HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #15
lu ann

Believe51

Your Husband is the one who has breast cancer. I forgot. When was he diagnosed? Does he have brain mets? How many txs. is he having? I had 15 mild to moderate txs., which is why I probaby don't have as severe side effects.

I am looking forward to gaining my strength back. It is so unsettling to be so weak that I feel like I'm walking on eggshells. Doc said I should peak this week and on to recovery. Can't wait.

I see my medical oncologist this Friday. She is prescribing tykerb and xeloda. I'm not sure when I will start, but both drugs are pills that I can take at home so that will make life easier.

I've spent the last 7 weeks having surgery to my lung, in emergency with double vision caused by the skull met pushing on my optic nerve, and rad. tx to my brain and spine. I'm ready for a break before the weather gets cold and dreary.

My husband is taking vacation the first week of Ausust so we can celebrate our 26th Wedding Anniversary. My mother in-law and my daughters had a 25th Celebration for us last year, which was wonderfull. I was doing well. I think I was on a chemo break then.

The Lord has really Blessed me in this life. I am having a decent quality of life even with the bumps in the road. I think I feel this way because I know this isn't all there is and that there is a brighter day in the future with no sadness or pain.

Take care of yourself. He needs you to be well just like I need my husband to be well. I've never been the caregiver, he has. I don't know what I would do without him. He is much like my father who took wonderful care of my mother.

Love and Blessings
Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote