HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2017, 12:58 AM   #1
Paula O

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

Dear Julie,

That's great news to hear that you are healthy now! HOORAY!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry about your niece. (((((HUGS)))) Boy, that's really rough stuff she is going through. I'm glad you've been able to share the links to these free resources with her and hope they are some help to her. I just lifted her in prayer.

I just noticed in your sig line:
"First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day."

Too funny, Julie! I just added it to the humor thread. Lot's of us can relate, ha, ha.
http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...ad.php?t=50848 Thx.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:24 AM   #2
Paula O

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

Little Pink Houses of Hope is such a great organization! I've shared in this thread a few times about this non profit. Our family was chosen to participate at Oak Island in 2012 during Round #1 in my fight and I have volunteered at retreats in New Smyrna Beach a couple times and this summer my daughter and I volunteered for a week with LPHOH in Key West (during Round #2 of my fight). Such fun! The retreats for the rest of 2017 are full (although on their retreat schedule on their web site it looks like there is a possibility of one in California in December to be announced still--might be worth keeping an eye on that potential opening). Come January 2018 if you are in active treatment, I highly recommend applying. There are many people who apply but who knows, YOU might be picked! Several of us members here have been chosen to participate. It's a free vacation of a life time for folks battling breast cancer that reaches out to the whole family in an incredible way.

I wanted to share that the founder of www.littlepink.org has just been nominated as a CNN Hero.

Here is a brief video clip: http://www.cnn.com/videos/health/201...-coble-mix.cnn
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote