HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
Pray

Re: TMD1 is coming!

Nancy, I'm so sorry you were denied! Gods blessings to you. I will keep you in my prayers.
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #22
Nancy L

Phil,

I asked the trial coordinator and onc if they would help me make a case for expanded access. They said once the rules are announced, they will let me know if they think I could qualify but they didn't sound encouraging. I'll keep you all posted if I learn anything useful about how expanded access will work this time around.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #23
KsGal

Im so sorry Nancy. ((hugs)) I know we are all excited about the possibility of TDM1 being approved on a fast track. I still worry. I was excited about Pertuzimab as well, and then when it was approved, its not for people who are stage IV like me. Im really happy for those who are able to receive it, but Im a bit selfish and I would like to share in all these cutting edge drugs for myself as well. Here's to hoping we will all be TDM1 eligible when it is approved.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #24
Ellie F

Sorry to hear this news. Hope and pray itwillbe available for all soon
Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #25
phil

Nancy, while they "debate " possible exp access exclusions , what about applying for comp. use ? you can tell how ticked off , to put it mildly, that we are w/ all the bureaucracies stumbling , bumbling over such a miraculous drug ! One of our activism " planks " will be Flexible Treatment for Late Stage IV Pts , shorter washouts, keeping folks in trials even w/ " mixed response ", and for the pharma co's : If you think your drug is good enough to be considered for acc. approval, its good enough for comp use to late stage iv pts. If FDA rejects acc. appr., you finish the phase III trials that they want. Hopefully in the future we will have a 21st century FDA that can help get trials in that category to be reviewed more quickly, not 2 + yrs like This FDA with T DM-1.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #26
Nancy L

Phil, I had radiation to reduce the pain caused by the tumor pressing on the bronchial plexus. They told me the radiation would not eliminate the tumor. The problem is the way they write the inclusion criteria. You must have regressed on your most recent protocol, which for me they say is radiation, not tykerb. The trial coordinator for Th3resa said the tumor would have to start growing again to qualify for expanded access. But my husband is going to call either Genentech or Stockton tomorrow morning and plead my case.

I am curious---if the FDA is going to fast track and approve this year, why would Genentech set up EAP for just a couple of months???? I could understand doing so if it was available at all trial sites. But having only three makes access very difficult for most women. I didn't realize how screwed up the FDA is untill I got involved trying to participate in a clinical trial.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #27
hutchibk

That's a question for them when your husband calls, for your clin trial coordinator, or for Sonali at Genentech.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #28
phil

This Adminisration has un-leashed some FDA bureaucrats, who are hell -bent on "dotting every ' bureaucratic ' i ", punishing co's for some not finishing trials after acc. appr was granted yrs ago. So they revoke avastin, reject acc apr for tdm-1, partial apr for pert. FDA Press releases on Friday nights to avoid publicity. Bureucrats who were angry that gen. appealed revocation of avastin. Bureucrats who dozed off during avastin super -repsonders testimony. Note that all are Genentech drugs. So the co. is under the gun with This FDA. Who knows when t dm-1 aaproval comes ? and whether there will be conditions. could be Nov., dec. ? march ? gen has done the trials, so exp access gets it to some pts, is agood pr move. remember thye pay for the drug in access. I havent called Gen., to ask how many exp. access sites are open ?
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #29
hutchibk

I would call Genentech/Roche, they will know locations. Yes this FDA has "it out" for the pharma company... you know how I feel about this FDA. Possibly TDM1 approval mid-Feb. Just one girl's opinion.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote