DNA vaccine is supposed to be already broken down a few steps then the other. The body has to develop antibodies to the protein and make a immune response. They think that the DNA vaccine might the closer to making that immune response then the other. If this is wrong someone reply. When i'm in Seattle this week i will ask Dr. Salazar to post on the vaccine. She is sooo nice i'm sure she will do it
Old 11-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #8
Julie2

MD Anderson vaccine

Hi Michelle,

Could you please let me know what is the vaccine you are refereing which is offered by MD Anderson. I checked their website and could not find it. Could please tell the name of it or link to it.

thanks,
Julie
Old 11-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #9
anne

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Michele, how long did you have to spend in Seattle when you got vaccinated and how are you feeling since the administration. I saw that my mom could participate in your trial and will call Dr.Salazar to see how to get started. I am a little dissapointed that we couldn't do the one close to us and no one knows what exactly it means if you test positive for certain peptides prognosis wise.
Hugs to all,
Anne
anne is offline   Reply With Quote