HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2007, 09:21 PM   #41
Esther

No simian line here either.....thanks for the link, as I didn't know what a simian line was.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #42
Soccermom

me neither..
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:24 PM   #43
sassy

Hey Gina!

I appear to be a very "positive" person--pun intended.

I am ER and PR postive, blood type B+. No Rh negative factor.

There is no Asian link in my lineage. I am not aware of others in my family with Simian line, but I will check as I can. Neither of my children have one.

I have not dealt with any other life threatening illnesses, but have become known to all my docs as a weird case. I react to lots of meds strangely, had a weird staph infection no one could figure out, etc.

Keep us thinking!
________
Buy glass bongs

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 09:22 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #44
Patricia

Hi Gina,

To your question: 'And Patricia, I would also be interested to know your hormonal signature and something about the general health of your husband with the two simian lines, like Tony Blairs. Also, is your husband RH negative?'

I was mildly ER+/PR+. My husband has high cholesterol with a family history of it as well as heart disease. He has also has had a recurring ulcer and has cataracs. Other that those things he is very healthy, active and looks and acts much younger than his age (he is 53). He does not know if he is RH neg. As far as ancestry, he is originally from Nicaragua with his mothers side originating from Germany many many generations ago. No asian descent in the family that we know of.

Good luck with your research. It is an interesting topic indeed...keep us posted.

Hugs,
Patricia
9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #45
Roz

Yes, I have a simian line on my left hand. (I am left handed!!)
diagnosed June 03. Rt sided Inflammatory BC in rt lower quadrant. 7cm tumour. Also 3 DCIS. 3 rounds of EC, mastectomy with axillary clearance (12 nodes+ of 19). 1 more EC. 5 weeks of rads, with weekly booster to attack skin lymph involvement. 4 cycles of Taxol. Tamoxifen.Recurrence December 04, Herceptin started early Jan05,+ Arimidex.
NED 26 mths. Recurrence early Mar07. Taxol added to Herceptin. NED. Will have total of 6 cycles, then Aromisan and Herceptin. Early Oct 07, recurrence to the pesky right upper lobe, with some pleural thickening upper rt hemithorax. T/X now the treatment. May 2008, Taxatere and Herceptin for lung recurrence
Roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #46
Donna

Answer from Donna

Hi Gina,

in answer to your question:

I guess my big question now would be to Donna and Sassy. Are you both hormonal negative that is ER- and PR- as I am or do you have some hormonal element to your illness? By any chance do you have RH negative blood types...I am RH negative type A.

I am ER + 80%, PR+ 10% - I am pretty sure I am blood type O and not RH negative. My lineage comes mostly from Germany with some English, Scot and maybe American Indian thrown in. I was told there was "gypsy" blood in the German side as relatives were known to read palms and do psychic sorts of things. I inherited a crystal ball from one of them.

This is a fascinating thread - I had always thought that with the head and heart line as one my decision process is always a combination of the two - emotion as much as logic. But probably everyone feels that way about themselves. I love that Tony Blair has the lines, I think he's brilliant - except for that part where he fell for Bush's rhetoric.

Best to You - and let me know if there are more results and information on this to be had!

Donna
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #47
Sherryg683

No here, what does it mean if you do have one..just wondering?..sherry

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM   #48
sassy

Gina and Donna,

I was interested to see that Donna had Scot and American Indian ancestry, as I too have Scot and a strong element of American Indian. Could there be a connection?
________
Laguna Bay Condo Pattaya

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 09:23 AM..
Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 PM   #49
Kavy

No Simian line here.

KarlaV.
Kavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #50
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink A Medicine Woman In A Previous Life

In the spirit of this thread, FUN, and sharing interesting ideas -- I think I was an American Indian Medicine Woman in a previous life. A Shaman.

A psychic who draws as she converses with you was surprised to see she'd drawn a teepee, plain as day. She'd never done that before.

She was a bc Survivor. When she saw my daughter she commented that she sensed my daughter was concerned about her mother. That she shouldn't worry because she sees me far into the future. That she should ask me to come and see her and she wouldn't charge. I did go. And she wouldn't accept any $. She saw the Spirit of my great Aunt Molly all around me, protecting me. I walked in the door and she asked WHO'S MOLLY? Now where'd she come up with that? It was a very interesting experience. And that was about 2000.

I was lost getting to the psychic. Which is common when you're geographically challenged as I am. Finally, going round and round in circles and getting to be late, I stopped resisting and struggling and calmly led my Guides tell me which way to go. In minutes I was there...
ANDI
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #51
Adriana Mangus

Simian line

Not me. Just regular lines....:-)
2003- Recur to rt lung.July 16 ( B-Day!)
Her2+++ Er,Pr, Negative
2003 - Aug04--Navelbine + Herceptin
2004- 2007--
NED - Herceptin, only
2007 Feb-April Xeloda added to hereceptin
2007-May Back on Navelbine+Herceptin
2008-Feb-Mar 15 Ses Rad to Rt. Lung
2008- Oc 17 Add Tykerb to Herceptin
2009- June-- Discont Tykerb
2009 July 7--Current Taxol + Herceptin
2009 Dec--Discontinued treatment due to progression. Looking into cyberknife.
2010-Aug Accepted to TDM1, no SE, except liver count went up.
2010-2011 September got kicked out of the trial, due to a small spot found on lung.
2011- 2012 September thru early 2013 on Herceptin
2013- March Bone density shows small spot on 5th rib.
2013 - April 4th appt with onc. will post after discussing course of treatment.
2013-March-April Cyber knife to brain and radiation to rib. Chest --base line before chemo-CT-Scan stable for lung issue. CA2729 Normal.
2013 April Herceptin- TDMI
2013 Sept Herceptin + Perjeta . CA2729 within normal range. Brain and Pet scans October 31st. will post results.
2013 October Brain MRI- mixed response. Will see Onc/rad on Halloween.
2013 October/November Brain-MRI nothing new. Repeat MRI next year in May.

2013 December Continue Herceptin and Perjeta. Stable at the moment.
2014 February Brain MRI -clear!
2014 January Added Taxotere to Perjeta+Herceptin.
2014 March Stopped chemo-chest ct-scan next.

2014- March Scans shows tumor's larger, CA2729 higher. Discontinue Herceptin.
2014 April Perjeta+ Halaven
2014 April CA2729 went down 60 points after one cycle. Cough does not want to go away.
2014 June Continue on Perjeta + Halaven-- no more cough. Stable
2014 June Back on Herceptin + abraxane
Adriana Mangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #52
Gina

Smile...this really is a fun thread..

Hi, Roz...thanks for joining this thread. Are there many Aussies with a Simian line??? Would make sense as you guys are certainly more EASTERN, but I suspect it was passed via middle Europe, to the UK and then down under, but who knows???

Patricia...you, by any chance, are not the same gal who had 3 positive blooded children and then a negative RH 4th child by chance are you and then got the her-2?? If so, and if this current husband is not the father of the first three, chances are he is RH negative...but I am probably confusing you with someone else...sometimes it is hard for me to remember posts that we did back in 2005...sighhh...yes, I am getting old...LOL :-)

Also for Patricia, do either of your husband's parents carry one or two lines and do any of your children with this husband carry either of the lines...in general, though, the line is usually passed down from the mother. Once you know to start looking for the simian line...it can be real fun when you find one...trust me...they are rarer than you think...smile.

That is why I would be interested to hear more from Roz and Donna and Sassy. As women, they could have passed the line on to their children, but most likely only to daughters...if they had sons, it might not have passed unless it was dominate...I don't know how it works yet, but I am studying it...

I also did not have SERIOUS health problems until her-2 when I was 33--although I have VERY weird side-effects to every drug, including herceptin...when I first started taking it, I broke out ALL over my face, upper shoulders and neck with horrible ACNE...my onc SWORE it had nothing to do with herceptin, but since I was always MISS NATURAL GIRL...I knew the ONLY different thing I was taking was herceptin...sure enough, one blessed Onc nurse looked it up...in the literature, it is a known side effect...less than 2 percent get it but it was already noted... Sassy, I also have difficulty with infections -- bacterial...not viral. Viruses seem to bouce off of me like soccer balls off my son's head...smile.

I also have Native american and some Scottish but a LOT of German and Hungarian...remember...Germany, especially what we used to call EASTERN Germany, is practically central Europe and my whole point was this genetic link traces back to central europe in recent centuraries but may have been SEEDED 1,000's of years ago from the far east...that was my only point about the Asian stuff.

Also, Sassy, you are the closes person in the group geographically located near me...any of your relatives named Hawley; Taylor; Reedy; Ide; or Bird/Byrd??? These are recent family names on my mom's and dad's side. We are all from the Pulaski/Bluefield Virginia and Bluefield, WV area, although I persoanally was born in Welch, WV...fyi...smile.

Take care all,

Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #53
rinaina

according to the pictures, i think i do have a simian line on one hand, my right hand.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #54
sassy

Gina,

I am a transplant, originally from East Tennesse (not that far away). My maiden name was Hall and there are a lot of Hall's in this area. One of my co-workers was a Reedy; her mother a Hall. All stem from three bothers who came to this country from Scotland. She has done a lot of research on the Reedy line and I would be happy to check names with her if you would like to PM or e-mail me.

I just finished reading the book "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls. Interesting read. Her father's family was from Welch--coal miners.
________
BlueSEXyCat

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 09:23 AM..
Old 08-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #55
Mgarr

Gina,

I am not clear I have 2 straight lines. From the site Rhonda recommended it indicates I could have a high or low simian line. For the record I was diagnoses ER-PR- her2+++ and I am RH-.

Mary

Diagnosed 11/04 @39yrs. young
Stage IIB
2.5 cm, ER/PR- Her+++, grade 3
Partial Mast., 1/3 pos. node
1/05 full node dissection
4 A/C 4 Taxol DD, Herceptin 1 yr.
30X rads.
BRCA Negative
NED

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all -Emily Dickinson

Mgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #56
StephN

Hi -
I posted earlier that I do NOT have a simian line - but my HUBBY does. On his right hand.
He was looking at me a little askance, as he never thought much of it.

He has a strong Russian component in his genes, and they have a saying "scratch a Russian and you will find a little Tatar blood." Those Khans and hordes went all over in their conquests.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:25 AM   #57
Gina

Smile More on Simian Line and Left handedness in breast cancer

Thanks, Mary, for sharing your line...smile...trust me, you are in good company and special thanks to Steph for doing investigative research and finding her hubby, like Patricia's has the straight line. Steph, if you or your hubby have kids, do they have the line?? I really don't know what it all means, but you have to admit it is fun to think about and takes our mind off less fun things... Sorry to read on the board tonight so many rough going side effects with some of the treatments...TCH, etc.

Special note to Sassy: Yes, my own family research confirms the 3 Reedy brothers came from Scotland and I was so happy thinking I had solved part of my geneology problem...until I learned that my maternal grandfather, who carried the Reedy name, did so via adoption. He was actually a Spencer by birth, whose father probably came from England and not Scotland as we once thought. Also, I went to Graham High school with the famous Eddie and Edith Hall twins...any relation to you??? We really do need to get together the next time I head down to Bluefield.

Anyhow, I was going over some of my other research and came across an article that does indicate left - handedness is more common in breast cancer patients (all types, not broken out by her-2) and I am pretty sure back in 2005 some of us discussed this and I had mentioned that I was left-handed from early childhood, but forced to switch in kindergarten although, if push comes to shove, I can still write passably well with left hand and tend to eat as the French do, with the left hand engaged.

So to Steph, I just also wanted to say that I think there could be some slight correlation between hormores in the womb environment and breast cancer. Also, recently, I saw an article that mentioned that even when all other genetic/social/economic factors are considered...there still seems to be a closer link to a woman's or a man's breast cancer via her or his mother's line and not the fathers...hmmmm.

Also, love the point about the Scotish/European/Native American connections...fascinating...

Love comments from any of you...keep them coming...
Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:36 AM   #58
RhondaH

Smile Gina...

how interesting, I never gave much thought to it and while I knew I am part Clucas, I just found out that our family ACTUALLY came from the parish of Douglas on the Isle of Man (so I'm part Manx)...neato. Take care and BIG huggs.

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:35 AM   #59
Kimberly Lewis

just a boring old palm here -

Diagnosed 7/05
Stage 3a er+(45%) pr+(68%) Her2+ (40%)
3.8 cm + .8cm multi focal - pleomorphic lobular tumors
high grade DCIS
7/20 nodes

BRCA 2
positive as of 5/07
surgeries: double mastectomy, hysterectomy (LAVH)
A/C,Herceptin for 1 year completed 11/06
femara

Kimberly Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:53 PM   #60
sassy

But a talented potter's palm Kim!
________
Live sex webshows

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 09:25 AM..