HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Chelee

Unhappy Finally, mammo results...I'm worried!

They FINALLY mailed me my mammo results. Why they couldn't tell me on the phone last week is uncalled for in my opinion. How nice to get the letter on the weekend when I CAN'T call anyone about it. But the letter says, "The above breast examination showed an area that we believe is benign (not cancer.) However, you should have a follow-up mammogram of that left breast in 6 months, to confirm that this area has not changed.

I CAN'T imagine WAITING SIX months to have it re-checked. No way! With the type of bc I was DX with last year...they really expect me to wait that long? Alot could change in SIX months. I think that is asking too much of me. I would think they could at least check it out with ultrasound & MRI.

I plan to PUSH for a MRI asap. I know there is no way I could WAIT that long to have another mammo. This letter doesn't tell me how big this thing is on the mammo...nothing. I have been having a slight annoying pain in that left breast...thats why I was getting upset with them making me WAIT for the results. This is a new pain...the exact same kind I had in my right breast when I was DX last year. So how can they expect me to wait that long when I am a stage III'er, her2/neu 3+++, positive nodes.

My hands are literally shaking right now...I am so nervous. Would you guys WAIT SIX months...or request a ultrasound and MRI right away? (Which I PLAN to do the minute I get to the center this Tues. for my herceptin.)

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote