HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 11-09-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
hutchibk

I think TipToe needs a travel companion...

So when she gets to Texas, I will introduce her to a very suave and handsome Tykerb Tiger... He is looking forward to traveling the world, too. He can travel with Tip or he can travel on his own and they can be like two ships who pass in the night...

He needs a name though, so let's put our light bulbs over our heads and see what we come up with.

I won't actually have him until this weekend, but when I do, I will post his picture.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Look At That Face On The Left!

A TYKERB TIGER SHOULD SURELY ACCOMPANY OUR HERCEPTIN HONEY / CHINESE HAMSTER. WE ALL NEED COMPANIONSHIP!
Brenda, She could be called Tobi. Or some other *T* name, like Tammy, Taz.

More *T's*: Thea/Theodora (Theo) -- divine gift. Thora -- thunder. Tilda -- maid of battles, Trixie -- she who blesses.

If she is a Sumatran tiger she could be called *Frangipani* (flower) or *Maharani* (queen), in Indonesian.

What are your thoughts Tigresses??
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink

Nice new pic Brenda! You and...???
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 11-10-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
hutchibk

My friend Shannon and her new hubby Kevin - she's in her late 20s and already on recurrence... it makes me more mad that she has recurrence than that I have it! She is PRECIOUS.

I am thinking that our Tykerb Tiger will be a boy. Doesn't have to be though. But the one I have in mind really has a thing for cute hamsters, and he kinda wants to have children. Do you think Tipsy wants kids?

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #5
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink Thinking And Laughing Out Loud...

I am still not sure if Tiptoe has her ovaries, or has donated them... To save the Herceptin Honeys' lives. So children is an iffy question. Unless of course they *adopt*.

Tiger (Woods) real name is ELDRIDGE, for whatever that's worth. The name amuses me. I know no one w/that name. Except maybe the Tykerb Tiger. Kind of the Elvis of golfing. A kind of KING!

Andrea

Old 11-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #6
PinkGirl

Question pictures

Andi, why are you able to attach that 60,967 byte picture of the cute tigers, but not the pics of Tip????

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
PinkGirl

Talking one more thing

I am about 99% sure that Tiptoe has her ovaries (the size of chocolate chips). She did not come to me from a research lab. However, if she mates with a tiger, she will probably need a C-section.....just thinking...

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink How'd She Do That?

Pinkie,

I can copy pics off the web and paste them into emails and/or on this site. A conundrum, more technically astute can perhaps explain.

I swear if I could take my pics from the computer and post them here, I'd do it. I did my darnedest to compress, compress, compress and UPLOAD, using that paper clip thing. I typed in the required size to shrink the pics. I saw the shrunken pics but that was the end of my venture.

Weird. Copying pics from the net didn't even involve compressing.

A

Old 11-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #9
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink Tiptoe And The Tiger

If little teeny tiny TIPSY gets pregnant from a TIGER
SHE MAY EXPLODE! i'M JUST SAYING...

How's the name SLICK??? The Tykerb Tiger is surely no pussyfooter/gumshoe... More like SLY!

Old 11-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #10
PinkGirl

Talking more..

I believe you Andi - it just doesn't make sense.

Brenda - just a thought - when I was waiting for
Tiptoe to arrive, we were all thinking of names for
her. Then she arrived, and she already had a name.
Maybe your Tiger has a name. Tip's was on the tag
on her butt.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #11
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink I don't want my computer to hear this, but... I HATE MACHINES..

I know PinkGirl... A lot in Life does not make sense. Annoying, every time!

Yes Tiger may come w/a name, just as TipToe did. How big is Tiger? Tippy is teeny, like a hamster... They may need to have a larger burrow and box to travel in. Think Tiger would pierce on ear? Like some guys.

Andi BB

Old 11-10-2007, 08:36 PM   #12
hutchibk

I like Eldridge. But we will need to see what his butt says about that. There is a Tiger at Tiger Island outside Brisbane Australia who is named Sultan... and he is a beautiful and spicy personality. Very sexy too. Let's keep that one in mind too, in case he prefers to change his given name post adoption. He will not be much bigger than Tipsy. He will be a miniature Tiger. He will be taller, but who doesn't want a tall handsome suitor? I think adoption is a great idea. I hope they don't mind this pre-arranged marriage.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 11-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #13
Jeanette

Talking Tip

How about Ragah for the tigers name. I have been following this thread and come to the conclusion that the ladies on this site are a litle bit daffy. But I love you all to death. This takes our minds off the dreaded disease. Keep up the good work ladies, I shall be keeping tabs on you all, Jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #14
PinkGirl

Smile daffy

Jeanette,

Yes, we are. And thank you for noticing.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #15
hutchibk

Daffy? Yeah, I can roll with that, daffy as a duck. What Jeanette, you think it's weird to plan a wedding for two stuffed animals? Whatevah... LOL!

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 11-11-2007, 07:14 AM   #16
PinkGirl

Smile Here we go again..........

Did you say wedding???? When will it be, at the San Antonio conference?
That would be where they would have the most family. Who is going to make her dress and his tux? Flowers? Rings? Do we wait to see if they even like each other - that would be the kind thing to do. I always think about arranged marriages as being a thing of the past, like my grand-parents.
Don't forget they'll need their own room..............family coming from their home countries?.......who will give her away?..............church or JP...........
Is this daffy????

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #17
Jeanette

Wink Daffy

I really don't think it's daffy to plan a wedding for our stuffed animals. I just hope that Tip will be in white. Would hate to hear of her virtue being besmirched. Let the planning begin ladies. Hugs to you all, Jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #18
fauxgypsy

I think we need to consult Tiptoe about any marraige plans. I told her about the Tykerb Tiger and she is looking forward to meeting him. She is excited about a travel companion but says that even in China arranged marraiges are rare these days, and she is an independent kind of girl. Give her a chance to get to know him. who knows , she might meet someone else on her travels. After all, she is going to get her picture made tomorrow at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy, where they have done a huge amount of research into Taxol. She might even meet a nice Southern boy in Georgia. Southern men are just full of charm.

Leslie
ER+/PR+, her2 +++, nuclear grade 3 of 3
February 20-PET scan showed something on liver. No biopsy.
March- Started carboplatin, herceptin, taxol on a four week cycle
May 3- Pet scan, with intent to do a biopsy, found nothing, liver or breast- no biopsy because there is nothing to biopsy
June 21- new onc, very concerned that there had been no biopsy,
June 18th-CAT scan, bone scan-negative
August 7th - Brain MRI-negative
August 9th- mastectomy, all pathology negative
January 2008 still NED! New oncologist -herceptin for full year after chemo- until July, and tamoxifen---negative scans since May '07
July 2008-Finished Herceptin!
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #19
PinkGirl

Wink T & T

No besmirching of Tiptoe allowed - she will definitely wear white and appropriately so (from what she told me).

I agree with Faux. We will have to let Tip have the final say. It's her life.
Here's hoping they like each other.

Gotta go listen to the Queen. She's giving her Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day speech on TV. She's in France (Vimy Ridge).
Oops, no she isn't. It's the dedication of the new cenetaph at Vimy Ridge in April. I'll watch it anyway.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #20
hutchibk

I meant to say 'planning an engagement' - with both of their approvals, of course! He is pretty charming, as he is a Texas Tiger... but not a strong Texas twang or anything. Don't know if he even has a pair of boots. He won't be traveling with his horse, as it's hard to put a horse in a box.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~