HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #21
madubois63

Sweetie - I am living proof that miracles do happen, BUT you have to help things along. You have a lot of work to do. It is good that you are honest with yourself and preparing for the worst, but you have 2 of the most important reasons to fight this stupid horrible disease. I agree with RB that you need to change your diet and add complimentary supplements to your diet. Talk to your doctor about speaking to a nutritionist. Most cancer centers/hospitals have them on staff. I don't know if you've know what has been happening to me, so I'll give you a rundown. 8 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with stage IV Inflammatory bc (not a very good prognosis), but I beat it and had 4 years of remission. It then came back to my lung, liver and far side nodes (even worse prognosis). I beat it again, but then I got acute myeloid leukemia (worse than worse prognosis). I had an unrelated bone marrow transplant and lots of transfusions. My liver rejected the transplant and I was given 3 months to live. I did treatment with horse serum and survived. Then new spots of bc were discovered on my lung again. I started Herceptin and a few other things again and now I have a PET on Thursday to see if the bc is gone. Then I went jaundice again. I had a HUGE iron overload in my liver from having over 70 blood transfusions. I now get phlebotomy weekly (they take blood). I was told it would take over a year to fix the iron/liver problem. Besides the traditional treatments, I use complimentary treatments and have reduced the iron in my liver by half in just 2 months - docs are amazed. I changed my diet and have added supplements that include herbs and lots of green tea, do physical therapy 3 times a week, meditate, do reiki (sometimes), get massages as often as possible and have as much fun as possible. I tell you all this because I want you to see that there is no reason why you can't live to see those little guys grow up!! My kids (not so young anymore - 17 and 19) are my happy place and my reason for taking whatever life dishes out. If you would like to talk, send me a private message and I'll give you my number or call you. You need to clear your head, BREATH and get to work. Please do not let this set back get the best of you!!! Those babies need you...
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver
BC mets to lung 11/07
Fasoladex Herceptin Zometa Xeloda
GVHD/Iron overload to liver
Avascular Necrosis/morphine pump 10/10
metastatic brain tumor
steriotactic radiosurgery

Last edited by madubois63; 08-05-2008 at 08:25 PM..
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:55 PM   #22
ElaineM

progression

Hi Hermiracles,
I am sorry to hear about the progression. Please take good care of yourself and try to stay positive. I know it is easier said than done, but it is important. I am glad you are getting some TLC from the nurses. I am glad they are there for you when you need them. Sometimes we need that.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #23
hutchibk

Please, consider a few things before you start talking about death at your doorstep-

Also, it is probably not a case of "Herceptin not working particularly well for you" - it is a case of Herceptin only being one of the combo of targeted agents that researchers suspect are necessary to turn off all of the pathways that HER2 uses to escape and proliferate. Many of us, (including me) who have already been on Herceptin once, and switched treatments, are already planning for our future to add Herceptin back in WITH Tykerb - and many are getting nice results from that. So don't count Herceptin out at all. It is probably in your future again. But, for now, switching to Tykerb might be a very powerful option for you as it has been for many.

As far as WBR - Please get all the info available here on our site before you agree to that route. If you truly only see one met right now, WBR sounds to me to be overkill (like using a machine gun to kill an ant... it might cause collateral damage and is probably not necessary just yet, maybe never). One small met can better be knocked out with targeted radiation like Cyberknife or Stereotactic, and save WBR as a last resort for sometime in the very very distant future.

The two considerations you need to deal with right now are:

1. What type of treatment will best deal with the lung mets (which many of us have successfully knocked out more than once)

2. What type of treatments will succesfully deal with the one suspected brain met.

Tykerb/Xeloda both cross the blood brain barrier and can help treat and hold brain mets inactive for some time. And potentially help protect the brain from future mets (researchers are currently monitoring that prospect)... I believe that they can also work fairly well on the lung mets. Or it may be that your doc can consider the Tykerb with a different chemo that can deal even more powerfully with the lung mets... and use targeted radiation to knock out the brain met.

There are many options left to work with, several different combinations are possible. There is not only one way to kill or stun this rat that we call Her2 breast cancer... these days doctors are becoming more and more creative in their combinations and they are having some amazing results. One thought might be combining the Herceptin with Tykerb and a chemo which can offer a powerful punch that can treat the body mets as well as brain met. But I am not an ocologist, I just try and keep up with the research and always ask my doc lots of questions. He loves it. Ask Ask Ask your doctor many questions. Be as compelling a patient as possible!! Get your info in order. We can (and will happily) help you put together your list of very informed questions to ask your doctor as you proceed.

Please don't let this get the best of you. I am glad you got some support and rest in the PCU, but you have so many more options. We just have to work on staying as emotionally, mentally and physically strong and healthy as possible so that our doctors can keep throwing whatever they need to at our cancer to knock it back and render it inactive... until it pops up again and then throw the next thing at it. There is a lot in the pipeline and researchers are chasing HER2 pretty feverishly, so please just keep on keeping on and challenge your docs to be visionary and absolutely open-minded and confident in your treatment. Promise them that you will do your part to be as healthy as possible to tolerate whatever you need to fight this for many years...

Progression is only progression... and it can become regression very easily with creative combinations and visionary treatment. Always keep that in mind.

Love, Brenda

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."

Last edited by hutchibk; 08-05-2008 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: typo
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #24
Sherryg683

I am praying for you. Those beautiful little boys will keep you fighting. I can understand how it can be hard to come to the board when there are losses like Lolly, Karen, Michelle and Kate, it hits too close to home for us stage IV gals. Please know that we are here if you need to vent or someone to talk to. I will pray that they find a combination that will work and knock back those mets..sherryg683

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #25
SoCalGal

ABOUT WBR - one more thing

You have a lot of great advice here. Since I just had gamma in February to a brain met I just wanted to add one thing my doc told me. He said in many places without the gamma knife machine - they still use WBR as standard of care for brain mets. Please make sure that they are not suggesting Whole Brain Radiation because there is no gamma knife or sterio-tactic facility available.

I had one met zapped on February 8th. I was in at 7:00AM and home by 11:00AM. It was an amazingly easy procedure - all things considered.

I have mets sprinkled throughout both lungs and also in my sternum and also in some random surrounding lymph nodes near the sternum. Nothing I can feel - all in my body. And then I had the one brain met.

I also started off with Tykerb and am now on Tykerb along with Herceptin & Avastin every 3 weeks. And zometa every 6 weeks for bone mets. It's taken 6 months on this but finally it seems like things are getting better. Please don't give up hope.

PAIN robs you of so much - I know when I was in pain my whole life was shut down and it became about managing that pain. You have many people pulling for you - me included.
xoxo
Flori
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.

Last edited by SoCalGal; 08-05-2008 at 10:13 PM..
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #26
loveher

i cant believe there are people as strong as you women.
Hermiracles, as a child of a mom with cancer, the best thing my mom's ever done for me is to fight on. so keep going, think positive! im so proud of my mom and im sure your hubbas are gonna be very proud of you too!
Hi i'm Sue. I've been part of the her2support family since 08'. My amazing mother Hong was her 2 stage IV 9 years and bravely earned her wings, I still love this board and continue to her fight. Plz reach out if you want to connect:)
loveher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #27
harrie

Hello hermiracles! So good to hear from you again. I am sending you tons of love straight from my heart to yours.
Take care Precious....
Your bubbas are oh so sweet and beautiful!! Just like you, I'm sure!!
Maryanne (HarrieCanarie)

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:49 AM   #28
Sheila

Hermiracles
You have been given great advice from the brain mets crew here...please consider it. As far as the herceptin, I must agree it needs a bump...by adding the Tykerb Xeloda and keeping the Herceptin, it may be the magic combo....those little ones need you here, so please remember you are in my prayers that the new treatment with control the mets...you have 2 miracles now, I now you will be blesed with another. Sending much love and a big hug..

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #29
goops

Hermiracles,

I am so sorry that you are going through so much pain as well as progression. I will pray that they find the right thing to help you.

Help my city grow:

http://goopsville.myminicity.com/ind/
goops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #30
AlaskaAngel

Hermiracles,

Your post is so eloquent. A very intelligent and courageous woman here taught me not to equate any choice about treatments with "giving up".

I especially want to say also that taking care of legal issues is something that we all can do to spare our caregivers and/or surviving family from that added stress, whether or not we have any illness.

Thank you for your gentle wisdom,

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #31
Patb

I am praying for another miracle for you. You have
received so much good information on this Board so
I cannot add to that but wish you the best. Your
babies are great.
patb

Diagnosed June, 06, Stage I, Grade3, ER+PR- Her2positive, No Nodes. A/C X 4. Radiation 33 with boost, Herceptin every two weeks until Nov.
07, Arimedex for 5 years. Mugas and Echo and chest xRay. Bone scan of whole Body, and Back of Brain and spine MRI.
CT scan of Lungs every six months
due to two small places. December
2009, bone scan due to bone pain.
Follow up test in 2010.
Patb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #32
Joan M

Hi Hermiracles,

The babies are adorable and they're getting so big!

I'm sorry to hear about the progression. But it's good to know that you got a rest and good care in the palliative unit and that your pain is under control.

Tykerb and Xeloda are a good combination, and then there are always other treatments on the horizon.

You are in my prayers.

Joan
Diagnosed stage 2b in July 2003 (2.3 cm, HER2+, ER-/PR-, 7+ nodes). Treated with mastectomy (with immediate DIEP flap reconstruction), AC + T/Herceptin (off label). Cancer advanced to lung in Jan. 2007 (1 cm nodule). Started Herceptin every 3 weeks. Lung wedge resection April 2007. Cancer recurred in lung April 2008. RFA of lung in August 2008. 2nd annual brain MRI in Oct. 2008 discovered 2.6 cm cystic tumor in left frontal lobe. Craniotomy Oct. 2008 (ER-/PR-/HER2-) followed by targeted radiation (IMRT). Coughing up blood Feb. 2009. Thoractomy July 2009 to cut out fungal ball of common soil fungus (aspergillus) that grew in the RFA cavity (most likely inhaled while gardening). No cancer, only fungus. Removal of tiny melanoma from upper left arm, plus sentinel lymph node biopsy in Feb. 2016. Guardant Health liquid biopsy in Feb. 2016 showed mutations in 4 subtypes of TP53. Repeat of Guardant Health biopsy in Jana. 2021 showed 3 TP53 mutations, BRCA1 mutation and CHEK2 mutation. Invitae genetic testing showed negative for all of these. Living with MBC since 2007. Stopped Herceptin Hylecta (injection) treatment in March 2020. Recent 2021 annual CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis and annual brain MRI showed NED. Praying for NED forever!!
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #33
hermiracles

Oh my goodness!!

You folks are amazing! Thanks you so much for your kind words, encouragement and information! It will take me a bit to understand it all.

There's so much I want to say to you but right now I have to keep it brief - it's 4.30am here in Australia!! I seem to have become insomniac recently! though Im very tired now and obviously do need to go to bed.

Monday I will have what I think is my last dose of Herceptin. Even though I have read the research on the good outcomes with combined herceptin and tykerb - apparently here in Australia you are not allowed to be on them both at the same time! - and if you do start on Tykerb you cant go back onto the herceptin at all!?

Then I will see my Onc after that and discuss more about the next Step.

Thanks so much for sharing your love and courage and wisdom.
Blessings all
Hermiracles

PS My Onc reckons he has patients with lung mets who have been stable for more than 4 years ~ so I guess where's there's life there's hope eh? Anyways how could I give up when I wake up to these 2 smiling faces every morning? :-)) Thanks so much for being here.
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
15/11/07 Stage 4 Emerg op - hip replacemt #NOF bone mets H/Taxotere
12/07 Rx to 'spots' on spine/R/hip/femur 3wkly H
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
09/08 Stop H complete Epirubicin 1wk PC new brain mets
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
01/09 Tumour markers normal! Rx to L/arm
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.

Last edited by hermiracles; 08-07-2008 at 12:26 PM..
hermiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #34
harrie

Hermiracles, so great to hear from you!! Thanks for the pics of your little miracles!! They are getting so big and just cuter and cuter!!! You are so lucky to have those little ones to give you the strength and courage to do what you gotta do! It is amazing what love can conquer!!
Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #35
KathyH

thoughts and prayers

Dear Friend,
I am so sorry for your difficulty. I have a friend who did not respond to Herceptin but went into complete remission on Tykerb. I will hope and prayer for the same result for you. Your strength amazes me.
Blessings, Kathy H
left side - likely stage 1 her2 -, er/pr+
4 A/C
Nov 05 - complete clinical remission
4 Taxotere/Herceptin
Surgery Feb 06 - pathologic complete remission
9 months of Herceptin
36 rad on right
Tamoxifen - 5yrs
NED!
KathyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #36
G. Ann

Add my prayers to the group's. There is strength in numbers. Your beautiful spirit shines through your posts. Thanks for sharing pictures of your two miracles--they are so precious. I know you'll be a mother bear as you begin your new treatment.
Stage 2, 0/18 nodes
TX 4 AC (no taxanes, no radiation)
Hysterectomy 10/04
Began Herceptin 1/06, finished 1/07
G. Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #37
Catherine

Hi Hermiracles,

Your post was so nicely worded. You described your situation so openly and shared the good and the bad with us. The Bubbas are darling and so are you. Glad that the PC was such a respite. (I am not sure if we even have that in the U.S.) Glad you could get the support you richly deserve at the PC. Love and prayers to you and your dear husband and family.

Catherine

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #38
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Hello Sweetheart

Sorry to hear about your progression, you, your great hubby and those gorgeous bubbas are always in our prayers. Wish I could beat up those cancer cells for you myself!! I cannot believe that those little ones are getting so big, their pictures made my heart smile. Continued prayers and cyber-hugs, today and always!!>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #39
lexigirl

Hermiracles,

I am sad to read that you have had progression. But, after seeing those beautiful babies smiling, you will find strength and determination to get over this "bump in the road" and continue on to enjoy every minute with your bubbas.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #40
Ruth

Hermiracles ~

Your babies are beautiful and thank you for sharing them with us. You are a special lady and I pray the best for you and your family.

Hugs ~ Ruth
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote