HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2004, 01:04 AM   #1
Janelle

Well, after all the tests that I've had over the last two months (2 Brain MRI's, Lumbar Puncture, 2 Fusion PET/CT's) ... the Tumor Board met and I saw the Oncologist yesterday.

The Good News:
She said they're NOT concerned about the 4 mm brain lesion! (insert big sigh here) We'll watch it to keep tabs on it ... but, they don't think it's a major concern since it did not change during the 7 weeks between MRI's and the lumbar puncture results were all clean, etc.

The Bad News:
I have a new tumor in my liver (only one!). NED left me for another, :-( ... So here we go again! I need a liver biopsy (been there, done that) and they said that they'll call me today or tomorrow with the date and we'll go from there. The onc. discussed several options, it all depends on the biopsy results, tumor size, HER2 testing... etc. The Oncologist is going to talk to the surgeon about possibly doing a radiofrequency ablation... 'frying' the little bugger, so we'll see. She also talked about researching trials, possibly adding Navilbine with the Herceptin (which I will continue, phew!) ... everything depends on the biopsy results.

I'm OK, for the most part. Now that the waiting and worrying is over, I can put on the boxing gloves and fight it, again! Time to hit the search button feature here and get myself educated .....

On top of everything... I had to put my 18 yr old cat/companion, Bailey, to sleep last week... she was my BC buddy and her presence in my world was a gift from God. She's in a better place and no longer in pain, but I miss the little fur ball so much.

So, that's where I am right now. Thanks again for all your support and well wishes ... you are angels. Be well.

Hugs,
Janelle
Old 09-29-2004, 01:53 AM   #2
Judy

Yes...it is a good news/bad news thing and I'm so sorry that you are having to do all of this. I like your attitude that you will hit the research again though. That's how I am....check it out as much as possible. I'm sure many ladies on this board can help you as well. And then...on top of it all to lose your buddy. It must leave a real hole in your heart. Here's some ((((((hugs))))) and know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you....
Old 09-29-2004, 03:26 AM   #3
Vicki Z

Hi Janelle,

I'm sending you hugs as you make good strides in your health. I know we always seem to get a mixed bag of information so research away and know we're thinking of you. I'm sorry to hear about your furry one, Bailey. Our four-legged furry ones really do get us through and it's a big loss, but as you said Bailey is no longer in pain. My cat, Chase, really helped me through my healing and is a blessing every day. I love children's author, Cynthia Rylant and she has two books "Dog Heaven" and "Cat Heaven," because of course cats and dogs are very different. But, her words are very loving and comforting if you want to google a search on her and read her precious words. You take care,

Vicki Z in So. Cal.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:29 AM   #4
Lolly

Janelle,
I guess we do learn that with cancer, everything's relative...The good news is surely a relief for you, and the bad news is not so bad, given it's treatable and you have options, right? Who'd have thought we had it in us to be such warriors. Hang in there, and be strong.

Love,
Lolly
Old 09-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #5
Sheila

Janelle
Seems like NED has left several of us lately....the good news is great and the bad news is treatable, so that is good too. Hoping NED is waiting around the corner to come hang out with you soon...
Hugs
Sheila
Old 09-29-2004, 08:37 AM   #6
celina

Janelle,
Sorry to hear about your cat...it truly is remarkable how pets can bring so much love into our lives (p.s. I have a 14 yr old dog.)
Sounds like you'll be back to NED in no time...keep up that fighting spirit!!
Old 09-29-2004, 12:05 PM   #7
judiek

Janelle,

I'm sorry about the loss of baily...the timing is never right. Stay strong Janelle...NED will be back!!

Warmly,

Judiek
Old 09-30-2004, 03:48 AM   #8
Alicia

Janelle,
I hope things go smoothly for you and that they obliterate that tumor on your liver! Thinking of you...got your card. YOu are so sweet. I am glad that you are enjoying Edwin McCain! I am off to see him tonight! Take care, Alicia