HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #19
PeaceMomma

Re: Our Experiment Fasting Around Chemo

I promised a report on my fasting during chemo and I have yet to produce that - life has gotten a little in the way, but I still intend to put my story on here soon. Please have patience with me.

In the meantime, I am still getting herceptin/perjeta infusions every 3 weeks and during my first 2, I continued to fast, but then for 3 & 4, I only fasted the day of the infusion and for 5-7, I did not fast at all. I'm considering fasting with my next infusion because I think I did not feel as good after infusions 5-7, mostly gastrointestinally, but also, I'm wondering if there is any benefit to the fasting during these infusions. I would think that starving the cancer of the sugars during this time would be good, but I'm not sure what schedule to do for these infusions. My regular chemo infusions were on Thursdays and I would start my fast on Monday evening and break it on Saturday afternoon. Since H&P isn't

Anyone else fasting during herceptin-only or H&P infusions? If so, what is your schedule? Just curious what others are finding helpful.
PeaceMomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chemo-fast, fasting