Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #61
Paula O

Re: For those interested: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

Promise #4: I will not falter, God is ALWAYS watching

(continuation of notes I took/my journalling while listening to the James MacDonald CDs “Always true” when I was going through chemo. The direct quotes are his, not mine.) Hope the truths are a blessing and encouragement to others here as they are to me.

Titus 1:1-2

1 Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ to further the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness— 2 in the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time

Isaiah 43:2

2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.

God’s hand is on the thermostat, His gauge is on the depth of water. I don’t know what I can handle but He does. His goal is to change and mature me and bring honor to Himself. I can take more than I think I can–He is the One providing me with the strength I need.

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No temptation (another word is “trial”) has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness. He will always make a way of escape at just the right time. He gives encouragement to persevere, gives wisdom to do His will, He can pull me out of the fire/out of the flood waters at just the right time.

God’s promises are activated by faith.

Wrong views of God watching:

1. Some think God is watching like a resentful parent. He is not.
Zeph 3: He rejoices over me with singing. He is “at the front of the balcony, cheering me on”

2. He is not “watching like a hawk”, swooping down on every vulnerability, waiting to pounce on every mistake

Psalm 103:14
14 For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust.

He knows the things that are hard for me. God wants me walking in victory and has all the resources for me to do that. There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus.

3. He is not like a crabby church lady sitting in the balcony, critical eye and wagging finger at kids she is watching below, cranky, never happy with anybody.

Psalm 40:2
He lifted me out of the pit of despair,out of the mud and the mire.He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.

The goodness of God leads me to repentance. He redeemed me, set me free. He can not love me more than He already does–I am loved with an everlasting, perfect love.

4. He is not a cantankerous boss: “Hey, get to work, time is money.”
God is the most loving, gracious, benevolent parent, interested in my well being

He sees it all.

Proverbs 15:3

3 The eyes of the LORD are everywhere,
keeping watch on the wicked and the good
Searching for people to bless. He is especially focused upon and attentive to His own.
2 Chronicles 16:9

9 For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
I am precious to God in ways totally disproportionate to the person I am. He knew me before foundations of the world (Ps 139)
---------------------------------
Lord, every good gift comes from You. These are some of my gifts from You from these pasages/study:
(From James 1:7)
God is watching me as a loving Daddy watching the apple of His eye–focused on me with eyes of compassion, plenteous in mercy, rejoicing over me with singing, gracious, tenderhearted and I have the joy and privilege of being His beloved daughter. Nothing I am going through escapes His attention. He knows everything about everything. Nothing is too hard for Him. He can do anything. He has promised me that he will work all things together for good in Romans 8:28.
Isaiah 43:2 Even though this passage has a different context , I can glean the heart of God toward me too. His eye is on the thermostat of this fiery trial. Even though it feels very hot at times, I am not going to get burned up. His eye is on the gauge of the depth of water in this flood. The water is not going to go over my head. I am not drowning even though it feels like waves are crashing over me at times. He will help me catch my breath, tread water, and float on my back and rest when the water is too deep to walk through. He will not give me more than I can bear. He will show me a way of escape when I am tempted to sin, when I feel like giving up, when things feel too hard. At some point God will say “That’s enough” and this trial will end–maybe on earth, maybe in Heaven. He can completely heal me in a snap anytime He wants to, however He wants to. He will provide every bit of the strength I need to persevere and walk in His victory while He wants me on this earth, then after that He is going to take me Home to Heaven in His perfect time. I already know the end of the story and my future is bright no matter what happens.
From Isaiah 43:4 : “You are precious in my eyes, honored, and I love you.” He feels like that about every one of His kids, me included. I am loved with an everlasting, perfect love and am so grateful to be His.
————-

Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #62
Paula O

"Nothing you could ever experience, no matter how terrible or frightening, could ever separate you from the love of God. No tribulation and distress you might ever suffer could be so intense that God's love for you is not even more fervent. No persecution could be so painful that God's love cannot bring comfort. Famine might starve you of food, but you will never hunger for the Father's love. Poverty cannot strip you of God's compassion, just as even death itself is incapable of robbing you of your heavenly Father's infinite love.

If you base your view of God's love on your circumstances, you will become confused. There may be times when you will ask, “How could a loving God allow this to happen to me?” You may begin to question what you find clearly stated in the Word of God. God promised that you would never be separated from His love; He did not say that you would never face hardship, persecution, poverty, or danger. If you doubt that God could love you and still allow you to experience difficult experiences, consider the life of Jesus.

If you allow the death of Jesus on the cross to forever settle any questions you might have about God's love, you will approach difficult circumstances with confidence. Knowing that there will never be anything that could separate you from God's perfect love, you will watch to see how God expresses His love in each circumstance. Don't ever judge God's love based on your circumstances. Instead, evaluate your circumstances from the perspective of God's love."

--Unknown Author

Romans 8:35-39

New Living Translation (NLT)

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”) 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #63
MikeF

Rom 8:38-39 have been my favorites for a long time. Thanks for the reminder Paula
Radiation to spine
10/23/10StartNavelbine
11/19/10 Port installed
11/22/10 Started 2nd cycle
1/10/11 Finished 2nd cycle
1/24/11 Herceptin Only
3/7/11 progression, start Taxol/Herceptin
4/18/11 Skin mets appear increase treatments to weekly
rash spreads to right breast
7/5/11 enroll in TDM-1 study
7/29/11 randomly assigned Tykerb drop out of trial and start Tykerb /Herceptin no Xeloda skin mets gone Tykerb working
1/31/12 Skin mets return add Xeloda
5/9/12 Stop Tykerb skin mets back
5/17/12 Return to Navelbine/Herceptin
6/26/12 start process for TDM-1 compassionate access
8/28/12 Start TDM-1
10/9/12 third TDM-1 no response yet
10/23/12 Start Haloven
1/17/12 Start Perjeta/ Herceptin/Taxotere
Old 02-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #64
Paula O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewKtSKbWZUI
Part 1 of 5: message by Louie Gigleo "Indescribable"
The other parts are also available on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAzCP8SEKwc
"How Great is our God"
Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #65
Paula O

The Bend in the Road

Author: Helen Steiner Rice

Sometimes we come to life’s crossroads
And we view what we think is the end.
But God has a much wider vision
And he knows that it’s only a bend-
The road will go on and get smoother
And after we’ve stopped for a rest,
The path that lies hidden beyond us
Is often the path that is best.
So rest and relax and grow stronger,
Let go and let God share your load
And have faith in a brighter tomorrow-
You’ve just come to a bend in the road.

These are some quotes from the book “A Bend in the Road” by David Jeremiah (who is a cancer survivor) that were meaningful to me:

“No matter how sharp the bend in the road, no matter how disruptive the moment (those unanticipated events, most of which one would usually have chosen to avoid had it been possible), everything that happens to us is for the eternal purposes of God. He is training us through the process. Like any worthy parent, He wants to teach us what we cannot learn any other way.”

“As an old man, looking back on one’s life. it’s one of the things that strikes you most forcibly–that the only thing that’s taught one anything is suffering. Not success, not happiness, not anything like that. The only thing that really teaches one what life’s about–the joy of understanding, the joy of coming in contact with what life really signifies–is suffering, affliction.”
–Malcolm Muggeridge

“God, You have allowed this in my life. I don’t understand it, but I know that it couldn’t have happened to me unless it was filtered through Your loving Hands. So, this thing is from You.”

“The Father is never closer to the vine than when He is pruning it.”

“We all ask ‘why’ questions. They’re a natural part of being human. But we can ask better questions–we can ask ‘what’ questions: ‘What
Lord? What would You have me to do? ‘What are You trying to teach me?’”

“I didn’t sign up for this! I know that I sang, ‘Wherever He leads. I’ll go’, but can’t we at least check the weather report first? How could He lead me into a storm like this one?’
Just cling to the knowledge that you could be in no safer place than a storm of His making. You are safer and more secure in the tempest with Jesus than you could ever be in the calmest place without Him. That calm, you’ll come to realize, is an illusion, and the storm is for a good purpose and a short duration.”

• “You can choose to lift up your eyes to the heavens, pour out your tears, grief and anger and say “God, I have no clue what this is all about or where it is leading, but I resolve to trust You and praise You with all of my heart, unconditionally.
  • He will not abandon His work on you – of which your trial is a part (read Isaiah 49:15-16)
  • There’s no need for me and God to stay up all night. God will be awake anyway so I need to go to bed and get a good sleep. (Psalm 121:3-4)
  • You will be faced with a trial and God will give you 2 gifts: A scripture for your mind and a song for your heart
  • There is nothing, no circumstance, no trouble, no testing that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has come past God, and past Christ, right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose.
  • “God, You have allowed this in my life. I don’t understand it, but I know that it couldn’t have happened to me unless it was filtered through Your loving Hands. So, this thing is from You.”
  • We become preoccupied with our circumstances but God is preoccupied with our character.”

• My crisis is important to God. He is using it to make me a more valuable servant in His kingdom.
  • The only road that leads to the destination God desires for us has sharp bends.
  • Life is difficult, but difficulty is the only path to wisdom. “
----------------------

I will choose not to be fearful of any bad news now or to come. My “today” and my future are all HIS. I will trust my precious Lord to care for me and my family. IN CHRIST I am confident, steadfast, fearless, triumphant. (gleaned from Psalm 112:8)

Psalm 112:8

8 They are confident and fearless
and can face their foes triumphantly.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #66
Paula O

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:07 AM   #67
Paula O

When You Have One of Those Days {or Weeks or a whole lot more}

By Holly Gerth

photo by moonlight bulb

“No big deal,” he says with a flash of his exceptionally white teeth. I so want to believe him. I’m here to have gum grafting–a procedure defined as “minor” in the dental world. Sure enough, I survive. Whew. But I’m not the same for the next week. I cling to my couch like it’s a life boat, have a lifetime supply of frozen yogurt and watch Food Network shows about everything else I can’t eat.
And during commercials, I battle the whispers. The ones that say, “You should be over this by now.” Or call me names I haven’t heard since the elementary school playground like “Wimp” and “Weenie.” I roll my eyes. Seriously? I just had dental surgery and there’s still some part of me that thinks I should just snap out of it?
You’ve had this happen too, haven’t you? Life sends you a hard day,or week (or way more) and even though you know you should just give yourself a break you wind up being hard on yourself instead. {If it’s just me who does this, pretend along with me, o’kay? Thank you.}
So let’s talk about what we can do on those days, friends.
First, we can remember we are not our circumstances. Our identity doesn’t change based on what happens in our day-to-day lives. I’m the same to Jesus when I’m sitting on the couch watching Food Network as I am when I’m standing on a stage speaking to women. I’m His girl. You’re His girl. Forever. Done and done.
Next, we can choose to be on our own side. We’ve talked about this before but it’s worth looking back on when we have hard days. When the Apostle Paul asked, “If God is for us, who can be against us?” it was meant as a rhetorical question. But I realized there’s one person who can be against me. It’s the one staring back from the mirror. God is on your side so you need to be too. Otherwise we’re siding with the enemy. Yikes. Enough said.
Also, we can do whatever we can to not make it worse. That means taking care of ourselves, asking for help, giving ourselves permission to rest or to do what we need to to be renewed. I’m bad at this, ladies. Here’s how bad: as I snoozed on the couch during my recovery I had a dream I was playing volleyball {can you guess what’s coming next?}. I went for a low ball and smacked myself square in the jaw in my sleep. Oh, yes, I did. You may go ahead and giggle now.
Most of all, we need to know that we’re not the only one who goes through times when we feel small and weak and think we should be over it already and we’re just not. We’re all good at putting on a brave face and acting like’s whatever we’re facing is “no big deal.” But you know what? It IS a big deal. To us. And to God too. Because He loves us. And when you love someone, what matters to them matters to you.
So when we have one of those days, let’s be gentle with ourselves. Okay? Yes, ma’am. Now I think I’ll have some more frozen yogurt to celebrate that decision…"

Old 03-23-2013, 03:29 AM   #68
Paula O

In the Shadow of Your Wings: From a series of free on-line devotionals for Breast Cancer Patients

By Sue Sewell
http://bible.org/article/shadow-your...ancer-patients
“When I think of the wisdom and scope of God’s plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God” (Ephesians 3:14–19, NLT).
It’s Cancer

"It’s beginning to settle into my head now. They say I have cancer. I don’t feel sick. I don’t look sick. But apparently I am sick. I am now beginning to wage war on an enemy that I cannot see. It is a ravaging enemy, and I will remember at all times that I am at war. I can cry, but I must remember this is an enemy that will take no prisoner if given the option. I must gather up all the ammunition I can carry and fight with zeal. I know that all of my tomorrows have changed because of this enemy. That doesn’t mean I have no tomorrows, only that they will be different. I am now a part of a new sorority/fraternity. I have a common bond with others who have gone before me, and those who will come behind me. If I forget I’m at war, I will be tempted to surrender to fear. Satan finds his greatest strength is planting the seed of fear in my heart.
I begin today practicing putting Christ in control of my every thought. In Christ I have hope, not fear. I am walking hand in hand with my Lord down a difficult path. I walk with Him because I know I can trust Him. I know that He will not reject nor neglect me. I know that He alone has the strength I need to face the unknown circumstances of tomorrow. He alone will reach down, gently put His arms around me, and pick me up. He will carry me when I can walk no more.
My emotions overcome me with dread of the unknown. They roll over me like the swells of the rising tide. I remind myself that there is no sin in my emotions. This is the way God has made me. When I feel sad and despairing, I remind myself that what I know is more important than how I feel. I call on the Scriptures that I have hidden in my heart. My emotions are totally unpredictable: changing without warning. But what I know is God is immutable— never changing-the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. In Him alone can I trust."
Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #69
Paula O

"God Will Help You to Endure" (Option of audio and written transcript on the "Revive Our Hearts: Calling Women to Freedom, Fullness, and Fruitfulness in Christ" website)
https://www.reviveourhearts.com/radi...lp-you-endure/

"We give God our inadequacy, our weakness, our inability to deal with pressure, and God gives us His strength, His grace, and the ability to do what God wants us to do—to put down the next foot, to get to the next bend, to get around the next bend, and to keep going.
Paul says in chapter 2, verse 1 to Timothy, “Be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy). God’s grace infuses us supernaturally with strength that we would not have apart from His grace."

Old 03-29-2013, 03:46 AM   #70
Paula O

Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAv62...ature=youtu.be
Is Jesus Just a Crutch?
Old 04-27-2013, 05:11 AM   #71
Paula O

There's a neat little book that I've enjoyed, "The Red Sea Rules: Ten GodGiven Strategies for Difficult Times

Here are some notes somebody took:

http://www.pacecumc.com/lessons/RedSeaRules.pdf

Paula
Old 04-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #72
SusanN

Hello Paula!!
I am so thrilled I came along this thread!!!
I truly don't know how I would make it through some of my deepest fears...moments...on & on if I didn't have God and His Promises in my life...

A couple of my favorites...

Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." NIV

1 John 4:4 "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." NIV

Blessings!!
1/4/13 Rexcision, NO CLEAR MARGINS!! :(
2/11/13 Mastectomy with Expander Placed
2/15/13 INFECTION at Mastectomy site...emergency Surgery!!! Expander removed :(
DX: DCIS, IDC, Stage 2a, 2.7cm, 1/5 nodes positive
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
4/1/13 Begin 6 Cycles TCH Therapy
4/1/14 Finished Herceptin!!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 AM   #73
Paula O

How nice to hear from you, Susan! It's sure wonderful to have a Bible full of the promises of God that we can always count on no matter what. Thanks for sharing those verses. I like what Kenneth Wuerst said about Phil 4:13 (also one of my favorites) that you mentioned, "I am strong for all things in the One who constantly infuses strength in me."

Blessings backatcha,

Paula

P.S. I see in your sig line that you recently started chemo. How are you doing/feeling? I just lifted you in prayer.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #74
SusanN

Thank You for praying for me Paula!!

Actually, this past Thurs, I had quite a scare as I was infused with Benadryl...BEFORE Herceptin...

The FIRST time I had my initial "dose" of Herceptin, I was given benadryl capsules...slower release...yet I would get dizzy & experience heart palpitations, high BP...my nurse assumed I was having "panic attacks"...had 2 more weekly Herceptin infusions with "capsules"...had to ask her to slow, then stop the the IV...

Finally, we talked to my oncologist, he wanted to rule out Herceptin side effects/panic attacks by having me wear a heart moniter...so, we decided to drive an hour away to another treatment center where he was...and better care...
THANK GOD, as when I was infused with the Benadryl BEFORE the Herceptin, within minutes, I got dizzy, heart palpitations, my BP soared, I couldn't catch my breath...my body started twitching...it all lasted nearly 20 minutes...I was given ativan...was able to calm down and finish my entire chemo!!!

So, thankful for my mom, praying...my compassionate nurse, the doctor who was right there...I even asked him to pray!!

I wore a heart halter home, for 48 hours, had some palpitations...will have an echo tomorrow...

However, I AM TRUSTING GOD IN ALL THIS...!!!!

That was my 2 treatment...am feeling just weak...other than that...so far, okay!!

Thanks soooo very much Paula!!!

Sorry if I didn't make much sense...
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
Old 04-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #75
Paula O

Hi Susan

I'm sorry that you went through that reaction, that must have been hard. I hope the ECHO turns out A-OK and the rest of your treatment goes smoothly.

This morning in my reading:

Psalm 27:14

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Paula
Old 05-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #76
Paula O

Psalm 127:3 Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.

As I wake up to Mother's Day 2013 my heart is full of thankfulness for my three precious children and dear husband. I am so grateful.

This song is beautiful and is the prayer of my heart for my kiddos::

"A Mother's Prayer" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoy74orJu10

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms and Happy Wonderful Woman Day to all the
other ladies!

Paula
Old 06-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #77
Paula O

"In my distress I cried to the Lord,
And He heard me."
Psalm 120:1

Old 06-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #78
SusanN

Good Morning Paula!!
May 20th had my 3rd treatment...whew...delayed reaction...(which was good) as I was able to be "physically" strong for my son's HS graduation May 25th!!
However, just about that evening and into the next 4 - 5 days...I was HIT hard...soooo weak, tired...no appetite...

I was receiving Herceptin once a week when I started, however, the nurse didn't seem to have quite enough knowledge as to my side effects of the chemo's at the local clinic I first started going to.

After having spoke with my Oncologist, we decided I could have my Herceptin/Taxatore/Carbo all together where I could be more closely monitored, etc.
It's at a hospital, with WONDERFUL medical staff...we drive an hour just the 21 days to get or more if needed (I'm sure people drive MUCH further), however I feel so grateful & blessed for the the personal way they take are of me...God truly is taking care of ALL my needs!!!

He will allow "trials" in this life...to show us we NEED Him!!!

Psalm 18:2 "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Blessings!
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
Old 06-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #79
Paula O

How wonderful that you were able to feel well enough to really enjoy your son's graduation, Susan. Neato on God's timing of the delayed reaction! I'm so glad that you switched over and are getting excellent care for your treatments. You are half way through chemo, coming closer and closer to the home stretch of having chemo behind you and moving onward towards rebuilding vibrant health --wooohooo!

This morning I read these thoughts:

"There is an ongoing battle within me between my pursuit of happiness and my desire to have joy. Although joy may produce happiness, the two are not interchangeable. Joy is always available. Happiness is dependant on circumstance. Our Maker created us for joy, yet we can’t produce or manipulate it. That’s the rub. I’m made for joy, but I spend my days chasing after happiness.
“The difference between shallow happiness and a deep, sustaining joy, is sorrow. Happiness lives where sorrow is not. When sorrow arrives, happiness dies. It can’t stand pain. Joy, on the other hand, rises from sorrow and therefore can withstand all grief. Joy, by the grace of God, is the transfiguration of suffering into endurance, and of endurance into character, and of character into hope – and the hope that has become our joy does not (as happiness must for those who depend on it) disappoint us.” Walt Wangerin
"...God leaves his fingerprints all over my day, if only I’ll have the eyes to see them. I’ve been created with a voracious appetite for joy, yet I spoil it by snacking on pleasure, convenience, and whatever promises relief from pain. Rather than retreat from the darkness that can be present in life, I want to lean toward it. To see the gift of the moment. To receive and embrace what has been given to me rather than longing for lesser gifts.
"...At every turn, grace awaits discovery. The spider is spinning, the flowers are bursting into bloom, and the earth and all its inhabitants are proclaiming that there is hope. One day, everything sad will finally come untrue. The sun will rise for the last time, and will forever dispel the shadows that temporarily hinder our vision. Everyday, we’re offered a glimpse of that eternal joy. At times, it’s glaring brightly for all to see. Yet at others, we may need to lean in toward the shadows. As the eyes of our heart strain to see the miracle of grace, it’s not through panes of glass that we peer. It’s through the shadows cast by two pieces of rough, blood-stained timbers. Through the eternal intersection where death and life gave birth to hope. We have access to the hope that will not disappoint when we’re willing to “Look closer… it’s just hidden in the dark.”

Excerpts from:
http://greenertrees.net/2012/05/29/joy-in-the-shadows/

"Endurance" popped out at me and I did a word search" at www.BibleGateway.com and found these verses:
  1. Romans 5:3
    We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.
    Romans 5:2-4 (in Context) Romans 5 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. Romans 5:4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.
    Romans 5:3-5 (in Context) Romans 5 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  3. Colossians 1:11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy,
    Colossians 1:10-12 (in Context) Colossians 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  4. 2 Thessalonians 1:4 We proudly tell God’s other churches about your endurance and faithfulness in all the persecutions and hardships you are suffering.
    2 Thessalonians 1:3-5 (in Context) 2 Thessalonians 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  5. 2 Thessalonians 3:5 May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.
    2 Thessalonians 3:4-6 (in Context) 2 Thessalonians 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  6. 2 Timothy 3:10 [ Paul’s Charge to Timothy ] But you, Timothy, certainly know what I teach, and how I live, and what my purpose in life is. You know my faith, my patience, my love, and my endurance.
    2 Timothy 3:9-11 (in Context) 2 Timothy 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  7. Hebrews 6:12 Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance.
    Hebrews 6:11-13 (in Context) Hebrews 6 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  8. Hebrews 10:36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.
    Hebrews 10:35-37 (in Context) Hebrews 10 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  9. Hebrews 12:1 [ God’s Discipline Proves His Love ] Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
    Hebrews 12:1-3 (in Context) Hebrews 12 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  10. James 1:2 [ Faith and Endurance ] Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.
    James 1:1-3 (in Context) James 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
Old 06-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #80
SusanN

WONDERFUL TRUTH Paula!!! Thank you for sharing such great insight on JOY with me from such a way I NEED to "grasp" it...and know it as you explained it...I know JOY, yet the way this author explained it between happiness and obtaining Joy in Christ...YES!!

I've been reading this book..."Hope is Contagious' by Dr. Kenneth Hutherson...excellent!!!

Blessings to you!!
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
Closed Thread