HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2005, 01:13 AM   #1
Emma Vironmaki

Hi there,
I am (again) writing on behalf of my cousin whose her+ breast cancer has advanced to her brain. She was given whole brain radiation and promptly told that she has max half a year to live. However, as I read the messages on this board, I get a very different picture.

She received WBR for five days and was told that the treatment cannot be performed another time due to damages for the brain. Yet I read experiences of four weeks on WBR?

I don't think a treatment called Gamma Knife has been discussed with her. Can it be done in all cases of brain mets? She has several, but some women tell they have received gamma knife treatment for 9 brain mets?

She is on Herceptin, Navelbine and some other chemo. Earlier she has been treated with combinations of Taxotere and Xeloda, and before that with Herceptin and some other chemo. She has occasionally been better but her desease seems to be very aggressive (or the right drug combination hasn't been found yet).

Thank you for this forum, and thank you Steph for your thorough (with photo) account on how the treatment is performed!

I am eternally thankful for any responses, even negative ones.

Emma from Finland