HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #8
Gina

Natalie, please share your story with Elizabeth Edwards

Natalie,

I was greatly touched by your case study. So many times, I think we need to re-evaluate all our cancer models and realize that the tumors are merely the symptoms, or artifacts, if you will-- of a much more systemic all-encompassing underlying illness. Many studies have correlated elevated CA 15 and CA 27/29 levels with high blood circulating levels of serum her-2 --from your story, it sounds like your doctors were probably following the CA 27/29 markers and I agree that it was such a pity that no one even thought to run a quick serum her-2 blood sample on you.

Be that as it may, I would highly encourage you to share your whole story with Elizabeth Edwards who has a case similar to yours...at first thought to be triple negative...now, perhaps, slightly estrogen positive...the bone involvement also strikes a familiar chord.

Some of you will recall that there is data that shows even when a tumor appears to be her-2 negative, the serum her-2 marker will still be found to be elevated in the blood--this is rare, but it does happen and has been documented.

Would love to know what Natalie's serum her-2 number is even now. Any way you could find out??? Even if it were just slightly elevated, it would give you another clue.

Best of luck,
Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote