HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2003, 11:33 AM   #1
Elaine, UK

I can't sleep this evening. Something big is happening, I can barely contain myself!

I need to tell you all about what's happening so that it may help others ASAP. I sit sometimes and read about people with brain mets, Carol most recently and I have to speak now rather than wait and see any longer.

I am Her-2 3+ as I have written before. I'd had surgery, chemo, etc. Nothing worked the first time and it came back late last year. I was sent home to put my affairs in order. I then found "alternative" treatment" and the Gerson therapy. I began Gerson in Feb this year and have noticed a real lift in my well-being. (More info. on Gerson at www.gerson.org)

I then made the huge mistake of taking shark cartilage. There's actually an FDA ban on this stuff but I didn't know this at the time and ended up with 48 tumours in my liver in just 28 days. See the following link for FDA on shark cartiage:
http://www.quackwatch.org/04Consumer...ews/shark.html

Anyhow, with this diagnosis (and I also have dermal and spinal bone mets) I had to do what I then considered something drastic and go back to chemo. I had 2 rounds of 5FU and Navelbine and have even been in touch with Jessica about the Broffman program in LA - but to be honest it wasn't working for me.

Then.... came the gift from God I truly believe -
I have searched and researched relentlessly, fearing brain mets and thinking that I was running out of time. I then read of Dr William Donald Kelley's work: http://www.drkelley.com/CANLIVER55.html
(scroll
down on the link above to read much data on the link above)

ENZYMES!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was already taking loads under the Gerson therapy and it was almost "holding" it but not regressing it. However, I heard through a doctor in England (Jan de Vries - who has written a book called "Cancer and Leukemia), about IP6.

IP6 is an enzyme supplement and trial data in the US has shown major tumour regressions in mice. I began this treatment and also increased my Infla-zymes (enzymes by American Biologics) and within just 10 days, my liver function blood results have improved so dramatically, which could not be attributable to the chemo because chemo affects were only temporary up until about 7-10 days after the chemo, we're now on day 23 after 2nd chemo, that my onc. was amazed. We both agreed that I should stop the chemo and monitor weekly blood results based on what I am taking.

This is truly amazing. I keep feeling my dermal mets daily. I knew from my Broffman program at about day 11-14 that my mets were hardening up again, however with this they're not :>) (BIG SMILES). Its a miracle and its the best Christmas present I could ever hope for.

I'm in talks with some doctors about a enzyme program as I wonder if there is a better dosage I could be taking. Meanwhile, I am improving in energy and I'm so restless with this news, I can't sleep. Its 2.30am here in England.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to give it a go. It can't hurt. They're enzyme supplements and can be taken along side chemo.

Supplements can be bought at a good price at www.vitaminshoppe.com and they ship around the world.

May God bless you all with this healing too.
Elaine, UK
Old 12-11-2003, 01:57 PM   #2
janelle

Congratulations on your progress! Thank you so much for the info, I printed out your post to take to my onc.

Hugs,
janelle
Old 12-12-2003, 12:19 AM   #3
Jackie

Boy, that is terrific news, Elaine! I'm fairly new to this website but have noted the various reading materials that you have suggested. I also will explore this info and thank you for posting it. I wish you continued regression and good health...the best of all Christmas presents!
Old 12-12-2003, 01:07 AM   #4
eleanor

Elaine,
this is GREAT news!!!! Please keep us updated on this alternative treatment.
el
Old 12-12-2003, 03:16 AM   #5
Lolly

Elaine,
What wonderful news! I'll be looking for updates, and hope you have a happy, HEALTHFUL New Year!
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 12-12-2003, 05:05 AM   #6
Linda in Calif

What wonderful news! It's great that you found something to help you. It gives us all such a good feeling to hear of others success at beating this. Hope to see many more positive posts from you. Take Care, Linda
Old 12-12-2003, 09:08 AM   #7
jessica

Hi Elaine-
Was just wondering about you...glad to see your post and read your good news!I'm on IP6 (per Michael Broffman) & have been taking it for a year now.
I'm celebrating great success using this supplement (along w/others)also.Yesterday I celebrated 3 months off chemo w/weekly Herceptin, and still NED and ca27.29 is 25.2!The lowest ever!
I'm starting to feel a little less paranoid & anxious about having to go back on chemo, and enjoying the return of my hair-including all the shaving!
Wishing for return to full health and NED for all of us.In the meantime, keep the faith.
God bless,
Jessica
Old 12-12-2003, 12:08 PM   #8
JaneP

Good for you!

Jane