HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Paula O

The National Breast Cancer Coalition: check 'em out if you haven't already

I copied and pasted this email below. Have all you guys checked out this wonderful organization? I went through their breast cancer advocate training "Project Lead" this summer. The NBCC is making a real difference. I understand that they were instrumental in the approval of Herceptin years ago.

Paula
---------------------------------------

"In 1987, the year my doctor told me I had breast cancer, nearly 120 American women died every day from the disease.

After billions of research dollars, millions of pink ribbons, thousands of walks and runs, and numerous attempts to create new drugs, in 2012, 110 American women will die from breast cancer today, and tomorrow, and every day thereafter.

The research and drug industries continue to make little meaningful progress in preventing, treating, or curing breast cancer. More than 40 years of incremental progress, with no significant advancement. With one exception: the National Breast Cancer Coalition.

Join NBCC now, during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and you will help support the rapid progress we are making toward our goal of ending the disease by 2020.

NBCC recently introduced our Blueprint for Breast Cancer Deadline 2020® to point the way forward to ending the disease within the next eight years. Join NBCC today and you will help put this plan into action using three strategies:
  • Collaborative research. Through our pilot Artemis Project, NBCC has created new collaborations to focus on meaningful questions, including a plan for a preventative vaccine for breast cancer. In the year ahead, we will focus on issues involved in metastasis in addition to primary prevention.
  • Global access. Breast cancer is a disease without borders or boundaries. NBCC is bringing together stakeholders from around the world to ensure that everyone, everywhere, with, or at risk of, breast cancer has access to information, quality care, clinical trials, and affordable lifesaving interventions.
  • Grassroots influence. NBCC is training thousands of people to become grassroots agents for change. Our advocates have been building bipartisan support for NBCC’s Accelerating the End of Breast Cancer Act and are reaching out to both the Obama and Romney campaigns to get them to commit to Breast Cancer Deadline 2020®.
With this new Blueprint, NBCC is providing a road map for how we can all work together to stop breast cancer forever. But all of this work begins with friends like you. Your commitment and generosity will help us demand real change to save women’s lives.

Please help us accelerate our progress toward a world without breast cancer by becoming a member of NBCC right now. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Fran Visco
President, NBCCP.S. In addition to joining NBCC now, I also encourage you to download a full copy of the Blueprint for Breast Cancer Deadline 2020® and learn more about how NBCC will put your membership support to work to end breast cancer forever.
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote