HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
*_Barbara_*

Hi:

I was wondering if any of you have experienced lung atelectasis and mucus plugging in the lung and sinuses with Herceptin. My latest chest CT scan shows that I have mucus plugging in the bronchus and lung and an increase in atelectasis in the lung since the last Chest CT in September. The radiologist does not believe there are any suspicious pulmonary nodules. My brain CT scan also shows considerable mucus in the sinus cavity. I have had allergy attacks after two Herceptin infusions that were infused in 30-35 minutes. Since then the infusion time has been increased to one hour and I have taken Zytrec the night before and have not had a problem. I also have the runny nose that so many of you have noted.

I am Stage IIB getting Herceptin off-label. I would apprectiate any input you might have.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:38 PM   #2
Rich

Hmmm. the mucus issue doesn't sound too good for those with lung disease.
Are you paying for the Herceptin?
Old 02-17-2005, 03:35 PM   #3
Sheila

Barbara
I have not had anything show up on CT but tiI do notice it seems harder to get over a cold since I have been on Herceptin...I also have the runny nose all the time..I am aware every time I bend over! Have they tried singulair?
hugs
Sheila
Old 02-18-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
Jan

I am IIA taking herceptin off label. Insurance pays. I have a runny nose constantly, sore mouth, and bad stomach. I think it is called mucositis - all the mucos membranes act weird.