HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #21
TSund

Re: getting her2+ER- bc to reexpress ER & consequences more complicated than thought

Has there been any studies for fulvestrant or exemestane (Aromasin) vs the non-steroidal AI's for non-metastatic HER2 breast cancer?

I"m also not clear on where fulvestrant fits into the picure vs tamoxifen, aromasin/femara, and aromasin, particularly with non-metastatic cancer. I think it was developed as a treatment for metastatic cancer, but is now branching into locally advanced cancer, etc?

Thanks

TRS
Breast MRI showed 2 enlarged nodes, not palpable
100%ER+, 95%PR+, HER2+++
6x pre-surgery TCH chemo finished 9/15/7 Dramatic tumor shrinkage
1 year Herceptin till 6/08
MRM 10/11/07, SNB: 0/4 nodes + Path: tumors reduced to only a few "scattered cells"
now 50% ER+, PR- ???
Rads finished 1/16/08
Added Tamoxifen,
Finished Herceptin 05/08
NOW is the time to appreciate life to the fullest.

Last edited by TSund; 01-05-2010 at 09:32 AM..
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #22
Lani

Re: getting her2+ER- bc to reexpress ER & consequences more complicated than thought

as far as I know fulvestrant only being used for metastatic bc (may be some trials going on for adjuvant, but I haven't heard them reported)
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #23
Hopeful

Quote:
also presented at SABCS if tumor is her2 AND her3 positive it tends to be resistant to all antihormonal treatments.
The following post in the Articles Forum contains a discussion of the presentation referenced by Lani above.

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...eferrerid=1173

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #24
Lani

Thanks Hopeful. When I heard the talk I heard endocrine treatment insensitive (not partially insensitive). I perked up to be sure I heard right. Will try to see if that talk ends up online to listen again.
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #25
Hopeful

Lani,

I have a few questions about the trial that perhaps you can answer. I am including a link to the abstract from SABCS that accompanies the main subject of the article in the articles forum: http://www.abstracts2view.com/sabcs0...=SABCS09L_1839

Am I correct in that this was a European study? The results portion of the abstract says, "Between 2001 and January 2006, 9775 women were randomized to TEAM. In total, 99% of patients were ER+ and/or PgR+, 50% were node-negative, 44% underwent mastectomy, 68% received radiotherapy, and 36% received chemotherapy." There is no mention here of Herceptin. Do you know if any of the trial participants received Herceptin? I am thinking given the time frame and location the participants were drawn from, that they most likely did not.

Do I understand that those who were resistant are both Her2+ and Her3+, or was it either/or? When it is written with the slash, as it is in the article I posted, I am not sure how to interpret it.

Thanks for any light you can shed.

Hopeful

Last edited by Hopeful; 01-07-2010 at 07:34 AM..
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote