HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2003, 03:30 AM   #1
pam

I have some potentially bad news. I just got the ca2729 tumor marker results from this month. It's up to 41 - a jump from 32 last month (the range since June for me has been 26-32, so this is a big jump) and normal is 37 or less. I already have scans scheduled for 12/29. I have bone mets. Femara has already failed me. I was on taxotere & herceptin for 6 months; that showed improvement for, but at 6 months stopped working. In June they took me off both the taxotere & herceptin & put me on faslodex & zometa. Finally, I'm feeling well again. Oh, I'm so afraid this means that the faslodex isn't working, it's spreading, which would be mean back to chemo. And now of course I'll have this hanging over my head over Christmas. Please pray for good news. Pam
Old 12-11-2003, 03:53 AM   #2
PaulaC

You are certainly in my prayers....Hugs, Paula
Old 12-11-2003, 04:13 AM   #3
Lolly

Pam,
I'll be praying for you. I had symptoms of my recurrence just before Christmas 2000, so I know exactly how you feel. Cancer never chooses a "good" time to make it's presence known, but just try to enjoy the holidays anyway knowing that there IS a combo out there that will work for you. Maybe it would be a good time to explore Herceptin in combo with other chemos again; because it quit working with Taxotere doesn't mean it wouldn't work better with a different agent, that's been the case with quite a few on this board, and hopefully they will post their experiences.
hugs,
Lolly
Old 12-11-2003, 04:37 AM   #4
kathy

Try not to panic. Rising tumor markers can mean other things also. My doctor doesn't do tumor markers because of that reason.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:16 AM   #5
eleanor

I know it's easier to say than do, but try not to panic. If you have to go back on chemo, you can get through it. Those numbers are low, so you know you are being treated early. In the meantime, enjoy the holidays and your family. We are truly blessed to be able to celebrate another year with our loved ones.
el
Old 12-12-2003, 09:18 AM   #6
Anonymous

Hi Pam-
I'm sorry you're going through this.My tm's have always run ~33 & my doc said they fluctuate so much that she wouldn't be concerned if they got as high as 50 (easy for her to say!)I pray that it is just an strange spike in the number.
However, I suggest that you ask if they can move your scan up sooner -especially if it'll bring you peace of mind to have a look now, and not wait 2 more weeks.
Wishing you well & praying for you,
Jessica