HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
Rupali

Move to Canada or not

Hi all,
I know there are some people on this forum from Canada and lot from the US. I need some help from you to make some very important decisions in life and me and my husband are totally confused about it, so I decided to post our confusion here to hear what you would have done in this situation.

We are from India and my husband works in the US on a H1B visa which is a non immigrant visa. Our Green Card in US has been filed and it will probably take another 1.5 -2 years to get it.
Meanwhile we applied for Permanent Residency in Canada and in January 2005 we got Canadian Permanent Residency equivalent to Green Card in the US.
At the same time in December 2004 I got diagnosed with stage 3C BC with a 9 cm large tomor and 11/21 nodes positive. I got AC/T and Herceptin for 2 years and I am currently on Aromasin and Zoladex plus a long list of supplements. My husband is curently debating with the insurance company to get me at least 6 months of Tykerb as a monotherapy.

Now we just came to know that if we do not move to Canada by January 2008 then we will loose out Canadian Permanent Residency. So we both have been thinking what to do.
What we are not sure is to how to compare the medical systems in Canada and US. My husbands company is ready to move him to Canada and he can work from Toronto.

In Canada can you buy Tykerb out of you pocket if you want to have it as a monotherapy.
How is it with Aromasin and Zoladex? We have also heard that first 3 months we will not recieve any medical coverage from the Government and we will have a Private insurance. Will we be able to get aromasin and zoladex thru them?

How is the medical system of Canada as compared to the US?
Generallly how is the life in Canada. Please comment.
Rupali is offline   Reply With Quote