HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-17-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
eric

Phase I Trial Of VB6-845 Anti-Cancer Antibody

http://www.emaxhealth.com/51/12884.html

Viventia Biotech Initiates Patient Treatment For Phase I Trial Of VB6-845 Anti-Cancer Antibody

Viventia Biotech has initiated patient dosing for its Phase I clinical trial of VB6-845.

Designed for systemic use against metastatic cancers, VB6-845 is a humanized antibody fragment targeting EpCAM fused with the Company's proprietary deimmunized form of the cytotoxic protein Bouganin.

signed to establish the safety and preliminary efficacy of this novel cytotoxic conjugate. The study will be conducted as a solid tumors "all comers" trial, so that accrual can be expedited and a range of responses obtained.

"Our unique approach to creating cancer drugs has yielded a novel antibody-based therapeutic with the potential to be safer than traditional cancer treatments while attacking cancers in their most lethal form, once they have metastasized," said Dr. Nick Glover, President and CEO of Viventia Biotech. "We look forward to advancing this Phase I trial and evaluating the safety and early efficacy results expected later this year."

VB6-845 has demonstrated effective cancer cell killing properties in pre-clinical tests. A full array of animal efficacy studies and safety studies of VB6-845 for the treatment of ovarian cancer and other solid tumors has been completed. In animal xenograft studies, VB6-845 elicited 100% complete cures of established ovarian tumors. VB6-845 has been shown to be safely tolerated in both primate and rodent animal safety studies.

Viventia is expanding its late-stage pipeline with additional novel anti-cancer therapeutics consisting of human antibodies obtained from its proprietary antibody generation platform Hybridomics(TM) conjugated to its proprietary cytotoxic protein Bouganin. Viventia retains full global product rights to all of its drug candidates and technology platforms. The Company's business development efforts are focused on identifying and selecting a partner capable of complementing Viventia's development expertise with global sales, marketing and commercialization capabilities.
eric is offline   Reply With Quote