HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Caregivers Corner
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Caregivers Corner Dedicated to those who support their loved ones.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
ammebarb

My sis saw the oncologist

She called to tell me what happened at her appointment. She will have a PET and CT scan as soon as it can be scheduled. She has decided to have a second surgery to look at lymph again (after two microscopic cells were found), so that will be scheduled as soon as she has healed a bit from the lumpectomy and sentinel node surgery. She will have a port installed during the lymph surgery so that she can do TAC chemo, with Herceptin. As seems standard, she will do the remainder of a year on Herceptin and then do the radiation that is required.

I've been reading that Adriamycin and Herceptin can both be cardio toxic, so I'm wondering if they are commonly given together?

She sounded better than I expected her to sound. Her next big stress producer is the PET and CT, not because of the scans but because of waiting to hear results.

I'm waiting to hear when she will next want me to go home to help....for scans or surgery.

Thanks so much for responding to my prior posts. This is a place filled with compassionate, smart, helpful men and women. I'm sure glad I found you!

Barb
ammebarb is offline   Reply With Quote