HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-09-2005, 08:14 AM   #1
*_Bevie_*

Good Morning, I'm wondering how many Her2+ Node neg. have recurrence and what the time span was from diagnosis, how it was found and where it came back? Thank you for any input.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
Sheila

Bevie
I am Her2 +++, ER PR - , all nodes were neg when diag, 2/2002. Recurrence 9/2003 to nodes above collar bone, 2nd recurrence 11/2004, same area.
Hugs
Sheila
Old 02-09-2005, 11:02 AM   #3
Angela

I am Her2 +++ ER/PR neg. no nodes. Dx 5/2003. At present I am still NED. Remember, it may never come back...that is what I am praying for!

Angela
Old 02-09-2005, 12:13 PM   #4
Lisa

I am Her 2+++, diagnosed with Stage I bc in October 99. 20 lymph nodes, all negative. Recurrence to liver and bones initially in Sept. 2003. Remember , Her2 is only one factor in the pathology that can increase your odds of recurrence. My recurrence signs were a pain under my right shoulder blade in back (liver) and shortness of breath (tiny bit of lung fluid). But try not to worry. Once you've had cancer, even a hangnail can worry the beegeeus out of you!

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-09-2005, 03:01 PM   #5
susie

I am her2+ and er/pr+, 2 pos. nodes. I was well for 6 years just on my initial treatment and no hormones. It can really vary. There are other prognostic factors to consider.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #6
Christine

I was originally diagnosed in June 2000. 1 cm / lumpectomy /; no nodes.

I recurred 9 years later in June 1999. Mets to collar bone and brain.

NED since 2002

Christine
Old 02-09-2005, 11:10 PM   #7
Bevie

Thank you for your replies, I haven't been able to find much information on the web in regard to HER2+ node neg and time to recurrrence. I would like to think I am out of the woods, I beleive I am without recurrence it has been 4 yrs 3 months but not sure because I haven't had any scans in the past 18 months. I have been having lower back pain, and shoulder pain and I don't know if I should ask for a bone scan I'm thinking it might be the arimidex which I have been on for almost 3 years. I have had the lower back pain for a few years and the last bone scan they did a while back didn't show anything. Do you think I should ask for another bone scan or possibly a pet scan or wait to see if it continues to get worse?
Thank you again, this board is the best I don't post often but read the posts on a daily basis, I have to say you are all so warm, informative and brave.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #8
Peggy

From the beginning, my dx was HER2+, ER-, PR-. My surgeon did the sentinel node biopsy thing and removed 5-6 nodes; nothing found there. So, while the pathology looked bad, the lump removed was small and, it appeared, no nodes were involved.

I completed chemo (A/C) in August 2002 and 33 rads treatments October 2002. February 2003, routine chest xray picked up nodule in left lung. Had surgery to biopsy/remove and it proved to be metastasis. If you use the time from the end of chemo, it was 6 months to progression.

Thought I was a goner for sure - but here I am in February 2005 - NED. Not doing chemo, herceptin or anything else for that matter (my choice) . Just having lots of fun.

Peggy in Florida