HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2017, 06:03 AM   #1
TiffanyS

Perjeta Side-Effects

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding how to deal with diarrhea cause by Perjeta? My doctor gave me a prescription for Lomotil, which helps for a short period of time, however, my nurse practitioner told me not to take it too often, as it can cause constipation. I’ve been using it, along with Imodium, when I have to go out, however, if I’m staying home, I try not to use it, which means I’m running to the bathroom all of the time. Pretty much everything I eat goes right through me, and I’m getting scared to eat in public, in case I need to use the bathroom afterward. I spoke to a dietitian, and she told me to eat canned fruits and veggies, and recommended a cereal for me, but eating these things don’t seem to help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
12/15 – First mammogram
01/16 – Second mammogram and ultrasound.
01/16 – Meet surgeon and go for third mammogram, second ultrasound and biopsy. Surgeon confirms cancer in left breast and lymph nodes and sets surgery date.
01/16 – Chest scan and bone scan done– all looks good.
02/16 – Surgery - left breast mastectomy and 16 lymph nodes removed (8 had cancer).
02/16 – CT scan done – small nodules on lung but Doctor advises it’s normal. They will continue to monitor just in case.
03/16 – Meet radiation oncologist and find out results of Pathology Report. I’m told that I have locally advanced breast cancer, based on the size of my tumour (7 cm!) and the fact that they found cancer cells in eight lymph nodes. I’m also told that I’m HER 2 positive, with high levels of estrogen and progesterone and that my cancer is stage 3, grade 2.
03/16 – Meet oncologist and am told that my cancer is actually grade 3, and that I should have done chemo before surgery. Too late now!
03/16 – Start first of six doses of chemo (Carboplatin and Docetaxal) and Herceptin (for one year).
04/16 – Have port put in.
04/16 – Get second dose of chemo, but Docetaxal is left out due to liver enzymes being high. I was unable to get a full dose of Docetaxal after my first treatment.
06/16 – Finished chemo! One month off and then I start radiation.
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
07/16 – First radiation treatment – 24 more to go!
08/16 – Went for Genetic Testing to see if I have the BRCA gene. Tested negative for BRCA I and II
08/16 – Radiation oncologist biopsies “scar tissue” on my scar. I am told that I have a “local recurrence” and need to have rush surgery.
09/16 – Meet surgeon who advises that I need to meet with a plastic surgeon, as they will need to do a skin graft to close me up after surgery. Meet plastic surgeon and all looks good. A surgery date is set for October 4.
09/16 – Go for rush ultrasound, bone scan, breast MRI and CT scan.
09/16 – Meet oncologist who advises that the ultrasound and bone scan results look good, and that MRI shows three small masses at surgery site, but lymph nodes are clear. Still awaiting the results of the CT scan, but we are positive it will look good.
09/16 – Get a call from my oncologist, who advises that CT scan shows small spots on my lungs, and a large lymph node in the middle of my chest. This means the cancer has spread! She looks into getting me funded for TDM1 and cancels my surgery.
10/16 – Meet oncologist, who advises that I have to take Perjeta before I can take TDM1. I start Perjeta/Herceptin every three weeks for an indefinite amount of time, and Taxol, which I will take two weeks in a row with one week off and then two weeks in a row for 8-16 treatments. Stop Tamoxifen.
10/16 – Meet surgeon, who reviews my CT scan and advises that the spots on my lungs may not be cancer, and that he doesn’t see a lymph node in my chest. He thinks it’s a spot on my lung. I’m feeling very confused! He advises that my oncologist doesn’t want me to have surgery to remove the three small masses on my scar line, as she wants to use them as a way to determine if the treatment is working. He advises that if they have not shrunk in 6 months, he will revisit surgery.
10/16 – CEA blood test to determine Tumour markers. Results were normal (2.7). My doctor advises that this could mean two things: (1) that the treatment is working, and the tumours are shrinking, or (2), that I'm one of those people who never get elevated CEA levels. Given that some people never get an elevated CEA level, this test doesn’t seem very accurate to me! Asked for PET scan, but am told I don’t qualify.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
11/16 - CA-15-30 blood test – Tumour markers are normal at 19.
11/16 – Second CEA blood test – Tumours markers are still normal at 1.6
11/16 – Second CA-15-30 bloot test – Tumour markers are still normal at 19
11/16 – Develop lymphedema and have to wear a sleeve
12/16 – CT Scan shows that the tumors on my lungs and the lymph node in the middle of my chest are shrinking, and that some have resolved. Also, the small masses along my scar line are no longer visible. This means the medication is working!
12/16 – Small “pimple” shows up where old tumour on chest wall was located. Doctor is going to biopsy it in early January to see if it’s cancer.
TiffanyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:50 AM   #2
thinkpositive

Re: Perjeta Side-Effects

Tiffany,

I found that doubling the dose of Imodium worked for me. It is a delicate dance because then I would at times get constipated. However, I found the constipation much easier to deal with. I could often just consume lots of fruits to solve the problem. That was much easier than dealing with the dreaded D.

Take care,
Brenda
9/2013 After 1st round of chemo, mass in neck and breast no longer able to feel
11/2013 Hysterectomy, mass from PET/CT scan not cancer (adenomylosis)
12/2013 Finished chemo
1/2014 Double mastectomy with chest expanders
1/2014 Pathology report from surgery and SNB show complete pathological response!
3/2014 Finish IMRT radiation
8/2014 Fat transfer to radiated breast
8/2014 Completed 1 yr of Herceptin
10/2014 exchange surgery expanders removed implants placed
6/2015 3D nipple and areola tattoos
thinkpositive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:00 AM   #3
TiffanyS

Thanks Brenda. I do take Imodium when I’m out and about, but I find that it doesn’t work for long, only for a few hours. I guess I could start taking extra before I got out. It’s getting to the point where I’m afraid to leave my house, in case I need to rush to the bathroom! As soon as I get up in the morning, I take Lomotil and Imodium right away, as I don’t want to be stuck on the subway having to use the bathroom. The dietitian I spoke to told me to avoid fresh fruit when I have diarrhea, and to eat canned fruit instead. That’s what I have been doing, but it doesn’t seem to be helping. The diarrhea is getting worse, and lasting longer, with each treatment of Perjeta, and since I have to take Perjeta for an indefinite amount of time, I’d really like to find a way to deal with this now.

12/15 – First mammogram
01/16 – Meet surgeon and go for third mammogram, second ultrasound and biopsy. Surgeon confirms cancer in left breast and lymph nodes and sets surgery date.
02/16 – Surgery - left breast mastectomy and 16 lymph nodes removed (8 had cancer).
02/16 – CT scan done – small nodules on lung but Doctor advises it’s normal. They will continue to monitor just in case.
03/16 – Meet radiation oncologist and find out results of Pathology Report. I’m told that I have locally advanced breast cancer, based on the size of my tumour (7 cm!) and the fact that they found cancer cells in eight lymph nodes. I’m also told that I’m HER 2 positive, with high levels of estrogen and progesterone and that my cancer is stage 3, grade 2.
03/16 – Meet oncologist and am told that my cancer is actually grade 3, and that I should have done chemo before surgery. Too late now!
03/16 – Start first of six doses of chemo (Carboplatin and Docetaxal) and Herceptin (for one year).
04/16 – Get second dose of chemo, but Docetaxal is left out due to liver enzymes being high. I was unable to get a full dose of Docetaxal after my first treatment.
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
08/16 – Went for Genetic Testing to see if I have the BRCA gene. Tested negative for BRCA I and II
08/16 – Radiation oncologist biopsies “scar tissue” on my scar. I am told that I have a “local recurrence” and need to have rush surgery.
09/16 – Meet surgeon who advises that I need to meet with a plastic surgeon, as they will need to do a skin graft to close me up after surgery. Meet plastic surgeon and all looks good. A surgery date is set for October 4.
09/16 – Meet oncologist who advises that the ultrasound and bone scan results look good, and that MRI shows three small masses at surgery site, but lymph nodes are clear. Still awaiting the results of the CT scan, but we are positive it will look good.
09/16 – Get a call from my oncologist, who advises that CT scan shows small spots on my lungs, and a large lymph node in the middle of my chest. This means the cancer has spread! She looks into getting me funded for TDM1 and cancels my surgery.
10/16 – Meet oncologist, who advises that I have to take Perjeta before I can take TDM1. I start Perjeta/Herceptin every three weeks for an indefinite amount of time, and Taxol, which I will take two weeks in a row with one week off and then two weeks in a row for 8-16 treatments. Stop Tamoxifen.
10/16 – Meet surgeon, who reviews my CT scan and advises that the spots on my lungs may not be cancer, and that he doesn’t see a lymph node in my chest. He thinks it’s a spot on my lung. I’m feeling very confused! He advises that my oncologist doesn’t want me to have surgery to remove the three small masses on my scar line, as she wants to use them as a way to determine if the treatment is working. He advises that if they have not shrunk in 6 months, he will revisit surgery.
10/16 – CEA blood test to determine Tumour markers. Results were normal (2.7). My doctor advises that this could mean two things: (1) that the treatment is working, and the tumours are shrinking, or (2), that I'm one of those people who never get elevated CEA levels. Given that some people never get an elevated CEA level, this test doesn’t seem very accurate to me! Asked for PET scan, but am told I don’t qualify.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
12/16 – CT Scan shows that the tumors on my lungs and the lymph node in the middle of my chest are shrinking, and that some have resolved. Also, the small masses along my scar line are no longer visible. This means the medication is working!
12/16 – Small “pimple” shows up where old tumour on chest wall was located. Doctor is going to biopsy it in early January to see if it’s cancer.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #4
Juls

Hi Tiffany
Doesn't a lot of fruit and veg make it worse - tinned or otherwise!
I can understand cereals helping.
I take vitamins & 1/2 iron tablet most days. - I don't take a full iron tablet because it has opposite effect - so might be worth trying!
juls
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:50 PM   #5
TiffanyS

Hi Jules, the dietitian I spoke to told me that fresh fruits and veggies will make it worse (which is too bad because I love fresh salads), but that canned fruits and veggies are fine. I have been eating some canned fruits, but have been staying away from all veggies for now.

I’ll ask about the iron tablets when I see my doctor tomorrow. When I mentioned it to her last Tuesday, she just told me to keep taking the Lomotil and Imodium. I would like to try and come up with a way to deal with this problem without have to rely on pills, as I’m already taking so many pills for so many other things. I’m also hoping that over time, it will get better. Maybe my body will get used to the Perjeta, and it won’t give me diarrhea anymore.

12/15 – First mammogram
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
Old 01-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #6
Juls

Hi Tiffany
I did find that stomach settled the longer I was on H & P
Re canned fruits etc - There probably easier to digest but still worth limiting. Here we're told to up fruit etc if we have the opposite problem ( particularly prunes!!)
Juls
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #7
TiffanyS

I’m glad to hear that things got better for you the longer you were on Perjeta. Maybe I’ll ask to see the dietitian again tomorrow, and I’ll limit my canned fruit in-take.

12/15 – First mammogram
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
Old 01-21-2017, 10:13 AM   #8
Mtngrl

Tiffany,

I had diarrhea for years due to various treatments I've been on. I no longer do, and I don't really know why. But I can tell you what I've done and what I'm doing now. I also think there are other threads on this site about dealing with diarrhea.

I'm a big believer in staying ahead of diarrhea. It can become a vicious cycle (and overmedicating it can cause a diarrhea/constipation vicious cycle.) Don't wait to intervene. Take 2 Imodium when you have the first loose stool, and take one pill after every subsequent one until it stops. I got so I could anticipate (from how my belly felt) that I might be about to have diarrhea, and I'd take one pill prophylactically.

I was on Tykerb and Kadcyla last June for a very short time. It caused the world's worst diarrhea. I stopped taking the Tykerb, and it got less horrible but didn't really stop. Out of desperation I switched to the "BRAT" diet to heal my gut. That stands for banana, rice, applesauce, toast (white bread). It also includes cooked carrot. I cooked the rice and carrot in chicken broth. That's all I ate for a few weeks. Boring, but it worked.

I also think (contrary to the advice some people gave me) that fiber helps fend off diarrhea, at least the kind I was getting. After my gut healed from the super-diarrhea I got from Tykerb and Kadcyla, I started using psyllium husk. Stir it into water or juice, and drink it quickly, then have another glass of water. Start with a low dose a few times a day and work up. It is a water soluble fiber. I think it helps absorb the excess fluid in loose stools, without causing constipation.

I also take probiotics and eat yogurt (or put it in my smoothies). I have a very high fiber diet--whole grain bread, oatmeal (with flax seed meal in it), popcorn, fruits and vegetables, including the skins.
Mtngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:51 PM   #9
Jedrik

Like you I'm convinced fibres that can bind a lot of fluid can work both ways, either get things moving or bulking them up for slower movement. During chemo I varied between finely ground coconut and ground flax seed in my joghurt or oats, and chia seed soaked in juice when I wanted something sweet and cool. Worked a charm.
start 10/19/2015 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)
Targeted Therapy start 10/19/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab), Perjeta (pertuzumab)
Surgery 02/23/2016 MX Left, PMX Right
Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #10
Mtngrl

Tiffany--

Here's a "managing diarrhea" thread from awhile back. http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...light=diarrhea

I forgot about glutamine and exercise.

Amy
Mtngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:50 AM   #11
TiffanyS

Thanks all. I’ve been trying to keep on top of the diarrhea by taking Lomotil and Imodium when I feel it coming on, and it does help for a little while, but then the diarrhea comes back. I already take fibre in smoothies and juices, and have been for years, but it doesn’t seem to be helping right now. Maybe I should increase the amount I’m taking. I also used to have a very high fibre diet, however, my dietician told me to stop eating the high fibre foods I was eating, as they were making my diarrhea worse. I used to eat a lot of salads and berries, and high fibre cereals (like Fibre One), but she told me to stop eating all of those types of foods. She said I could eat canned fruits and veggies, but to stay away from fresh fruits and veggies, and she told me to start eating Quaker Oats cereal instead. It’s too bad because I love berries and salads. I’ll read the link below and see if I can get some other tips, etc.

12/15 – First mammogram
02/16 – CT scan done – small nodules on lung but Doctor advises it’s post surgical. They will continue to monitor just in case.
03/16 – Start first of six doses of chemo (Carboplatin and Docetaxal) and Herceptin (for 18 months).
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
12/16 – Small “pimple” shows up where old tumour on chest wall was located. Doctor is going to monitor it for now.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:56 AM   #12
TiffanyS

I was just reading the other posts. I’ve never heard of Glutamine before, but I’ll look into it. It sounds like it helps with both diarrhea and neuropathy, my two biggest problems. Now, if only it helped with shortness of breath. Then I’d have all of my serious side-effects dealt with!

12/15 – First mammogram
02/16 – CT scan done – small nodules on lung but Doctor advises it’s post surgical. They will continue to monitor just in case.
03/16 – Start first of six doses of chemo (Carboplatin and Docetaxal) and Herceptin (for 18 months).
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
12/16 – Small “pimple” shows up where old tumour on chest wall was located. Doctor is going to monitor it for now.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:05 AM   #13
TiffanyS

I bought a bottle of Glutamine today, and I’m going to bring it to my appointment with me next Tuesday in order to ask my doctor if it’s okay for me to take them during treatment. If she gives me the okay, I’m hoping that it will help with the diarrhea and neuropathy. On a positive note, the diarrhea has been much better since Sunday, and seems to only last for about a week and half after getting Perjeta. At least I get a bit of a break from it between treatements.

12/15 – First mammogram
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
Old 02-01-2017, 06:17 AM   #14
TiffanyS

I spoke to my doctor about Glutamine yesterday, and she told me she didn’t want me to take them. She said that if my diarrhea is bad, to take more Lomotil and Imodium. I told her I’d like to find a way to prevent the diarrhea, and not just stop it for a few hours with medication, and she said that there’s not much I can do to stop it, and that it’s just a bad side-effect caused by the Perjeta. She said that it may eventually get better on its own. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see.

12/15 – First mammogram
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
08/16 – Radiation oncologist biopsies “scar tissue” on my scar. I am told that I have a local recurrence and need to have rush surgery.
09/16 – Get a call from my oncologist, who advises that CT scan shows small spots on my lungs, and a large lymph node in the middle of my chest. This means the cancer has spread! She looks into getting me funded for TDM-1 and cancels my surgery.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
03/17 – CT Chest scan scheduled to see if there’s improvement to chest and lungs. If results the are good, I get to stop taking Taxol!
05/17 – Second brain MRI scheduled
Old 02-05-2017, 08:21 AM   #15
conomyself

High pH water resolved the issue for me. 9.5 or higher pH. I drink at least a quart of it per day and it relieves both water retention and diarrhea.
ER+/PR+/HER2+ amplification 4.8 (whatever that means)
8/13/2012 Brain MRI (clear); bone scan verified CT scan
8/14/12 started Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin, 2 rounds (added Neulasta after 9/4 treatment)
9/4/12 CA 15-3: >3000
9/15/12 CA 15-3: 840
9/15/12 started Taxotere/Perjeta/Herceptin, 4 rounds (no Neulasta)
10/29/12 CT scan showed dramatic improvement in all areas - largest liver met 2.5 cm, largest lung met 10 cm
12/17/12 Started Perjeta/Herceptin, 2 rounds
12/17/12 CA 15-3: 17 Yay!!!
1/21/13 CT scan showed improvement - largest liver met 1.9 cm, largest lung met 2 mm
1/29/13 CA 15-3: 12 Started Herceptin only
3/12/13 CA 15-3: still 12 yay!! Back to Perjeta/Herceptin
3/29/13 CT scan more improvement - largest liver met 1.2 cm, some lung mets disappeared!
3/7/14 started Tamoxifen
6/27/13 - 1/2015 CT scan stable
Began a diet of only single ingredient foods and went nearly NED excepts for some tiny lung spots - ask me if you want to know more...
1/2015 - 1/2017 CT scan stable
conomyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:00 AM   #16
Jedrik

Since you mention it: I took frequent baths in epsom salts and supplemented with high pH salt tablets and did not have a lot of trouble going through chemo. Could be coincidence, but the MO agreed it wouldn't harm me trying that for - heartburn.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:42 AM   #17
TiffanyS

Where did you get the high pH water? I couldn’t find any at my local grocery store. I can’t take a bath where I live right now (it’s stained from the previous user), although my landlord is going to re-finish the tub at the end of May. Once it’s been re-finished, I can take a bath with Epsom salts.

12/15 – First mammogram
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
08/16 – Radiation oncologist biopsies “scar tissue” on my chest wall. I am told that I have a local recurrence and need to have rush surgery.
09/16 – Get a call from my oncologist, who advises that CT scan shows small spots on my lungs, and a large lymph node in the middle of my chest. This means the cancer has spread! She looks into getting me funded for TDM-1 and cancels my surgery.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
03/17 – CT Chest scan scheduled to see if there’s improvement to chest and lungs. If results the are good, I get to stop taking Taxol!
Old 02-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #18
Jedrik

Try a foot bath with epsom salts. After taxol your feet will welcome some TLC anyway and it even might help you sleep if you do it before bed time.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:58 AM   #19
TiffanyS

Thanks. I’ll look into getting some Epson salts. I have also increased my fibre in-take, adding a scoop into my juice or water every day, instead of only a few day a week, and it seems to be helping. I’m still getting the diarrhea, but it’s not as bad as it has been. My concern about depending on the Lomotil is that it causes constipation, and I don’t want to go from one side of the spectrum to the other!

12/15 – First mammogram
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
08/16 – Radiation oncologist biopsies “scar tissue” on my chest wall. I am told that I have a local recurrence and need to have rush surgery.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
Old 02-08-2017, 03:15 PM   #20
SoCalGal

I feel I'm the Queen of Pooperia. It's been 10 years of trying to figure this crap out - PUN INTENDED. Your doc is right, it's a side effect of H and P.

For a long time, I broke immodium in half, and took a half tablet three times a day to be more steady and prophylactic in my approach. I would also supplement with lomatil if needed.

BRAT diet is good, too, for calming things down: bananas, apple, rice, toast. Can also try eliminating wheat and dairy. Eating fiber that bulks and not eating raw fruits and vegetables, they are harder to digest than cooked foods.

Inflammation plays a part, so steroids can help but you pay such a high price when you add them into your body. There has been a lot of talk online about staying on antihistamines for a few days post herceptin/perjeta. It would be easy enough to take a claritin or allegra and see if you get any results.

(I am using a medicine called entocort ec and that seems to have helped my tremendously. My concerns were not just being tied to the bathroom, which is bad enough, but also I was loosing weight, not absorbing nutrition, and was becoming clinically dehydrated).

Hope you get this worked out soon!
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote