HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #11
YNieves

Question Herceptin reaction

I started my chemo this past wednesday. Taxotere, cytoxin and herceptin. The 2 chemo meds were well tolerated. Half hour into the herceptin, My chest closed up and I spent the next 5 hours in the ER! Thank God 2 nebulizer treatments, and magnesium sulfate brought me out of it. The next step was going to be epinephrine and possible intubation. They are considering trying to desensitize me to herceptin so i can try it again and accept it. Seeing allergist on Tuesday. I am Her 2+, stage one, ER/PR neg, 1.4 cm tumor, no mets or lymphm nodes positive. Mastectomy. Previous DCIS 2004 stage 0, received lumpectomy and radiation. Clear lyphm nodes. Herceptin episode was scary especially for my husband. I have to decide if I want to chance having another reaction during desensitization. It is so serious they will only try it in the ICU just in case??? Has anyone out there ever gone through desensitization for herceptin.? I'm a nubie so forgive my excess writing.
YNieves is offline   Reply With Quote