HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
*_celina_*

Can someone help us? My sister has finished WBR for the second time and her mets have continued to spread. They are not doing anymore WBR and they have already ruled out any SRS.
We asked the doctor about Lapatinib and he didn't seem to know much about it...he had heard of it, of course, but didn't know if it is offered in Canada. Does anyone know if it is. I have a contact number that I will call tomorrow.
I'm so worried for my sister. I know she is trying to be brave, but the doctors are not optimistic.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
imported_Joe

Celina,

Lapatinib is in clinical trials for brain mets at Dana-Farber in Boston. You may want to contact Dr. Winer for details:

Lapatinib Trials - Brain Tumors

Regards
Joe
Old 06-14-2005, 12:37 AM   #3
StephN

Dear Celina -
Very sorry for this news about your sister. Yes, there is only a certain amount of radiation the brain can take.
You may be able to reach the maker of Laptinib and try for their compassionate use program. I think all drug companies have this offering.
Sending best thoughts for another solution. You are just absolutely the best sister a woman could have and you do not give up easily.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote