Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #11
Paula O

Re: For those interested: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

Promise #4: I will not falter, God is ALWAYS watching

(continuation of notes I took/my journalling while listening to the James MacDonald CDs “Always true” when I was going through chemo. The direct quotes are his, not mine.) Hope the truths are a blessing and encouragement to others here as they are to me.

Titus 1:1-2

1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness— 2 in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time

Isaiah 43:2

2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.

God’s hand is on the thermostat, His gauge is on the depth of water. I don’t know what I can handle but He does. His goal is to change and mature me and bring honor to Himself. I can take more than I think I can–He is the One providing me with the strength I need.

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No temptation (another word is “trial”) has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness. He will always make a way of escape at just the right time. He gives encouragement to persevere, gives wisdom to do His will, He can pull me out of the fire/out of the flood waters at just the right time.

God’s promises are activated by faith.

Wrong views of God watching:

1. Some think God is watching like a resentful parent. He is not.
Zeph 3: He rejoices over me with singing. He is “at the front of the balcony, cheering me on”

2. He is not “watching like a hawk”, swooping down on every vulnerability, waiting to pounce on every mistake

Psalm 103:14
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.

He knows the things that are hard for me. God wants me walking in victory and has all the resources for me to do that. There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus.

3. He is not like a crabby church lady sitting in the balcony, critical eye and wagging finger at kids she is watching below, cranky, never happy with anybody.

Psalm 40:2
He lifted me out of the pit of despair,out of the mud and the mire.He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.

The goodness of God leads me to repentance. He redeemed me, set me free. He can not love me more than He already does–I am loved with an everlasting, perfect love.

4. He is not a cantankerous boss: “Hey, get to work, time is money.”
God is the most loving, gracious, benevolent parent, interested in my well being

He sees it all.

Proverbs 15:3

3 The eyes of the LORD are everywhere,
keeping watch on the wicked and the good
Searching for people to bless. He is especially focused upon and attentive to His own.
2 Chronicles 16:9

9 For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
I am precious to God in ways totally disproportionate to the person I am. He knew me before foundations of the world (Ps 139)
---------------------------------
Lord, every good gift comes from You. These are some of my gifts from You from these pasages/study:
(From James 1:7)
God is watching me as a loving Daddy watching the apple of His eye–focused on me with eyes of compassion, plenteous in mercy, rejoicing over me with singing, gracious, tenderhearted and I have the joy and privilege of being His beloved daughter. Nothing I am going through escapes His attention. He knows everything about everything. Nothing is too hard for Him. He can do anything. He has promised me that he will work all things together for good in Romans 8:28.
Isaiah 43:2 Even though this passage has a different context , I can glean the heart of God toward me too. His eye is on the thermostat of this fiery trial. Even though it feels very hot at times, I am not going to get burned up. His eye is on the gauge of the depth of water in this flood. The water is not going to go over my head. I am not drowning even though it feels like waves are crashing over me at times. He will help me catch my breath, tread water, and float on my back and rest when the water is too deep to walk through. He will not give me more than I can bear. He will show me a way of escape when I am tempted to sin, when I feel like giving up, when things feel too hard. At some point God will say “That’s enough” and this trial will end–maybe on earth, maybe in Heaven. He can completely heal me in a snap anytime He wants to, however He wants to. He will provide every bit of the strength I need to persevere and walk in His victory while He wants me on this earth, then after that He is going to take me Home to Heaven in His perfect time. I already know the end of the story and my future is bright no matter what happens.
From Isaiah 43:4 : “You are precious in my eyes, honored, and I love you.” He feels like that about every one of His kids, me included. I am loved with an everlasting, perfect love and am so grateful to be His.
————-