HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #41
Delaney

Red face Re: Wouldn't we all be better off without this person?

Wow, well done!!!! If that had been me behind them in the queue I would only have thought of a good response way afterwards. You have a talent!!!
Lung mets shrinking.
Back on Herceptin with T/X. Partial response.
Skin mets progressing. Radiation scheduled mid february 2011.
Spot found on hip - radiation to hip beginning mid February 2011.
Now trying Gemzar/Tyverb/Herceptin and Zometa.
CT scan Feb 2011 - lung clear!
Brain mets (specks) - radiation mid Feb.
Brain Scan June'11 - Clear
CT Scan June'11 - Good - skin met active - watch and wait.
Surgery to remove skin met. Surgery to back 2012, four titanium rods inserted. Skin mets reappear. On Navelbine, not working. 4 week washout, start Myocet for skin and lung mets August 2012. Brain scan clear despte intermittent blurry vision (something hiding? Am suspicious but hopeful. )On we go, glad to be here.
Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #42
Jackie07

Re: Wouldn't we all be better off without this person?

Not sure where to post what's been happening to me and hubby lately. Thought it might be safe here since Lee has the power to 'banish' people. (not?

My husband's first girl friend of 3 - 4 years (from 8th grade through 11th, 1/2 year after his family moved 45 miles away) got hold of us through her sister's interaction with my Brother-in-law on Facebook (I know - isn't Facebook wonderful/powerful/terrible? After going through 3 divorces and finally married another old 'classmate' (who had a secret crush on her in high school and they got connected through classmate.com) 6 months ago, she decided to find hubby and tell him why she had broken up with him when they were 17.

Her Mother had 'ordered' her to break up with hubby because she thought they were too 'serious' together. Because her 3rd Brother, who is two years their senior and hubby's best friend - both were on the track team - had gotten his girl friend pregnant before they went to college, her Mother thought she should date other people so she wouldn't get too serious with hubby.

Since hubby was very close to her brother and her late father (a physician and 'the nicest guy I've ever met', according to hubby,) she did not want to tell the truth and hurt hubby's relationship with the two guys.

She and I had e-mailed back and forth for a couple of days before hubby finally dictated a short e-mail telling her it was nobody's fault (Hubby is the rare bred that doesn't use Internet/computer.) It was an emotional event for both of them.

She has also been through treatments for a rare type of cancer and is now in remission. Her first husband (the father of all her three children) had died of a heart attack three years ago at 49.

I was feeling like an accomplished 'volunteer counselor' but was soon scolded by one of my local friends saying that I was 'playing with fire'. It was just impossible to explain it to her. So I thought I would post it here and hopefully get a 'pat on the shoulder' from Lee.

I'm thinking about becoming a licensed counselor as well. It seems that as soon as a 'stranger' learns about what I've been through, he/she automatically respects my opinion. Not?

Oh, yes, the topic was about 'banishing' someone. I was just trying to present a case about the deep psychological effect on people who'd either banished or been banished. For those of you who have 'teens' at home, please seek counseling before you 'make' your daughter/son break up with their girl/boy friend. It could probably cut down the divorce rate in this country.

Certainly it could have gone the other way and made hubby her first 'ex'. I probably do have her to thank for leaving me a wonderful man like hubby. God works mysterious ways.

Having cancer and/or having 2nd chance after remission affects most of us deeply. All of our life events rush back to us when we are faced with a serious illness. Whether or not we will triumph in the situation depends on a lot of factors. I'm just really grateful to Joe, Christine, and all my wonderful Her2support brothers and sisters. Your support not only has helped me conquer cancer, it has enabled me to conquer life.

Thank you.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe

Last edited by Jackie07; 07-14-2010 at 12:21 AM..
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote