HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2004, 10:13 PM   #1
Jo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
My Story - Jo

Had a masectomy last year 3 tumors in the left breast Stage III with 1 positive node under arm and 1 on chest wall and HER expressed. In a trial for Herceptin (insurance wouldn't cover at Stage III) but wound up in the control group without the drug. Went through partial reconstruction at the time and 4 rounds of AC 4 rounds of Taxol and 5 weeks of radiation. Completed it all in Dec.

Went to labs in February and everything was normal.

Two weeks ago had headaches (not a headache person). felt like a hangover for 5 days. Went to doctor did MRI and have 3 lesions in the brain being treated with radiation for two weeks. CAT and Bone Scan now indicate I also have bone and liver involvement. Have a PET Scan this week and a mediport to be put back in. Postponed the reconstruction until we get the brain and liver stablized. Start next week on Navelbine and Herceptin weekly infusions. However the doctor my want to get me in a clinical trial if I can also have Herceptin too.

I'm being very accepting it's just a whole lot of info at once and instead of being the planner I am I have to take it day by day.

Been doing a lot of reading on nutrition (even though I hate healthy before) and I'm eating tons of proteins and anti-oxidants (I can't hurt).
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007
free webpage hit counter