HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-12-2006, 08:32 AM   #1
marymary

Good Bone Scan

Yesterday I received the report from the whole body scan. My doctor says it is good.

Of course there is the usual disclaimer "metastatic disease cannot be excluded and correlation with radiograph is recommended". I have not heard of radiograph before. I already knew I had degenerative joint disease.

Now one more hurdle between me and the vaccine trial, a PET/CT scheduled for the crack of dawn tomorrow morning. I am so afraid, due to the pain I've been having. There is just no way to know so I will try and distract myself today, possibly with some "chick lit" (novel of dubious value) or some good old fashioned house work; if my aching back will only cooperate.

I know back pain can signal mets to the liver; why does my mind keep going there? My brain is like an out of control roller coaster. It just can't be stopped. There is no joy like getting a good report, though, when the ride finally ends. I've been at it since 2002 and I should be an old hand at this but every time it's the same anxiety and fear. I suppose this is a little different because entrance into a clinical trial is hanging on good test results.

Mary
marymary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Bev

Good luck with that scan. Let us know how it turns out. Worrying about everything comes with the territory. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote