HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
eric

Starting a new clinical trial

Hi All,

Well Caryn's scans came back confirming growth (40% increase) after only 3 weeks on and one week off of the low dose adriamyacin. We met with Hudis at Sloan and Caryn is going into one of the HSP90 heat shock protein trials. Protocol requires that she be off treatment for 3 weeks so she should be starting in 2-3 weeks. This makes me nervous due to the recent growth and agressive nature of these cells but there doesnt seem to be anything we can do about that. The Dr's minimize that but it does concern me since it can potentially effect options down the road (cyberknife,etc). Our NJ doc said we'll keep a close eye and if the HSP doesn't seem to be working early then he will quickly consider targeted radiation although he prefers a systematic approach at this point and believes we will still have this option down the road. I hope he's right but more importantly, I hope we won't even need it!! Bring on NED. Some interesting insight from Hudis for anyone considering an HSP trial. He is very high on 17AAG although she's not eligible. She's going on a new drug from a different company called CNF2024. It's in pill form but she will have to travel into NY 4 days the first week, and less each week after. I'll keep you informed.

Love to all,
Eric
eric is offline   Reply With Quote