HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
eric

Smart bomb` nanoparticles stop cancer`s spread

There's been a lot of articles posted here about this. Hopefully we're closer now to a trial...
http://paktribune.com/news/index.shtml?203096

University researchers at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) have discovered a way to use nanotechnology-based "smart bombs" to streamline lower doses of chemotherapy to cancerous tumors, cutting down on the cancer`s ability to spread throughout the body.

The treatment strategy, devised by scientists at UCSD, focused on halting the ability of pancreatic and kidney cancers to metastasize. The treatment also appears to cause less damage to surrounding tissue than traditional chemotherapy, according to information released by the university.
The research has been a joint effort between scientists and oncologists in the university`s health sciences and engineering departments. "We were able to establish the desired anti-cancer effect while delivering the drug at levels 15 times below what is needed when the drug is used systemically," said David Cheresh, a professor of pathology at the UCSD School of Medicine, in a written statement. "Even more interesting is that the metastatic lesions were more sensitive to this therapy than the primary tumor."
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
lilyecuadorian

Eric I forward this post to my husband and ther is his point of view !!

My darling wife…

Don’t know how you found this but this is what I’ve been saying for while. Every cell in the human body has to have a foot print of the internal DNA structure. Every cell has a specific type of DNA needed to do the job. Or, I should say, a portion of the DNA to do a certain job. That DNA or foot print should be used to target the cells. The issue resides in identifying the foot print and, instead of a mechanical attack (nano-bots) the attempt should be made with chemicals. We already know that cells require a certain set of proteins to conduct metastasis. It does look promising that if they can create a nano-bot that can be programmed with the foot print of the cell to attack then medication can be ‘programmed’ and the tumors attacked. The turn around time would be incredible. No long days at the oncologist office. To continue on the idea of direct assault. The reason we haven’t found a cure yet is because we’re traditionally always attacked the cell as a whole. Take the cell apart and attack pieces. Memnon and Scipio ascribed to the philosophy in there battles. If you can’t win the big battle, reduce the enemy to smaller battles or smaller parts. It’s a shame the Darius ran Memnon through. Talk about a mistake that had world wide ramifications.

All in all, this isn’t a cure. It’s a fight or reactionary medicine. What we need to do is focus on a cure and that means finding the agent (or environment) that we must have imbibed in some manner to have caused the cancer. On the other hand, it could be simple math. So many reproductions of the same cell through some many generations (both in one’s lifetime and through hereditary means) given to so many different environments must, with out argument, lead to aberrations. Along that same line, the human body must have, at some time during its earliest development found a way to combat cell aberrations. It had to of in order to survive. That leads us back to the question of why can’t our bodies deal with it. The answer to that question will lead to the actual cure.

In my opinion the FDA is handling the unnatural foods improperly. For example, anything that changes from liquid to gas at room temperature shouldn’t be imbibed. That would be the carbonization of drinks. Soda, cola, etc. Our bodies were not meant to handle elements that produce gas through our stomach. That’s what the lungs are for. Preservatives in foods is another ‘item’. We should not eat food that has a shelf life of over month. That’s the average time a non-acidic fruit survives. That math maybe a little off and I might have my facts backwards. It’s either fruits with acidic juices last longer than those of lower ph or the other way around. I don’t remember. If we did boycott all foods that had a shelf life of over month that would force local agriculture to be re-energized. That would be a great thing all around. Perhaps even worthy of a law. Think they’ll name it after us? You know, the ‘Schachner’ law. All kidding aside since it’s a buyer-beware world we should consider some logic in the foods we choose.

It’s a real shame that people think the idea of eating healthy a modern infatuation. Consider, for example, the slaves that used to test foods for the monarchy. Though we all don’t have our personal food tester - we can use simple logic.

Any way, said to much or not enough…See you when I get home.

Don’t struggle to hard on the big words, use the internet. (Be careful where you go though).
her2+++ and ER+PR+ from32 nodes 4 positives
mastectomy right breast chemo before surgery herceptin/carboplatin/taxotere ,clear and surgery have radiation 20, `& then herceptin and tamoxifen
NED until Aug/07 body only then 'n June 04-06-07 .1 lesion of 1.6 cm on cerebellum ...novalis ,open sugery
5m.m brain met again novalis, 4mm.In the liver. Waiting 2 months now 3 tumors enroll on T-MCC trial start first infusion Nov 5/07 at Dec 17 scan show one tumor despair the 2nd and 3th diminish Doc said great results until March/08 ct scan show progression
03-05-08 start tykerb & xeloda
lilyecuadorian is offline   Reply With Quote