HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #1
lindaw

Hi everyone

Just wondering who had found the herceptin/taxol combination successful?

love
Lindaw
Old 12-09-2003, 08:15 AM   #2
Linda in TX

I have just recently gotten back my scan results after 3 rounds of taxotere/herceptin (same family), with herceptin given weekly. My markers in the beginning were 457 and I had a 7 cm lesion on my liver. My markers are now down to 77 and the lesion has already shrunk down to 3 cm!!!!! Needless to say, I'm elated with this news....this combo is DEFINATELY working for me!! Best of luck to you! (I really believe prayers help alot too!)
Old 12-09-2003, 08:31 AM   #3
Linda in Calif

Hi Linda: First I had A/C then Taxol/Herceptin. It seems to have worked for me. There has been no disease progression (I was at IIIA). I have been NED for almost a year now. My tumor markers fluctuate between about 17 and 20. Take Care, Linda
Old 12-12-2003, 09:37 AM   #4
jessica

hi-
I tried 2 other combos unsuccessfully-navelbine+herceptin w/no response; aclinical trial for 27 weeks until stable, but still liver mets, then 12 weeks of taxol+herceptin until NED!We did an additional 2 weeks of the combo while waiting for a PET scan to confirm NED.Now 3 months since last Taxol, but on weekly Herceptin, still NED & tm's are 25!
Celebrating the return of my hair!
God bless,
Jessica
Old 12-21-2003, 04:55 AM   #5
JoJo

Diagnosed at stage 3b, 6cm tumor in breast & largely-matted lymph nodes, PR-, ER+, her2 3+.

At post-chemo surgery, tumor all gone and 17/18 nodes removed tested positive.

For chemo, I started on 4x A/C, then Taxol & Herceptin combo 12x weekly. Continuing on weekly herceptin up to 1 year, as long as heart can handle.

Would you say this combo was successful in my case? Good question!! (Doctors were really surprised that my tumor totally disappeared)

Appreciate ANY reply, thanks! And happy holidays to everyone! :-)