HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
~Mighty Oak's 2nd Ixempra Tomorrow & Update On Us~

Well, tomorrow is his second treatment and I cannot wait to see what the tumor markers represent. Besides the previous pain issues, not due to the Ixempra, things have been good for him. Although not the proper way to go about appetite control unless the last resort, he has taking 2mg of Decadron twice a day (no roid rage however~tehehe). This lasted only 2 weeks and was a choice made by him, not OncoMan, he will not continue this treatment unless direly needed again. His hunger is sometimes unsatiable, he has been awake and alive, pushing himself to the limits. I cried when he replied to me the other day, "I guess you know by now that I am doing pretty good on this treatment!" Yes My Sweet I did notice! So far no problems with hands and feet, nausea controlled, appetite controlled, pain controlled. This man is living right now, fully living again and I watch this in total amazement. Of course he has always continued to amaze me all along the way. I know he has had only one treatment so far but he and I are so full of hope and pray that this works the magic. It is somehow different this time, if that makes any sense. We are watching his blood work and we will give him Neulasta if needed. He had a small discharge or plug when he blew his nose and although no fever or other symptoms occurred we did get him on an antibiotic before something worse came about. This is just the second time he has had an antibiotic on this journey. Brain MRI was this last Monday and I will update when we find out the results. Please pray for a healthy brain, I feel everything else will work out with time.

Personally, I have been predisposed cleaning out my Mother-in-Laws house. It seems that each time I feel like I am experiencing the worst thing in life, something else is harder in a different way. I had to empty 74 years of her belongings without getting emotionally involved. How I did this I do not know, but I did stumble across little gifts along the way that she meant for me to come by in order to help. One of the most special things she left for me was her prized Amaretto Cheesecake Recipe that rivaled any pastry chefs....Mine now, along with the new cheesecake pans she left. The most precious things I found was a piece of paper that I saved, it had all the information about the Tykerb she was secretly trying to get for him as I worked on the same project. There were many other objects and prizes she strategically left but that would take a special post.

I am going to the house to get the last of the items and I will begin to mourn properly after I can focus better. Even as an Angel now I am still finding out beautiful and priceless ways of this woman. The Celebration of Life really allowed us to keep up with the family, the entire side of her family showed up. It is just Ed now, his family name will die with him unless there is a secret relative we do not know about. We do have plans on a family tree that I can pass down through the ages. All the pictures had smiles on each face and we were so happy to get some closure.

I have been so busy lately and do not mean to be distant but I have had to limit my log in time to 10 minutes at a time. I am still looking for work and really cannot wait to get started with Rose. We have several cancer survivor benefits and cookouts planned. Some friends are taking us out on the boat for a day far away from land and we have a plane ride scheduled with Ed's best friend in his new plane. Next weekend Ed and I will be spending the day in Newport, RI enjoying the nautical ambiance and seafood restaurants. A place we love to spend our summer days and although we cannot do the Cliffwalk or nature walks of the past, we will certainly share the most special things we can with one another.....time, laughter and love.

I love you all and missed spending the time I am used to spending here. Things are more settled now but I still have a million things to do and one of them is to stay in my jammins (pajamas in my talk) for two straight days and relax. And my back and neck are out of play again, go figure!!>>Believe51

PS: Ed and I have never had so many plans scheduled before, it is both weird and comforting. I do not know what this means but I am going with it without reservations. If the big guy cannot make it then we will reschedule, but life cannot ever be on hold anymore. We are once again rebelling against cancer, we are claiming our normalcy!!
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
Lani

found an old article abstract on the fact that megestrol acetate, a progestin like

drug used in many types of cancer against weight loss can have anti-cancer effects of its own against breast cancer. It is from 1991 and we may know more now about which breast cancer subtypes it may be appropriate for ie, ER+ vs ER-. PR+ vs PR- and have an inkling as to which it may be more or less likely to be beneficial for, have potential for worsening

My father took it effectively after weight loss from radiation therapy five years ago This past year they offered him the choice of it or a derivative of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana. He opted for it again. He was looking for a drug just to help him stop losing weight, help him regain weight, and have few side effects. Decadron has wide-ranging other effects, many of which he may not desire (osteoporosis, stomach ulcers, cataracts (if he takes them long enough) and some cancers have corticosteroid receptors and grow in response to decadron, prednisome and other "corticosteroids" (similar drugs) from my reading. Since he doesn't know if his
tumor is one of those, perhaps you might ask his oncologist if there might be a more specific drug for weight gain. Again there may be reasons that megestrol would be less safe for him (haven't checked out the literature as to whether it is safer in ER+PR+. vs other hormonal subtypes) but perhaps it would be more specific and less likely to result in side effects in the long run. Worth asking?
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
Lani

here is the abstract

Journal Article

A phase I/II study of high-dose megestrol acetate in the treatment of metastatic breast cancer

Howard L. Parnes2 , Jeffrey S. Abrams2, N. Simon Tchekmedyian1, Nancy Tait2 and Joseph Aisner2

(1) 1040 Elm Avenue, Suite 300, Long Beach, California, USA
(2) University of Maryland Cancer Center, University of Maryland Hospital, 22 S. Greene Street, 21201 Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Summary A dose-response relationship has been suggested for medroxyprogesterone acetate in the treatment of advanced breast cancer. To determine the tolerability and efficacy of increasing doses of megestrol acetate in the treatment of metastatic breast cancer, we conducted a phase I/II study among 57 patients. Three patients each received 480,800, and 1280 mg/d; 48 patients received 1600 mg/d. Of the 57 patients, 56 patients had had disease progression on prior hormone therapy, chemotherapy, or both. Twenty-seven patients had previously received standard-dose MA (160 mg/d). Among the 37 patients with measurable disease, high-dose megestrol acetate (HDMA) produced 6 (16%) complete responses (CRs) and 6 (16%) partial responses (PRs); 11 patients achieved stable disease (SD). HDMA resulted in improvement or stabilization in 12 of the 20 patients with evaluable, non-measurable disease. There were no responses among the 6 patients with liver metastases. Among the 27 patients who were previously treated with standard-dose MA, including 9 patients with primary treatment failure, HDMA resulted in 1 CR, 3 PRs, and 10 SD. Toxicities, which were mild and reversible, included fluid retention, hypertension, hyperglycemia, and mild congestive heart failure. Two patients had superficial phlebitis. The most profound side effect was weight gain which occurred in 43 patients (75%). This study suggests a dose-response relationship for MA in the treatment of advanced breast cancer. A randomized trial to determine the optimal dose is ongoing.
Key words breast cancer - hormone therapy - megestrol acetate - progestin therapy
Old 06-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #4
WomanofSteel

Marie, I am happy to hear that Ed is doing well and eating. He must keep his strength up. It is great to hear that the two of you are getting some quality time together. It is those moments we share doing the things we enjoy that make it all worthwhile. I am sorry you have been left with the task of cleaning out you Mil's house. I know how hard that can be and it is a mixture of feelings. I am glad that you are nearing the end and will have time to go through the grieving process. Just remember that all those special moments are still in your heart and mind, and take comfort that she is at peace and painfree. I hope Ed makes out well with his seond treatment. God bless you both!
bcs 8/4/03
bcs 8/21/03 0/16 nodes
tx 4x ca 36 rad tam
postmenopausal 06 aromasin
sept 07 biopsy node in neck
muga/pet/cat/bone mets to lungs nodes and liver stage iv
tx hki-272
tx not working switched to taxol herceptin
Taxol not working switched to navelbine
navelbine is causing bad neuropathy
starting gemzar
gemzar quit on me now on Ixempra due to increasing number and size of liver mets
another progression starting tykerb/xeloda
WomanofSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
Bill

Thanks for the up-date, Marie. You've been on my mind alot lately. I read most of your post with a stupid little grin on my face. Such good news, and inspring. Hope you and Ed have wonderful times on your trips. Love, Bill
Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #6
michka

Will be with you in thoughts Marie for Ed's second treatment. Michka

12.2010 Mets to liver,Herceptin+Tykerb
03.2011 Liver resection ER+70% PR-
04.2011 Herceptin+Navelbine+750mg Tykerb
06.2011 Liver ned, Met to sternum. Added Zometa 09.2011 Cyberknife for sternum
11.2011 Pet clear. Stop Navelbine, continuing on Hercpetin+Tykerb+Aromasin
02.2012 Mets to lungs, nodes, liver
04.2012 TDM1, Ned in 07.2012
04.2015 Stop TDM1/Kadcyla, still Ned, liver problems
04.2016 Liver mets. Back on Kadcyla
08.2016 Kadcyla stopped working. mets to liver lungs bones
09.2016 Biopsy to liver. no more HER2, still ER+
09.2016 CMF Afinitor/Aromasin/ Xgeva.Met to eye muscle Cyberknife
01.2017 Gemzar/Carboplatin/ Ibrance/Faslodex then Taxotere
02.2017 30 micro mets to brain breathing getting worse and worse
04.2017 Liquid biopsy/CTC indicates HER2 again. Start Herceptin with Halaven
06.2017 all tumors shrunk 60% . more micro mets to brain (1mm mets) no symptoms
michka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
Shobha

You really lift my spirits high, Marie! I am filled with joy and hope reading about Ed and your fun filled schedule. May God bless you both with ever lasting happiness, peace and good health.

love,
shobha
BRCA 1 and 2 - Negative
Jan 2008 - Bilateral mastectomy, prophylactic Rt. side.
Radiation for 5 weeks
Completed my yr of herceptin on 07-14-2008
Brain MRI - 3/2/09 Clean
Shobha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
Colleen007

Marie,

I read your posts all the time (though I am a habitual "lurker") and had to tell you how uplifting it is to read about how well Ed is doing. And good for you to make so many plans...I hope you get to do everything that you want to do! I like to make plans as if I am going to be here to participate in those fun times.
ER-, PR-, HER2+
Taxol/Herceptin/Zometa started Dec-2005. 11 cycles of Taxol.
Sept-2006: PET/CT scan of mets to liver, spine and femurs - Stable. Activity in R breast & mediastinum (not seen in prior scans).
Navelbine (3 wks on/1 wk off) as of Oct--2006 & continued Herceptin (every 3 wks) & Zometa (every 6 wks)
Jan-2007: PET/CT Scan - Stable. Continued Nav. through March-2007, then Herc./Zom. only after that.
June-2007: PET/CT Scan - activity in mediastinum. Back on Navelbine as of July-2007.
Scanned Quarterly since Oct-2007 - a few small scares, but otherwise stable due to continuing weekly Navelbine, Herceptin and Quarterly Zometa.
Colleen007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
chrisy

Well Marie you know I'm not really all that competitive, but I'll take Bill's stupid little grin and raise him tears streaming down my face! Not just the direction of Ed's well being, but also the little treasures your MIL angel is still finding ways to share.

Love you and Ed both to pieces,
Chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #10
tricia keegan

Hi Marie, I haven't been around much lately due to family problems but just stopping by to send you hugs and hope all's well for Mighty oak
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #11
sassy

Marie,

Good, good, good----good vibrations! I've got it 'em for Ed's treatment. Enjoy all your plans!
Left mast .9cm tumor 5 of 14 nodes
Triple Positive
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol/Herceptin
33Rads
Strange infect mast site one year aft surg, hosp 1 wk
Herceptin for total of 18 months
Lupron Monthly 4 yrs
Neurontin for aches, pains and hot flashes(It works!)
Ovaries removed 11/09 stop Lupron and Neurontin
Arimidex 6 yrs (tried Femara, no SE improvement)
Tried Exemestane-hips got so bad could hardly walk
Back to Arimidex for year seven
Zometa 2X Annual for 7years, Lasix
Stop Arimidex 5/13
Stop Zometa 7/13-Bi-lateral Stress Fractures in Femurs from Zometa
5/14 Start Tamoxifen
3/15 Stem cell transplant to stimulate femur bone growth/healing
5/15 Complete fracture of right femur/Titanium rods both femurs
9/16 Start Evista stopTamoxifen
3/17 Stop Evista--unwelcome side effects!
NED and no meds.......
14YEARS NED!
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:27 AM   #12
Laurel

Lovely post as always Marie! So very happy to hear Mighty Oak is living. This was a wonderful way to begin my day! Thanks, and God Bless!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:55 AM   #13
Cannon

Thanks for the update, Marie, and your ever-present positivity! My heart is warmed hearing of all the plans you and Ed have, and how hopeful you both feel these days. Keep up the good work!

Rebecca
Taxol+Herceptin weekly x12, continuing with Herceptin, finished one year in 12/07
33 Rads
Femara for 5+ years, staying on (started with Arimidex, switched after about a month, much happier)
Abnormal brain MRI shows no cancer, but "extensive white matter diease" - unknown cause
BRCA negative - lots of cancer in my family
survivor of thyroid cancer
also have Crohn's disease
CT and bone scan say NED as of 5/13
dx with severe cardiomyopathy 5/12 (likely due to chemo and Herceptin), ejection fraction in low 20's, now up to 40, went to 50, latest read 12/13 is back down to 35
1/13 Acute pancreatitis - are you kidding me?
9/13 started Humira for Crohn's. starting to have some energy again
B12 and Vit D both needed supplementation
Cataracts in both eyes noted 6/12 - surgery in the next 2-4 years?
4/14 Kidney stones/blockage/infection - related to Crohn's Disease
5/14 My aunt passed away - she was diagnosed after I was with Stage I - not Her2+, then Stage 4 for about one year
6/14 Scans - still NED, thank God. However, broken rib (I didn't notice) lots of bone degeneration osteopenia/osteoporosis. I also still have cardiomyopathy secondary to chemo.
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #14
Lani

believe 51--thought this might be of interest --in addition check out my post in your

previous update thread on appetite stimulation

hope this helps!
Unfortunately doesn't comment what percent were her2+

Ixabepilone Plus Bevacizumab Demonstrates Encouraging Activity Relative to Paclitaxel Plus Bevacizumab for Metastatic Breast Cancer: Presented at ASCO
[Doctor's Guide]
ORLANDO, Fla — June 5, 2009 — Ixabepilone plus bevacizumab given as a weekly or every-3-week schedule demonstrates encouraging activity relative to weekly paclitaxel plus bevacizumab in patients with metastatic breast cancer, researchers stated here at the 45th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
The overall safety profiles of the 3 phase 2 trial arms were similar, as well, said Hope Rugo, MD, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, on May 31.
The trial's primary objective was to evaluate objective response rates of ixabepilone/bevacizumab given weekly or every 3 weeks relative to paclitaxel/bevacizumab as first-line therapy for women with advanced breast cancer.
A total of 122 women (~59 years) with measurable disease and no prior chemotherapy for advanced breast cancer (locally advanced or metastatic) were included in the study.
They were randomised 3:3:2 to ixabepilone 16 mg/m2 IV (days 1, 8, and 15 then every 28 days)/bevacizumab 10 mg/kg IV (every 2 weeks); ixabepilone 40 mg/m2 IV (every 3 weeks)/bevacizumab 15 mg/kg IV (every 3 weeks); or paclitaxel 90 mg/m2 IV/bevacizumab 10 mg/kg IV every 2 weeks. Treatment was continued until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Grade 3/4 neutropenia was reported in 11.1% of women in the weekly ixabepilone arm, 54.8% in the every-3-weekly ixabepilone arm, and in 21.9% of the paclitaxel-containing arm. Febrile neutropenia occurred rarely, at a 2.2% rate for the every-3-weekly ixabepilone/bevacizumab arm, and at 0.0% for the other 2 arms.
Overall response rates were 50% for weekly ixabepilone/bevacizumab, 71% for ixabepilone/bevacizumab every 3 weeks, and 56% for the paclitaxel/bevacizumab arm.
"Ixabepilone combined with bevacizumab as first-line therapy for patients with metastatic breast cancer given as a weekly or every-3-week schedule demonstrated encouraging activity relative to weekly paclitaxel and bevacizumab. Overall safety was similar between arms," Dr. Rugo concluded.

ASCO 2009: ABSTRACT #1029: Randomized phase II study of weekly versus every-3-week ixabepilone plus bevacizumab (ixa/bev) versus paclitaxel plus bev (pac/bev) as first-line therapy for metastatic breast cancer (MBC)
[American Society of Clinical Oncology]
Background: Pac/bev is superior to pac alone as first-line therapy for MBC. Ixa/bev has greater preclinical activity than pac/bev in human tumor models. The primary objective of this trial was to evaluate objective response rates (ORR) of ixa/bev given weekly or every 3 weeks relative to pac/bev as 1st line therapy for women with advanced breast cancer.
Methods: Women with measurable disease and no prior chemotherapy for advanced breast cancer (locally advanced or MBC) were randomized in a 3:3:2 ratio to Arm A (ixa 16 mg/m2 IV on days 1, 8 & 15 q28 days/ bev 10 mg/kg IV q 2 wks), Arm B (ixa 40 mg/m2 IV q3 wks / bev 15 mg/kg IV q 3 wks) or Arm C (pac 90 mg/m2 IV, schedule/bev as in Arm A). Treatment was continued until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Results: Key efficacy and safety results from a pre-planned analysis of all randomized subjects after at least 24 weeks of follow-up are presented. Baseline characteristics were balanced between arms except for liver metastasis.
Conclusions: The combination of ixa/bev weekly or q 3 wks demonstrated encouraging clinical activity and safety comparable to 1st line pac/bev in E2100. Final PFS will be provided when data is mature. These results support ongoing clinical trials of ixa given weekly or q 3wk in 1st line MBC, and in combination with bev.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #15
Joan M

Marie,

Ed is in my prayers. And it seems as if he's tolerating the treatment well.

Joan
Diagnosed stage 2b in July 2003 (2.3 cm, HER2+, ER-/PR-, 7+ nodes). Treated with mastectomy (with immediate DIEP flap reconstruction), AC + T/Herceptin (off label). Cancer advanced to lung in Jan. 2007 (1 cm nodule). Started Herceptin every 3 weeks. Lung wedge resection April 2007. Cancer recurred in lung April 2008. RFA of lung in August 2008. 2nd annual brain MRI in Oct. 2008 discovered 2.6 cm cystic tumor in left frontal lobe. Craniotomy Oct. 2008 (ER-/PR-/HER2-) followed by targeted radiation (IMRT). Coughing up blood Feb. 2009. Thoractomy July 2009 to cut out fungal ball of common soil fungus (aspergillus) that grew in the RFA cavity (most likely inhaled while gardening). No cancer, only fungus. Removal of tiny melanoma from upper left arm, plus sentinel lymph node biopsy in Feb. 2016. Guardant Health liquid biopsy in Feb. 2016 showed mutations in 4 subtypes of TP53. Repeat of Guardant Health biopsy in Jana. 2021 showed 3 TP53 mutations, BRCA1 mutation and CHEK2 mutation. Invitae genetic testing showed negative for all of these. Living with MBC since 2007. Stopped Herceptin Hylecta (injection) treatment in March 2020. Recent 2021 annual CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis and annual brain MRI showed NED. Praying for NED forever!!
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:08 AM   #16
schoolteacher

Marie,

Glad to hear from you. Let us know how the treatment went.

Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #17
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
Marie,

If he gains even near as much as I have on Decadron - weight gain will no longer be an issue - believe me. I am the total oppisite.

I always read your posts and keep an eye on how you are both doing. I will be watching as also have my second Ixempra treatment a week from this Thursday.

If I could perform magic I would pass on my weight to him gladly! But truly I just hope he continues to do well.

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #18
ElaineM

Wink ~Mighty Oak's 2nd Ixempra Tomorrow & Update On Us~

I am happy Ed is doing well and things are good at your house. Tell Ed to keep up the good work.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:37 AM   #19
rl2

is there medical marijuana in RI? I used it during chemo and it made me hungry (growling stomach and all - it really worked - plus it made watching old TV shows very funny, some much needed comic relief for half an hour)

This man is very lucky to have you taking care of him.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #20
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
rl2, thanks for the post. Yes, we do have medical marijuana here in Rhode Island and I have gone so far as to get things in order just in case. He was a health freak and workout king before cancer and I know he has issues with wanting to smoke. However, if decisions change in his eyes this girl can get what he needs in 20 minutes. I think this is an important thing to have in place if he needs it or even as a last ditch effort. Of course the Marinol did not help as much as we hoped for. But Yes Sweetness, I have tried to talk him towards this and am ready for any change in his thoughts, secretly wishing they will change. After all, he has lost a total of 75 pounds and has trouble gaining and maintaining weight. I appreciate your honesty, this weight problem has been a major concern since day one.>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote