HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #41
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink DEAR ANDI from Andi (BB)

Andi honey, You know I am praying for you, from Boca Fl to IOWA. I too am glad you are not in pain, and I am doing my best to call a miracle to you. We all are. Your post is remarkable. Your courage and strength, your grace and loving Spirit are self-evident to us all. I stand with you in your fight to never give up but to be free of the awful side effects while doing so. A stoic decision, and beautiful message sharing your situation w/all of us. It will remain indelibly engraved in my heart and mind. You can be a miracle. I will never stop believing that. May all our prayers be heard in your name (which is mine), so I feel extra bonded with you, my Soul Sister, my fellow warrior. Please GOD send Andi in Iowa healing NOW!!!! I send you my love and continued prayers. Please stay in touch, Andi. We all want to hear from you. Big hugs, ANDI (BB)
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #42
Kim in CA

Dear Andi,

Just sending my prayers your way. I am truly humbled by your courageous spirtit and sharing with us such a difficult decision. My dear Mom has a favorite saying that she uses alot when things don't go like we wanted. It is simply, "We're not in control" . Despite our grandest efforts, we sometimes just have to give it up to God. I wil continue to pray for a miracle, and that you remain pain free.

I will pray for your sister and family too. I know it is hardest for those left behind... I have grieved more over the sudden and tragic deaths of my baby brother at age 2, and then years later my father at age 51, than I thought a person could grieve. None of us want our loved ones to feel that kind of pain. You seem to be at peace with your decision and I know that should be of some comfort to your loved ones.

Thank you for being so open with all of us,

Love Kim in Ca

5/1997 Hi Dose Chemo w/ Stem cell rescue. Spent 4 weeks in isolation ward. Then 6 weeks radiation.

9/2001 widespread mets to liver. 8 mos Taxotere/Herceptin brought me almost to NED. Stop Taxotere & add Femara .

11/2002 liver resection to remove spot that turned out to be necrosis. Officially NED!

7/2003 Tumor markers rising add Xeloda Disastrous reaction, 8 days hospital, but tumor markers came back to normal!

June -Dec 2004 UW Vaccine Trial.

7/2005 MRI single 11mm brain met
8/2005 Gamma Knife.

Brain MRI @3 months NED!

2006-2011 brain/body still NED

8/04/11 Taking Herceptin break, will monitor with tumor markers.

6/20/12 Tumor markers begin to rise. CA15-3 is 31.3 and Her2 Serum is at 17.1 Decide to repeat in one month.

7/23/12 CA15-3 now 49.3
Her2 Serum 26.8

8/6/12 Back on Herceptin
CA15-3 now 76
Her2 Serum now 49

11/7/12 Add weekly Taxotere for 4 cycles

2/2013 Stopped Taxotere added Perjeta. MRI shows approx. 50% reduction liver mets. CA15-3 still elevated @ 55. Will continue on just Herceptin & Perjeta.

November 2014 Continuing on Herceptin, Perjeta, and
Femara indefinitely. Guess I'm NED again, but watching those tumor markers carefully!

Dec. 2015 PET scan reveals mass in perirectal area of abdomen.biopsy confirms. Still Her2+, but no longer ER+. Bye bye Femara

Jan 2016 Begin Kadcyla

March 2016 PET scan shows tumor now barely visible, still NED everywhere else.
2016/2017 continue Kadcyla

November 2017 brain MRI reveals small focus of T2 hyperintensity with possible 4mm enhancing nodule. Short term follow up MRI suggested. Stay tuned...
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #43
vickie h

Dearest Andi, May God hold you gently in his arms and breathe the breath of life into your soul and spirit. There is alot of praying for you out here in California, we will all be together someday, through the next lovingly opened door. Miracles happen every second.......Love and wamr hugs to you and your family, Vickie

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #44
IRENE FROM TAMPA

Smile ANDI - I am so sorry

Words can not express what I am feeling right now for you, but I am so happy that you are at peace with this.

I see that you are a gardener - so am I. I love being outside - one with nature.
That is a time for me when I feel the closes to God and everything beautiful.

I will pray that something will come your way and you will have that miracle.
TREAT: STEM CELL REPLACEMENT/HERCEPTIN.
2002 - RECUR TO LIVER
TREAT: NAVELBINE, THEN GEMZAR, THEN XELODA.
2004 - TUMORS STILL IN LIVER
TREAT: RFA TO LIVER
STABLE UNTIL
2004 - TUMOR PROGRESSION IN LIVER.
TREAT: RESECT HALF OF LIVER.
2005 - RECURR TO LYMPH NODE OUTSIDE OF LIVER.
TREAT: TAXOL/CARPO/HERCEPTIN. FAILED ON
THIS TRIO. STARTED ON ABRAXANE.
2006 - PROGRESS WITH 2ND TUMOR GROWTH.
TREAT: AUG. BEGAN ON TYKERB/XELODA
TRIAL. CONSIDERED STABLE TO DATE.
2007 - TAKEN OFF OF TYKERB/XELODA TRIAL DUE TO
PROGRESS STARTING TYKERB/AVASTIN.
NOV 2007 - SCANS SHOW PROGRESS TUMOR GROWTH
IN ABDOM. AND TWO NEW TUMORS IN NECK AREA.
BEGAN HERCEPTIN/AVASTIN/TAXOTERE
Feb 08 - Ixempra/Xeloda
June 08 - Her/DM1 trial

"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY."
IRENE FROM TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #45
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink To Iowa Andi From Fl Andi

Andi, You are a hero in all our eyes. Your grace is something that should be reported on the news, it is that extraordinary. I read your last post and came across the beginning of one sentence that struck me hard. You wrote something like "I know the time I have left is short". Sweet Andi with the Spirit of a saint -- when you KNOW something, the outcome follows. It is a self-prophesizing act. Just giving you a heads up, since I am still praying for a miracle to go from the Heavens to you in Iowa and I want you to be receptive to it. I thank God you are feeling no pain, have peace and are no doubt surrounded by love (family and friends). In addition, you have the passionate prayers of all of us on this board. We are on the sidelines cheering you along, sending messages full of love and healing. Remember us, as we will never forget you and your sweetness in keeping us informed. We all care deeply. We all want to see you miraculously rally. Keep talking to your body loud and clear. Try KNOWING that many are working on sending you a miracle, to your door.

I just want to add a short story about my beloved friend Sue. She had a rare stomach ca, multiple mets, multiple surg, much chemo. She couldn't take it anymore. No chemo was working. Bld transfusns and much suffering. She was the dearest, kindest, wisest, strongest, bravest, most loving human being I've ever known. We would write love letters to ea other. She was more than sister, more than a mother to me. We adored ea other. I was heartbrkn when she decided to stop all treatment. You know me, I begged and pleaded, coached and prodded, but then backed away and respected her right to do w/her life as she chose. She kept on living for many yrs. She kept saying to me, Why am I still here? I want to go. There must be some reason why God is keeping me here. She'd moved frm Boca back to Conn. Her unmarried fifty yr old dghtr became nearly crippled w/Croyn's (?sp). Sue and her incredible, devoted husb Al tk care of Jen for well over a yr, got her back to health. They grew even closer, as Sue would sit by Jen's bedside and they would chat. Still more yrs Sue stayed w/us. Wanting to go but somehow KNOWING she was meant to stay for a while longer. She would be needed. When I got the call that she had passed on I was prepared but crumbled. I KNEW her Spirit still was, had passed on to the Spiritual Realm, and she no longer would have to fight and suffer, but I longed for comfort of her loving words. The point I want to make is, you never KNOW you have only a short time.

Richard Bloch of H&R Bloch was dx w/4th stage terminal lung ca. Given 3 mnths to live tops. Put yr affairs in order. Other oncs concurred. He decided to live anyway. He fnd an onc who put him on very aggressive chemo and he lived for over 20 yrs. He has written a bk about his exper promoting THE WILL to live and the power of your thoughts, meditation to calm and soothe and connect, the love of his wife and his inner KNOWING that he would prove those docs wrong.

Trying my best to give you positive ideas to ponder and maybe even adopt. Be alert to what you KNOW. Use it to your advantage. Stay open to the answer to all our prayers for you and a remarkable miracle to call your own. (Then you can write your own bk)! With much love, ANDI (from Boca)
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #46
Belinda

Andi I am so sorry to hear the turn your health and your prognosis is taking. With everyone else here I will keep you close in my thoughts and send healing vibes your way. I hope you can keep your spirits high. This disease is not fair.

Hugs and warmest wishes - Belindaxxx
  • Diagnosed 3 Jan 2007, Stage IIb, Mastectomy and axillary clearance 10 Jan 07, 6 of 19 nodes affected, multi-focal cancer, HER2 positive. Second mastectomy (prophylactic). Chemo - AC 3 months, Taxol 3 months - then radiation 5 weeks.
  • Aug 2011 - Diagnosed with Stage IV mets to lung, sternum and 12 or so thoracic nodes - Rads to Sternum, then weekly abraxane and herceptin for 12 weeks.
  • May 2012- good scans - all nodes still about normal size, hole in sternum repairing, lung tumour 'obliterated'.
    Ongoing herceptin every 3 weeks. Bloods still all good! Life good!
  • March 2013 - recurrence - tumours in lungs and mediastinum (coughing up blood) - immediate radiation treatment to right lung and mediastinum, still on Herceptin, and 3 months of Vinoralbine - stable for a little while!
  • Coughing and breathlessness started again September 2013, treated as radiation-induced fibrosis (which can be seen on scans - albeit stable). ie puffers, steroids
  • January 2014 - cough becomes bloody again, scans show big mediastinal tumour wrapped around and choking the life out of my right main bronchus, radiation deemed off limits as my lungs are hypersensitive to radiation (measured by existing damage from 2013) .....................- ie I am in the 5% of people likely to suffer severe radiation damage to the lungs that they warn you about before starting treatment! (so special! :) )
  • Started chemo Feb 2014 - continuing Herceptin (continuous since Aug 2011), with Carboplatin and Gemcitabine. Discontinued Gemcitabine because of se's. Starting cycle 5 Herc/Carbo 5 May 2014.
  • Meantime.....coughing and breathlessness increased to SCARY levels with racing heartbeat that won't slow down, breath that won't come back, even just walking to the bathroom or up 3 or 4 steps.
  • ICU from May 5 2014, collapsed right lung due to tumour, small pulmonary embolism (left), tumours growing in mediastinum left and right, dvt lower right leg
  • Plan seems to be bronchoscope next week to see if tumour can be lasered and stent inserted in right bronchus to reopen air access to lower parts of right lung. If that is successful might be able to have brachytherapy to worst tumour, otherwise no more options for external radiotherapy.
Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #47
Catherine

Andi,

I am praying for you as I type. This site is so wonderful to all of us. Thank you for being so brave and sharing the good and the not so good with us. Big hugs to you and your family. I too am praying for a miracle and praying for peace in many ways.

Love to you and your family, Catherine

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #48
lexigirl

Andi,

Just wanting to let you know that you are in my prayers.

Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:54 PM   #49
Emmay

Dear Andi,
Your strong and graceful spirit lights up and reaches so many people through this board, and we are all sending positive prayers to you, from so many directions... this one from Boston. God Bless You and more power to you.
Emmay
Emmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:54 AM   #50
newgg

It takes courage....raw courage to make such decisions. May prayers and for you and your family as you continue this journey. Just know that you can feel all the love coming your way. Some one asked about hospice and if you have contacted them. You will be amazed at all they can do for you and your loved ones. We all share so much to help each other...come back when ever you wish to feel the Warrior Woman power we are sending your way. Yes, it is in HIS hands and control it there. BUT still praying that a new chemical is right around the corner just for you.
Big Warm HUGS, Bonnie
newgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:37 AM   #51
Vanessa

My heart is breaking to hear of your news. I will continue to pray for a miracle. You are truly an amazing women. I will also be praying for your family and your sister-in-law.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #52
pattyz

oh Andi...

A very hard decision to make. I know there are other chemos and combos out there for you, but the question as to quality of life and potential for success are foremost.

My sincerest hope: that whatever your remaining time is, you are surrounded by loving support and find much joy in the moments of each day.

With love and warmest hugs,
pattyz
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #53
R.B.

Andi

How bravely and with what dignity you are plotting your path.

I have thought quite hard as to whether to repost these links here, and decided I would regret it if I did not in case you were not aware of them.

Thank you for sharing with us. It says a great deal about your views on Joe's board and the community that uses it.

I hope you find the light whatever your path.

RB

Re n3 Lipid infusions. QOL, cachexia, etc

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...ught+provoking
http://www.jimmunol.org/cgi/content/full/171/9/4837
http://www.joplink.net/prev/200603/200603_17.pdf
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:44 PM   #54
mamacze

Dear Angel,
This is such a difficult time for you...How can it be that you were diagnosed in '05 and already you have run out of treatment options? Is it not enough that you are facing your own mortality head on; but that your sister, too, is struggling with similar thorns?
This crossroad for you must be excrutiating; it came on too fast...your were caught up in the throws of battle and it seems as if you ran out of ammunition...too soon! Instead of resting in the hopes and dreams that you had for your future with your children and grandchildren, you are forced to deal with a struggling and weakened body and the grief of friends and family that surround you. How are you maintaining, Andi? Is the added oxygen enough for you? Are you able to control the incessant coughing? Can you control it long enough to communicate?
Dear God, please hold Andi in the palm of your hand...comfort her, keep her pain free and fill her with peace. Stay close to her children and grandchildren; fill them with peace and help them to stay strong and loving for their mama.
Thank you Andi, for giving us the privilige of knowing you just a bit, and learning from your loving words. Stay with us if you can.
Love Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:10 AM   #55
SoCalGal

Andi,
I remember when I read your message to me on Joy's thread, and wrote back asking what treatment you were on - I thought you had just not yet updated your current regime. I feel clumsy for asking, and of course, I did not realize that you stopped treatment. I respect and support your decision.

I am crying as I type this - I don't know you but you are me, and we are every woman with cancer. Although you said you were at peace, I can only imagine the sadness you are feeling. Life is so brief and in the end, it all boils down to love. The fact that you mention your family and ask for prayers for them says that you are surrounded by love. I will specifically pray for your family and also for you, to be able to remain present in each day - whatever it brings to you.
I wish you peace, strength and blessings. ~Flori
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #56
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink Andi

KIM and FLORI have summed up what I am carrying w/me since the day we learned of your situation. All Kim's questions plague me. Her consternation clutch at me. But mostly her stated prayer for you and your family are filled w/the precise words that fill my heart and mind. Yes, I pray for a mirace to be sent to you in Iowa, not to confuse the Universe, for right now YOU are the Andi we all pray to help. I make my prayer clear and passionately several times a day.

I am hoping too of course that the oxygen is doing more than sustain you. I hope you can go to R.B.'s post. I checked out the site's he offers as -- something to hold on to and to seriously consider trying. I know you must be weak and not want to budge -- but as R.B. said it was a carefully considered choice to offer these old posts to you at this time. How could we live with ourselves if we each didn't offer all we possibly could to help you create a miracle, to assist you in becoming a miracle -- for all of us to behold, along with beloved family. Our prayers are for you and for them. And, admittedly, we each would be buoyed by witnessing a miracle. The loving energy of every one of us is out in the ethers and pointed at YOU. May you feel all that love, and may you find an answer even the brightest of doctors hasn't thought of. It wouldn't be the first time I heard of such a thing.

Parents of a young child who was dying of a rare illness went from doctor to test to doctor to test. Then they googled and googled and found a little know answer that turned out to save their child's life!

Please click on R.B.'s sites and then GOOGLE away -- you, or your family. For me, my Paul did all the goggling, as I focused all my energy on absorbing all the love and prayers that went sent to me and in my name. I concentrated on healing and informing my body it better get going, in no uncertain terms. I feel sure you are doing the same. Check out R.B.'s sites listed in the above post and let your family google and get you back on track. Please God -- stay w/ANDI in Iowa! Guide her Spirit. Carry our love and prayers to her. We have all come to know this woman of grace and courage and we are all touched profoundly by her struggle. As someone above this post said, ANDI -- YOU ARE ME AND WE ARE EVERY WOMAN WITH CANCER. We stand by your side, even from thousands of miles away. With my love and prayers, ANDI (BB)

Old 06-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #57
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Hey Andi

Thinking of you and sending our loving prayers!!>>Waiting For A Miracle>>Believe51..(Marie G)
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #58
Andi

RB - are there any supplements that would provide the right amount of omega 3's? I don't each a lot and not everything sounds good to me. I you could condense your links for me and make some suggestions in lay terms, I would appreciate it as my concentration is shortened because I tire so easily.

Andrea - nice picture.
Diagnosed 6/30/05
Lumpectomy 7/13/05
Dose Dense A/C x 4
Weekly Taxol + Herceptin x 12
Remainder of year Herceptin Every 3 weeks (completes 9/13/06)
Radiation completed 2/28/06
Currently on Tamoxifen
Dec 06 - Pleural effusion treated with pleurodesis
Now er/pr-, her2++
1/07 started weekly Navelbine plus Herceptin
Discontinued Tamoxifen
4/27/07 CTshowed progression
5/01/07 Began Tykerb/Xeloda + Zometa
5/22/07 Stopped treatment due to great progression
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #59
SoCalGal

Pro Omega source

Hi Andi,

I take Pro Omega - high concentration, Pharmaceutical grade, molecularly distilled omega 3 fish oil.

I take (2) per day among a bunch of other pills - have been on a dairy free, gluten free diet and also on many supplements and acupuncture program for about 4 weeks under an MD at UCLA.

Most of my pills are from Douglas Laboratories. www.douglaslabs.com

The Pro Omega happens to be from Nordic Naturals. www.nordicnaturals.com

I buy it all at the Campus Pharmacy - I don't see the exact bottle I buy on their website. The stuff is pricey - $59.95 for a bottle of 120. Worth mentioning is that I have a horrible stomach and NONE of these bother me - a miracle in itself. Infact, my gastro probs are all but gone since beginning this regime. (Not counting the side effects of ty/xe which is improved).

If you need me to send you anything just say the word. Good to see you posting. With prayers and some of my strength your way, Flori
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
9/09 MARKERS normal!
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:36 PM   #60
SoCalGal

Ps

PS ANDI

I tried to email you with my phone number - the mail was bounced back. If you need me to buy you anything and overnight it - send me an email: flori@adelphia.net
and I will reply with my phone number and do whatever you need.

9/09 MARKERS normal!
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
Markers drop post rads.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC